Author Topic: I'm officially part of the problem now :( Only on new map though.  (Read 6991 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: I'm officially part of the problem now :( Only on new map though.
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »
The idea of people not wanting to fight other people in this game for fear of being beaten by the other player is troubling...

Aggressiveness has been bred out of our society...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:03 PM »
I love the all the drama queens in this game who can't make lemonade when handed a case of lemons. Instead they cry about being a victim because you didn't make the lemonade for them. I'm betting it's players like the OP screaming in the forums why building terrains stopped being fun for the community.

Terrains all have their own personality, this newest one I'm working on is a Pacific Solomon Islands themed.  Resupply in the Pacific was primarily done by sea and air. C47's won't have to fly forever to resupply anything important. Even with 78 capturable fields per country and 10 task forces split between 5 ports, I don't expect this terrain to stay up long once the base takers start rolling.

Those yellow and red markers below the strats are project layer alignment markers on the primary layer, don't need anyone going blind trying to see what they are.

Oceania "Pinky , tonight we make a new world".

25,000ft mountain range and runoff canyons completed, now with the blueprint finished with bases mapped and numbered along with GV spawns in place, I can sculpt and paint the islands.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 03:42:09 PM »
OK who left the soapbox out, put it away next time when you're done with it, see what happens
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »
As for the strats: I prefer to have them concentrated on one location, like it used to be. Preferably not near the front line. Strats should be protected from milk runs but not still accessible for buffs so they should be like 3 sectors from the front line. Strat runs isn't just for taking down buildings but should also invite to high altitude fighter vs bomber fights.
With the spread out strats they are either too easy to reach for noe bombers and jabos, or on the other side of the map and impossible to hit..

Its not worth a long strat run just to hit a single factory so only strat runs now is in the Ki-67 hitting the AAA. With central strats it would be worth upping buffs like B-17 or B-29 and hit several factories.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
And in the amount of time you guys pontificate on what color your undies are, or your preferences for how you want your lemonade served to you, I built a 3000ft volcanic mountain line.

Besides, I already completed the 25,000ft barrier wall and the 30 mile wide canyon land at it's foot. Yep that soap box is lost out there somewhere where I tossed it, you alls can go look for it here in awhile if Hitech likes this thing when I submit it. :O

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »
The idea of people not wanting to fight other people in this game for fear of being beaten by the other player is troubling...

Aggressiveness has been bred out of our society...
#1 contributing factor AH has on that problem is a little thing called time commitment.

*drops the mic*

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »
Two sets of buffs hit nmy AAA strat. 1st set (mossies, fast sons'a'guns) rtbed after drop, I stuck around to strafe a few more factories down. No uppers. Together we buffs got AAA down to 28%; before the mossies could land--maybe 30min?--nmy AAA was 92%, and 100% 9 minutes later.
Kudos to nmy for realizing the 3:20 min resup time was ridiculous and well worth a quick strat resup mission. But as a result, during prime time I will now bomb and bail strats on this map. No other way to take advantage of the damage it took me the better part of an hour to create. Apologies in advance.
Kinda neat watching this thread evolve... Kinda sobering :noid

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »
#1 contributing factor AH has on that problem is a little thing called time commitment.

*drops the mic*

Then you can give me three kills when you bail.   

You got your time and I got something for chasing you for half an hour.  Everyone is happy.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2017, 10:34:56 AM »
Simply don't go after bombers you cannot catch before they reach their target.

There's no reason to do so. They will return anyway, because neither the player dies, nor are planes on short supply.

Hence, the only reason to go for them after the drop is easy kills. Which is, as you like to phrase it, "Garbage gameplay".

With very few exceptions our "Bombers" are anything but Easy Kills. :joystick:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »
the op is using his gameplay in a attempt to gain "time" because the game and map creator have introduced a imbalance of time between destruction and repair.  a complaint about the imbalance coupled with the use of a controversial topic to add fuel to the fire.

I tell you bombers get no respect.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2017, 12:34:33 PM »
Oh!

I get your sarcasm now. Hitech caused the OP's undies to twist around his lemons so tight he is crying over the Internet for someone at HTC to break down his basement door, save his lemons, and make lemonade for him while they are at it.

Ewwwww.......OP needs to get a life and make his own lemonade.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »
if im reading this correctly im left wondering if lemonaide comes from lemons or the little plastic tub.  I just cant get my mind to decide what is lemonaide?

anyway, we've already covered WHY the op has his issue. short resupply times brought forth buy whiners wishes and a new map that is designed to thwart a few dedicated players that add more to this game than any map will ever do.  Unfortunately, the op has been hit in the crossfire between playing a cool game and a mutated form of "ideal" arena behavior.  The programmer police create more laws to fight away the deplorables.  It is ok, the freedom to bail at anytime is always in the players hand.

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
Then you can give me three kills when you bail.   

You got your time and I got something for chasing you for half an hour.  Everyone is happy.
I would never bail on someone who upped to intercept me. I'd give you a fair fight and it wouldn't take 30 minutes either.

I'd much rather run into you with a 190 than a set of buffs :cheers:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2017, 04:20:37 PM »
I would never bail on someone who upped to intercept me. I'd give you a fair fight and it wouldn't take 30 minutes either.

I'd much rather run into you with a 190 than a set of buffs :cheers:

Heh.  :)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »

anyway, we've already covered WHY the op has his issue. short resupply times brought forth buy whiners wishes and a new map that is designed to thwart a few dedicated players that add more to this game than any map will ever do.  Unfortunately, the op has been hit in the crossfire between playing a cool game and a mutated form of "ideal" arena behavior.  The programmer police create more laws to fight away the deplorables.  It is ok, the freedom to bail at anytime is always in the players hand.
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks cigg, nice summation. Only things I'd like to add are:

1) I am one of the most vocal anti-bomb 'n' bailers in game, yet I feel driven to this, and;
2) I haven't even glanced at the topic since I posted it until today because I'm kind of ashamed that I plan to do it anyway and didn't want to read any legitimately disparaging comments on such behavior.
 :frown: