Author Topic: Player numbers down?  (Read 22446 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Player numbers down?
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:30:40 PM by Skuzzy »
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »
I also want this to change too because I think its a good point. That being said, the off #s do not create good fights around the map, because it is too big. Therefore, a smaller arena for guys who want action, would work at keeping them in the game and fighting. Id surely like to go to an arena like this. I think the DA lake is too big and boring, and so people just log off instead of looking for a fun area to fight with people.

Real simple oh pro of the game, build this map. Then have a personal conversation with Hitech on it's merits while he tests it for inclusion, and giving you a new special arena just because you are a pro, and know what will work, because you are an obvious pro, and know these things. Oh pro of the game....

At this point in your telling anyone who will listen about your superior ability in knowing the game, because you have personally nominated yourself a pro. You nuked your bridges and anything else that you might have used to persuade a terrain to be built to your specifications because you are such a superior kind of AH player and a trusted house hold brand in the game. Because you are such an obvious pro.....at something..... :rolleyes:

Ok everyone, who here doesn't believe Viloator isn't the pro he has nominated himslef to be over the rest of us poor shlubs when it comes to AH3?? Do any of you remember voting or even being approached for an opinion?? Anyone got a copy of the memo at least?? Did Oboe run one of his internet voting thingys without posting the right link again....??

Pro of the game.

Ok, anyone wanna pass the hat for a statue of Violator to be erected next to the map room on the terrain editor town object to commemorate his Pro whatever ism?? It's gonna take at least a truck load of Hitech's bribe to get him to agree to a statue of something or another, wonder what Waffle will want to create it......  :confused:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »
They will work. I have never seen these types of arenas fail. There's no doubt in my mind that people want a quick to play arena. It is much better for 2 weekers who dont want to fly 30 minutes sorties to find action.

Why are you so against trying it? It's not like it will hurt anything.

All that is failing is people's patients. That is something you guys haven't figured it out yet.

Again, you insist on keeping the game the same, while #s are teetering. If you aren't going to listen to the real pros of the game, and understand why it has slowed, you are going to fall prey to the same inaction slow #s we've seen for the past 4 years. It is time to make some changes.

I also want this to change too because I think its a good point. That being said, the off #s do not create good fights around the map, because it is too big. Therefore, a smaller arena for guys who want action, would work at keeping them in the game and fighting. Id surely like to go to an arena like this. I think the DA lake is too big and boring, and so people just log off instead of looking for a fun area to fight with people.

I dont think anyones is against your ideas per say, we all are just pretty sure they wont work out like you think they will.

Another thing, do you investigate anything you say BEFORE you say it? You said 10 minutes to get to the center of furball lake and its only 2. Also, did you know there are over 50 maps available when you set up a custom arena? How is anyone suppose to believe you know what your talking about when you cant get verifiable facts out strait. 

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »
This is where we have a disconnect.  You saying you're "the real pro of the game", does not make it so anymore than you beating the crap out of us daily about how your ideas will work just cause you said so.  Your relentless, pompous badgering has absolutely worn me out to the point I'm no longer willing to listen to anything you say.  I feel I am not alone.

Good day to you sir.

You are definitely not alone. This dude's been gumming up the boards with his ignorance for years.  :rolleyes:

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2017, 05:38:01 AM »
Most of the maps are ok, less than a sector to fly and kill each other.

Basetakers use GV's only after a 20k buff killed the town, no fighters anywhere to be seen from the attacking force, best defense seem to A20/Lancstuka them, and resupply with GV's, leaving little to be done in a fighter aicraft.

Get too close to your town and a gazillion of Wirbys disassemble you before you even see their icons.

C47's  are as rare as Heinkel 111s at 25k.

Changes I would like to implement : small airbases - GV spawns should not go to all airfields. This game-mechanics force some bases to be taken from air - or a looong ride in a GV.

When you shoot with a GV or 88mm/17pounder, smoke that can be clearly seen for 2-3 seconds from 3k, forcing real GV tactics - shoot and scoot.

Radar should not go down when you strafe with aircraft 20mm/mg -4 rocket hits or a bomb should do it, or a load of 30mm+.

The C47 shuld take 2-3X number of grunts of a little GV troop carrier, make it harder for GV'er to use one stealth-GV to take a whole base.

Only divebombers/jabo should be able to dive bomb, Bombers should use the bomb-sight (no F3 bombing).

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2017, 07:56:25 AM »
I have really tried to come back, but just can't stick to it due to other real world, expensive, and rewarding priorities. Overall, I just don't game much. I haven't put the money into updated hardware/software "gadgetry". I still maintain the subscription because I have always supported HiTech's premise behind the operation of his company and game, and, when the real life situation is right, I'll be back into it- most likely doing my old thing of massive 91st BG-style bombardment. ;)

EGG
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »

All that is failing is people's patients.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2017, 08:26:45 AM »

Changes I would like to implement : small airbases - GV spawns should not go to all airfields. This game-mechanics force some bases to be taken from air - or a looong ride in a GV.

When you shoot with a GV or 88mm/17pounder, smoke that can be clearly seen for 2-3 seconds from 3k, forcing real GV tactics - shoot and scoot.

Radar should not go down when you strafe with aircraft 20mm/mg -4 rocket hits or a bomb should do it, or a load of 30mm+.

The C47 shuld take 2-3X number of grunts of a little GV troop carrier, make it harder for GV'er to use one stealth-GV to take a whole base.

Only divebombers/jabo should be able to dive bomb, Bombers should use the bomb-sight (no F3 bombing).

Agree.   :aok

Also:

Harden ammo bunkers, forcing GV attackers to have air support to protect them from jabos and the jabos to have fighter support, etc., etc.  Suicide 190s killing ammo and radar are getting old.

M4 rocket tanks should generate a lot of smoke that can be seen from a long distance.

GV icon range should be the same for enemy and friendly -- just like aircraft.  If a wirb is invisible to me, it should be invisible to his team as well.

YMMV

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2017, 11:17:07 AM »
Agree.   :aok

Also:

Harden ammo bunkers, forcing GV attackers to have air support to protect them from jabos and the jabos to have fighter support, etc., etc.  Suicide 190s killing ammo and radar are getting old.

M4 rocket tanks should generate a lot of smoke that can be seen from a long distance.

GV icon range should be the same for enemy and friendly -- just like aircraft.  If a wirb is invisible to me, it should be invisible to his team as well.

YMMV

All of this.  GV definitely has a role in this game, it just needs some updating.

Only other point I would add is increase start hardness and we have a pretty decent game.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »
"..the real pros of the game..."

Hehe, that's rich.  :rofl

That boy needs help.

A Boast Too Far.

Yikes. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
Pro of the game :rofl
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline LocoMoto

• Copper Member
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
Still eating eachother alive I see :x

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »
Still eating eachother alive I see :x

You really haven't been paying attention over the years have you?  Might as well have said "Boards are still open I see."

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
You really haven't been paying attention over the years have you?  Might as well have said "Boards are still open I see."

Wiley.

I don't even bother with loco's posts anymore. How can you believe/give any weight to what he says when he won't even give us his in game name.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:28 PM »
Things are sometimes said out of frustration and anger. One cannot mentalize or maintain an overview in this state. Let's not gather the pitchforks and torches just yet.

He's right anyway. I am infact an idiot at least 9 times a day, and I have four degrees   :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234