Author Topic: A way to make perk points useful  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
A way to make perk points useful
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2001, 10:52:00 PM »
New idea for AH gameplay:

Give Lazs his own arena: Lazs Theatre

Only problem with the LT is that the only aircraft enabled are the ones Lazs chooses and there are no enemies that can shoot back, just P51 drones that circle the field and can't shoot back.
Lazs, for goodness sake give it a rest and let people fly how they like.  Quit telling us how and what we should fly and just try to enjoy the game for a while.  You never know, you might like it if you gave it a chance...

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: Blue Mako ]

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
Eskimo

If im not mistaken he said that he never "spent a single perk for a F4u4".

He could have used those F4U4's on free perk night when the new version came out. Most likely the case.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
blue mako... nI have explained many times what I would like in an arena.   It is there for all to see so yu have no excuse for lying about it.  If yu wish to criticize something I have actually said then fine... It will be fun but... If you wish to talk out of your bellybutton then just shut up.

eskimo..   I believe that amon has figured out your simple puzzle.   I actually do not believe that the Chog is any big deal tho in any case..  It simply converts a lot of my assists into kills and was able to kill the silly, poorly miodeled GV's.   Apparently it was not such an unbalancing plane that it needed to be perked more than a pitance eh?
lazs

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs1:
blue mako... nI have explained many times what I would like in an arena.
Exactly my point.  MAybe we are familiar with your views so you don't have to keep shoving them at us in the BBS with insults included.

It is there for all to see so yu have no excuse for lying about it.
:confused:  What have I lied about?  I made up a stupid idea (with some dark humour) that was trying to show what your idea in this thread would seem like to me.

If yu wish to criticize something I have actually said then fine... It will be fun but...
Ummmm, I thought that's what I was doing here but I should have used a quote...  Besides, would it make any difference if I tried to offer constructive criticism?  You seem to ignore all the other comments made to you so why should I bother?

Basically I was just trying to say that we all know your point of view so posting about people who enjoy flying buffs or perks or in a strat style as wusses, no talent dweebs or pedophiles is just insulting, ignorant and offensive.  If the gameplay of others is so offensive to you then I suggest you hit the offline button more often...

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2001, 02:25:00 PM »
Excuses Lazs, excuses.

You bash perk planes, and you have flown them.

I fly the Chog as well.  I know of it's uberness as well as anyone.  I had a 24 kill sortie in one, no re-arm (and many other grossly high kill sorties).  There is no other plane in AH that I could drive and come close to repeating that (and I drive a lot of different planes).
The Chog lets you spray & pray like no other.  Ammo conservation is almost a non-issue in that bird.

The CHog has uber guns/ammo-load, and that's why it's perked, and that's why I love it.

eskimo

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2001, 02:32:00 PM »
S!

Relax guys.  We don't need to have a public lynching.  

Lazs has a right to express an opinion.  If you don't want to read it, then don't open his post.  If you don't want to listen to him, then squelch him.

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
eskimo... your skill in any plane is above normal.   The vast majority of people just don't do that well in Chgs....  they were "popular" but... the K/D ratio was never all that much to be concerned about.  They were "perked" more because of popularity than ability.   Believe me... if everyone could get a 24 kill sortie in em then they would probly scrape up those 8 perk points eh?     No, they were perked for popularity reasons and perked low because of ability.   They don't stand a chance against the other perk rides or... a skilled player in many non perked rides..And yes... I tried out perk rides during the free trial but...

Perhaps you recall my sugestion to make perk planes free for everyone for one or two days a tour and simply do away with the perk points?   That, in essence was what the "free trial" days were like.   I have no objection to everyone having the same plane choices but would like planes segregated according to ability.   And, while I have no objection to anyone changing their mind or trying new things.... I believe that my position has been very consistent.
lazs