Author Topic: Player numbers down?  (Read 22571 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Re: Player numbers down?
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »
:rofl

Don't laugh at him lusche, his point of view is more accurate then your statistics.

Its simple, people want intensity of action. This goes for all games.

The game isn't giving it: Problem.

Solution?

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
Was it? :)

yes it was.  :old: prior to complaints about finding a fight, there were complaints about full dar bars popping around the map.  Tidy generals were unpleased with a war they could not contain or grapple, they summoned the hi-tec to rectify the issue.  25 mile radars overlapped the land and scanned below tree level.  in a simple shift of a workday a entire sect of the population was flayed.  even the rowdy jocks chuckled at the bold move. (see hitler you tube movie clip.)  The shockwaves still resonate in a artificially low radar altitude.

:cry

:salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2017, 01:14:42 PM »
yes it was.  :old:

The first major hit to the classic AH NOE was the reduction of the radar altitudes, which happened in tour 125-126, June/July 2010.
The numbers had already been dropping significantly for a long time at that point.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
 :aok

wow seven years ago.

did we factor in the end of the dogfights series on discovery and the aces high tv ad's?  :headscratch:

:lol

:salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2017, 04:18:46 PM »
Well, the inaction that you guys persist is great and wonderful, is actually causing a decline in growth of #s. Where as my assertions of game play psychology and flight undertsanding of AH maps,  would actually make the overall game more enjoyable for more types of players, and could keep them in the game to subscribe and continue learning. Therefore I believe all of your guys arguements are flawed. 

Edited for adding "maps"

No. You just think your ideas will work. You don't know anything. You are just making assumptions based on how you and your friends have always played. You claim to have a great understanding of everyThing about this game yet when it comes to laying it out you do a horid job. To dictorial and aggressive.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2017, 08:55:36 PM »
There were plenty of intense furballs in the MA before.. there is no need for a special arena.  Cut the roadkill with resupply and watch what happens.

Offline flyndung

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2017, 11:50:34 PM »
just my .02 , on why numbers are low , there are people that play this game that rub others wrong real easy and no one wants to play and move on, problem is HTC won't do nothing about them cause that's their main source of income so they cater to them instead of the people that may want to play the game. so number in my humble opinion won't go up unless those people are removed.
thats my observation

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
No. You just think your ideas will work. You don't know anything. You are just making assumptions based on how you and your friends have always played. You claim to have a great understanding of everyThing about this game yet when it comes to laying it out you do a horid job. To dictorial and aggressive.

They will work. I have never seen these types of arenas fail. There's no doubt in my mind that people want a quick to play arena. It is much better for 2 weekers who dont want to fly 30 minutes sorties to find action.

Why are you so against trying it? It's not like it will hurt anything.

All that is failing is people's patients. That is something you guys haven't figured it out yet.

Again, you insist on keeping the game the same, while #s are teetering. If you aren't going to listen to the real pros of the game, and understand why it has slowed, you are going to fall prey to the same inaction slow #s we've seen for the past 4 years. It is time to make some changes.

There were plenty of intense furballs in the MA before.. there is no need for a special arena.  Cut the roadkill with resupply and watch what happens.

I also want this to change too because I think its a good point. That being said, the off #s do not create good fights around the map, because it is too big. Therefore, a smaller arena for guys who want action, would work at keeping them in the game and fighting. Id surely like to go to an arena like this. I think the DA lake is too big and boring, and so people just log off instead of looking for a fun area to fight with people.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:45:46 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
If you aren't going to listen to the real pros of the game, and understand why it has slowed, you are going to fall prey to the same inaction slow #s we've seen for the past 4 years.

This is where we have a disconnect.  You saying you're "the real pro of the game", does not make it so anymore than you beating the crap out of us daily about how your ideas will work just cause you said so.  Your relentless, pompous badgering has absolutely worn me out to the point I'm no longer willing to listen to anything you say.  I feel I am not alone.

Good day to you sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2017, 03:07:40 PM »
"..the real pros of the game..."

Hehe, that's rich.  :rofl

That boy needs help.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
If you aren't going to listen to the real pros of the game...

Ah, an indication of a thinking pattern largely based on confirmation bias. A dangerous path. 

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »
Fugitive, you can't point fingers at anyone for sinking a CV.  There was never a point in this game where players have "for the sake of the fight" allowed the ship to sail.

As stated earlier, the problem in our little World War II combat flight simulator, is the go-to vehicle has become the GV.  And this is coming from someone who GVs on the regular, check my stats.

In addition to the recommendations I made a couple posts ago I'd like to add one more.

Make GV's manual transmission like they were in 07.  Get rid of number 1 pan view, and only allow the tank to be steerable from the drivers seat and possibly the turret.

GV's absolutely have a place in Aces High but there needs to be some challengers for the sake of balance.

Edit:  Reduce the amount of troops an M3 can hold to 6.  Base capture via GV would now require 2 M3's or a single M3's and 2 jeeps.

We have allowed CVS to sail as long as they were not trying to capture.
Fighting a CV offshore is the best fights. Mostly low and quick. This can go on for hours if the CV is not trying to capture the base.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:29:51 PM by Skuzzy »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
Pro of the game. I am totally done with this cat. No where near a pro of this game LOL
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek