Author Topic: Zooming?  (Read 651 times)

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
Zooming?
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
I seem to only be able to zoom out and see 25 miles of grid at a time. It then blanks out.

Am I doing it wrong? Is there a way to zoom out so I can see the map and draw larger landfills as well?

Help!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Zooming?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »
Use the S,W,A,D,Z keys
Use the mouse wheel to change the brush size
and Use the TE manual for everything else

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386033.msg5131623.html#msg5131623
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:07:21 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Zooming?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 05:47:25 PM »
Create maps constantly to show yourself your ongoing work in macro scale. You can also edit a map in an art program to draw in the base of a feature, then open that in the terrain editor and use it to guide painting that base in by hand. Then create a map so it shows what you painted in. Then pull your feature up out of the painted area with the raise hill or bulldozer tools. That will also take care of about 50% of your actual painting of that feature if you use the right tile for your 2D painting of the base area.

You can see these techniques in my ongoing posts documenting the terrain I'm currently building. Also check the one concerning making mountains to see an issue you will always be faced with because of the polygon mesh the 3D structure is formed by. Even if you use Artik's topographical import program and create a hieghtmap file for the terrain editor, the polygon mesh will still effect the structures. It is very hard to get away from having to visit every square mile of your terrain looking for polygon mesh issues. This is one of the first things you will run up against once you start shaping features with any elevation to them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.