Author Topic: Windows 10 Creators Edition  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
Re: Windows 10 Creators Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »
Update:

At this time I haven't had my copy of Win 10 Home w\ Creators Edition actually doing a lot of updates......................

Since my last post on 6-14-17, Win 10 Home has updated itself only 3 times as follows:

KB890830 (Windows Malicious Software Update for July '17 on 7-11-17)
KB4025342 (Windows Cumulative Update Windows 10 Version 1703 x64 based Systems 7-11-17)
KB4025376 (Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 x64 based Systems 7-12-17)

OS has ran to this point just fine w\o issue.
I have gone thru my copy of Win 10 Home & have shut down\disabled just about all the telemetry stuff that can be shut down w\o going dark.

So far, so good.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 01:10:03 PM »
Update:

I've finally figured out the syntaxing to set up a shortcut for a running process so that Windows will set CPU priority\affinity automatically under Win 10 Creator's Edition & so have now 2 working shortcuts for both AHIII Dx9 & Dx11 that will set this automatically upon start up of the game.

Since I've got this handled now I have deleted Prio and in the process I found out that Prio was actually being a big resource hog and was taking up far too many CPU cycles to run. This freed up my AMD Ryzen 7 1800X CPU a LOT and it is really putting out excellent performance across the board using Win 10's Game Mode as well.

Going forward all this is being applied thru Win 10 natively........

:aok

The GPU frametime graph line recorded using MSI Afterburner shows this in spades as the GPU frametime graphs flatten out into a pretty straight line fluctuating between 9 to 12 ms running AHIII using 1920 x 1080 res @ 90 Hz w\ FreeSynch enabled.

All is now well in Pudgieland!

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:45 PM »
http://wccftech.com/microsoft-forced-windows-10-update/

Is this live or Memorex?

Time will tell................

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2017, 06:31:32 AM »
That is just referring to how they uploaded 6GB of data to Windows computers while they were trying to force people to go with Windows 10.  They got sued in Germany and lost so, basically, they are fulfilling the court requirements and promising not to do that again, which they never had any intention of doing anyway.

In other words, nothing really changed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 10:12:05 AM »
I was playing the game a few days back when I noted the game suddenly going into Windowed Mode while in the middle of a sortie (went from full screen to running within a window pane).....didn't bother the game any at all & all game functions were operationally sound.

I had noted this occurring a few months back but didn't put much thought into it as I hadn't witnessed this happening since, but seeing this again this triggered me to get out the game & check Windows to see what other app\program had signaled Windows to start while AHIII was running...............

And the culprit is.............Windows Update!

Got me to thinking bout why as I had set this up to run on startup to get all this out of the way to exclusively stop this from happening......

What Windows was attempting to do was download\run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool September update (KB890830) while AHIII was running so it moved the game from full screen mode to windowed mode to facilitate this activity.

I had also just got done swapping out some hardware which required removing\installing drivers so this may have prompted Win 10 to call for this update.

So far I haven't seen this reoccur since..............as before.

Interesting to say the least................

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 10:21:36 AM »
I was playing the game a few days back when I noted the game suddenly going into Windowed Mode while in the middle of a sortie (went from full screen to running within a window pane).....didn't bother the game any at all & all game functions were operationally sound.

I had noted this occurring a few months back but didn't put much thought into it as I hadn't witnessed this happening since, but seeing this again this triggered me to get out the game & check Windows to see what other app\program had signaled Windows to start while AHIII was running...............

And the culprit is.............Windows Update!

Got me to thinking bout why as I had set this up to run on startup to get all this out of the way to exclusively stop this from happening......

What Windows was attempting to do was download\run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool September update (KB890830) while AHIII was running so it moved the game from full screen mode to windowed mode to facilitate this activity.

I had also just got done swapping out some hardware which required removing\installing drivers so this may have prompted Win 10 to call for this update.

So far I haven't seen this reoccur since..............as before.

Interesting to say the least................

Yea, I had that windowed issue as well, it always happens when I alt-tab to another game/window. Alt-tabbing back seems to fix it.