Author Topic: I'm officially part of the problem now :( Only on new map though.  (Read 6977 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: I'm officially part of the problem now :( Only on new map though.
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »

Here is the rest of that story.  When I logged on and saw the AAA strat at 28% and field gun down times were over 90 minutes then I jumped in an M3 with field sups and headed toward the strat (like I wanted to) to resupply.  I think it took about 3 or 4 minutes to get there by the time I got hung up on some low hanging tree limbs from time to time. As I recall it took about 8 or 9 trips to get the strat back to 100%. No other team mates were helping this particular time.

While I agree with most of your post--including not having a lot of respect for bomb 'n' bailers--this part is flat out untrue. I saw 2 different m3s resupping the strats when I went down to strafe, one of whom shot me down. When I PMed an acquaintance on that team and asked how many m3 drivers it took to get the strat back up as quickly as they did, he said 5.
Not sure why you feel compelled to fib in telling "the rest of the story," but if people read my original post and do the math they'll see that five was correct.
Anyway, I've said my piece, I'm done with this.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
Any kind of whining is a waste of time when you are free to create your own super strat runners paradise. HTC don't create terrains, players do.

I don't like what single players like you do to the majority and their very short time to enjoy the game on terrains that have no thought to keeping your activities to a minimum. So I built an anti strat runner paradise by giving some thought to the process. Hitech had no problem with that and put it rotation.

The majority enjoy playing on it when it comes around in the queue because they can play with all their toys available during their short amount of time each day. Whining about it in here is just looking for attention because you know from experience Hitech won't change what keeps the majority happy based on his terrain rules. So you and Nat can get together and build a strat runners single salute paradise just like I created an answer to spending my evenings with no radar, no supplies, no AA, and listening to everyone whine on country about it. It was surprising simple what it took to do something about it versus whining in here.

It doesn't take long to build a terrain once you get the hang of it, I've got another one in the oven. I'm getting my island production time streamlined after a bit of testing creating the features over about 8 hours.

This is something I just threw together for my new terrain.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »
Best map in the game precisely because it drives action.  Griefers can't grief.    Well done.  Nothing is perfect but well done. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2017, 04:06:53 AM »
Any kind of whining is a waste of time when you are free to create your own super strat runners paradise. HTC don't create terrains, players do.

I don't like what single players like you do to the majority and their very short time to enjoy the game on terrains that have no thought to keeping your activities to a minimum. So I built an anti strat runner paradise by giving some thought to the process. Hitech had no problem with that and put it rotation.

The majority enjoy playing on it when it comes around in the queue because they can play with all their toys available during their short amount of time each day. Whining about it in here is just looking for attention because you know from experience Hitech won't change what keeps the majority happy based on his terrain rules. So you and Nat can get together and build a strat runners single salute paradise just like I created an answer to spending my evenings with no radar, no supplies, no AA, and listening to everyone whine on country about it. It was surprising simple what it took to do something about it versus whining in here.

It doesn't take long to build a terrain once you get the hang of it, I've got another one in the oven. I'm getting my island production time streamlined after a bit of testing creating the features over about 8 hours.

(Image removed from quote.)

the arrogance is astounding.  you grief one player with a map, negating the ability to play the game as it was created.  your position and purpose defeats game play.  also assuming you understand the majority is naive.  a majority already left this game and Most did not post a goodbye.   Many players I played with held a strat run as mighty mission.  HTC has trieed many times to make the strat more enticing.  from your viewpoint the strats are nothing more than a nuisance side show, but htc made the strats a integral part of the game.  You are treading on dangerous waters with your comments. like listening to general lee justify the war, its just not going to work out well.  Having a vocal minority pat you on the back for your hate does not justify it.  you would be better served keeping your bias on the D.L.

:salute

walks away from mic quickly so the fighter jocks don't towel snap me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:07 AM »
Yes this is sarcasm. You should not be required to fly around until killed, and thus bombers should not be required to do that either.  I was pointing out the hypocrisy of fighter pilots.  :salute

Yes both can land or give up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
I love your response Bustr. Your nailing points right on the head.

Just to keep things in perspective you got to appreciate the commitment players put into eleminating supplies, radar, ords, ect to the degree that you are describing.

I get it I really do. Cant argue any of points and still loving your map. Just want to make sure that kind of gameplay you described gets its props. No easy task to ruin an entire countries game experience by strategically pwning them.  :cheers

It may have seemed like a single player could dictate all that but that was never the case majority of the time. Too many factors were still in place to counter that. It was not those players fault for having more of an impact when numbers dropped... Thats on the Devs. We just adapted and overcame adversity. Grinded for hours apon hours in most cases doing so in vain as all ones work would be countered or erased with the next shift of players.

Having had the chance to really study the map this is not the anti-strat map you describe. In fact its set up for a squad like yours to strike strats in a way that would make it easier to cripple an entire country. Just takes numbers, discipline, and getting the "job" done.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:35:41 PM by LocoMoto »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2017, 08:00:44 PM »
I like having to change it up depending on the map.

Gives us the advantage over the stale "same mission every time" pilots.

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2017, 08:10:15 PM »
Understanding that some folks ONLY want to fly fighters, why would they be upset about the Buffs getting out of YOUR skies?   

Isn't Bombing and Bailing exactly what they should want?

Sheesh!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline serun

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »
While I agree with most of your post--including not having a lot of respect for bomb 'n' bailers--this part is flat out untrue. I saw 2 different m3s resupping the strats when I went down to strafe, one of whom shot me down. When I PMed an acquaintance on that team and asked how many m3 drivers it took to get the strat back up as quickly as they did, he said 5.
Not sure why you feel compelled to fib in telling "the rest of the story," but if people read my original post and do the math they'll see that five was correct.
Anyway, I've said my piece, I'm done with this.

I take offense at being called a liar sir.  Perhaps we are talking about two different strats? I was Knight M3 when our AAA was at 28% and I can assure you I was the only one there resupplying it. No one ever came in to strafe and certainly I never fired at anyone or anything. Just ran sups till the strat was restored to 100%.