Author Topic: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why doesn't HiTech invest in marketing?
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2017, 12:37:32 AM »
Let the newbies/freebies airstart with reduced fuel and stall-limited planes.  Or something like that.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2017, 02:15:33 AM »
Let the newbies/freebies airstart with reduced fuel and stall-limited planes.  Or something like that.   

There are free arenas...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2017, 02:47:14 AM »
There are free arenas...

... which are empty almost all of the time.
Not particualrly inviting, if you ask me :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2017, 11:08:30 AM »
My life just has not slowed down enough to get back into the game. Shuffler is right, the link is the passion for the era and the real airplanes of war, before all of that computer nonsense got in the way. I would argue that AH is the most balanced MMO out there. Aside from the perk system, and even then that is a stretch, a ki43 can shoot down U4s.

As for tv advertising, hell, why bother. Facebook, twitter, YouTube, are the real mediums today. Discovery running the wings series was probably the last golden TV era for this games subject. Now, I would hit periscope films and any other host that ran any airplane related series on the net.

The toughest things for a new client to get past are the cost of a capable computer, and the time required to play. These days I mindlessly play WOT Blitz, which is making some horrible profit induced decisions. I play it because I run it on my phone and can have 15 games in the same time it takes loaded 29s to climb to 35k. That is a tough sell. So then, it becomes what do you do in the void. As I have said for years it is the community that will carry the day. I left the xxx because a dual personality guy could not stop being a racist tard. Having to listen to him on vent made me drop and run with another group of guys, who just enjoyed fighting, chatting, and hanging out. I am pleased to call those gentlemen of the GFC friends.

You let a guy go on a idiot rant...someone disconnects. Old players should mentor younger ones. Squad heads should keep their squads policed. If you make the community a good place to spend time,  you will keep the players. The community is the weakest link, not the game.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »
I agree with what you're saying about Facebook, Twitter and the like but that darn World of ... seems to be everywhere popping up in adds, it has to be having some impact

Think I'll go take a look and compare specs, the PC part requirement can't be that huge of a gap, if the specs are comparable then it comes down to, fun as in playability (looks fun to try), maps (cant stand round maps IMHO they don't match the other aspects of WW2 this game portrays) ,and advertising.

PS Preemptive strike, I don't have the time to build them maps if I played there or here at 63 my priority is retiring, right now I should be loading last months data for Mays reporting instead of typing here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:45:43 AM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »
I'm really thinking about re-subscribing here within the next couple months. How is the player count during peak hours?
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
Its still the heart pounding thrill a minute when your in the middle of a furball
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2017, 07:06:22 PM »
Its still the heart pounding thrill a minute when your in the middle of a furball
or those palm sweating seconds while troops are running when you drove 100 miles to take a defended base behind enemy lines next to a strat when resup wasn't OP like it is today.

The game has changed "A" lot.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:08:11 PM by LocoMoto »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »

Remember how full the MA was when there were all those squeakers around? Remember the fun? The missions? The drama?  :old:

Young players are the future. False elitism kills any game.

and I remember the senior members of the game cutting the squeakers down telling them to shut up squelching them,giving the squeakers a hard time when all they wanted to do was learn how to play the game.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »
Adult males don't go to a sports bar to drink and listen to their neighbor's kid prattle on about anything. The dominant culture in this game then and now is men late 30's to 60's. Most of them have had a crapola day getting crapolaed by someone all day, so in here they are going to crapola on anyone that irritates them to let of the steam from their crapola day. This is really an R rated game because of our crapola adults and their crapola day copeing mechanisms. You will have very little success changing that nature of grown men who work for a living. And tweens, teens and many millenial xBox hero's have no clue about that aspect of life yet.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2017, 08:10:04 PM »
Adult males don't go to a sports bar to drink and listen to their neighbor's kid prattle on about anything. The dominant culture in this game then and now is men late 30's to 60's. Most of them have had a crapola day getting crapolaed by someone all day, so in here they are going to crapola on anyone that irritates them to let of the steam from their crapola day. This is really an R rated game because of our crapola adults and their crapola day copeing mechanisms. You will have very little success changing that nature of grown men who work for a living. And tweens, teens and many millenial xBox hero's have no clue about that aspect of life yet.

So...old people cannot control themselves to be polite...

This makes me sad.  Sad.  Very sad.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »
Me and LilMak spent 20 minutes trying to help a guy with some radio issues and basic game play but he left before we could get him to tune right.  :(

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
Me and LilMak spent 20 minutes trying to help a guy with some radio issues and basic game play but he left before we could get him to tune right.  :(

Biggest problem with this game.   Setup is murder.   I flew for weeks not knowing about the ability to look up.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2017, 09:36:36 PM »

So...old people cannot control themselves to be polite...

This makes me sad.  Sad.  Very sad.

- oldman

The game started out in a period before millenials when most people attracted to this game were self starters and had much thicker skin. We are in a sadly different era where  millenials and kiddies need their hands held and have no patience for taking lumps to get good at anything. Then throw them in with men from an older generation who have no patience for wusses, it just doesn't work out for the wusses who have been raised with very thin snow flaky skin who want instant action. AH3 needs a kiddy pool for the thin skinned generation to get them up to MA speed. HTC needs the men to keep paying the bills because the wusses will take time to get up to even wanting to pay for a subscription speed. Millenials don't want to pay for anything and the last 8 years has been rife with FPS "Pay to Win" games.

Sanctimony is becoming..... :aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2017, 10:05:07 PM »

I saw this the other day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CH_8lDbuLE

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.