Author Topic: Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Are you Dan Rather? Admit it, you're Dan Rather.

HiTech ... Pyro .... Warbirds .... yeah, I think I've heard of those. (heh)

Never confuse a game with a community.  ;)

We don't.  :D

Originally posted by hblair:
Guys, I hate to bust this news on ya, but Air Warrior was early nineties technology at a yard sale price (which it shoulda been) (some of us didn't sweat the eye-candy, sweetcheeks - Arlo). HT and pyro created warbirds long ago (which all of us knew long ago - Arlo), which was a much superior product (different product - Arlo). Most of the serious simmers went there (why didn't you say "all"? - Arlo), while the "air warriors kept paying their 50 cents a month for their gig. HT and Pyro have since created this game (truly a nice game, hopefully soon the community - or a community - will get in there and add some depth from it's end - Arlo), which is, of course, light years ahead of what just closed its doors over at gamestorm (Electronic Farts, actually - Arlo). Lets face it, the influx of all these airwarriors in last month or two is be(a)cause they saw the opp(ur)tunity to save what? 10 or 15 bucks a month? (Neh ... several didn't come over even then ... it's basically a player designed/run scenario thing - Arlo)And you guys are supposed to be serious simmers?(Not just serious simmers ... serious scenario freaks ;0)- Arlo) er ok. (Ok! Glad we got that settled, Dan - Arlo)

Warbirds S3's have been widely known (hehe "I knew it, so it's widely known and accepted as fact" - Arlo) as the best WWII scenarios going, what makes ya think *airwarrior* had so much going on? (Maybe because we were there and you weren't? ;0) - Arlo)

Get in line and shut your yap roto-rooter.   ;) (The line forms where? Oh, never mind .. we'll form our own =0)-Arlo)

(I'm no longer a CM, so these are all my opinions, noone elses)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2001, 12:53:00 PM »

yah, forced cosmo. Where were you two weeks ago? lemme guess, being the town 'tard at gamestorm?

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]

Maybe, maybe not.  I guess I know something you dont hehehe.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
Look Air warrior guys, I have nothing against any of ya. Airwarrior was the first real online flight simm, and was cutting edge for its time, great product in the beginning. I look forward to flying with all you air warriors in the arenas.

But please don't jump in here and act like you got it all going on and you're going to show us how it's done. We were all here before you. I left warbirds and started playing this game the very first night it was available to the public. Because it was a better game you ask?
No.
Because I knew it would become a better game if HTC would do what they did for warbirds in that short time. I didn't want to pay 30 bucks a month for it but that was the price. I looked at it as like an investment into their future. I later became a trainer and CM and the fee was waived. But there are many others who paid their 30 bucks a month because they had faith in where the game was going. All the while some people stayed over at Air Warrior simply because it was a cheaper product.

This game is still on that trip, and gets better every version. And you still have the old vets who have been here from the get-go. The CM team is doing their best. Events are being planned. They are open-minded. But if you think your going to jump on this ship and take over because yours was sunk, think again. Give suggestions in a respectful way and they will be listened to. Trying to speak to the CM crew condescendingly as they haul you out of your lifeboat is not recommended.

Offline Gypsy Baron

• Copper Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~pstrogen
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2001, 01:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker:
All say "Aye!"

<B> "AYE!" </B>
Gypsy Baron  AW CPID 4580
B-17G 447th Bomb Group, 709th Bomb Squadron, Serial#42-31225

Scheherazade - Lt.Phillip P. Zanoya, Pilot

M/Sgt Kenneth N. Johnson, Crew Chief
126 missions without a single mechanical abort[/b

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:

Maybe, maybe not.  I guess I know something you dont hehehe.

You're right, and lets keep it that way. Keep the info to yourself, and be satisfied that you own all that knowledge. Horde it and keep it all inside.

;)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »

This game is still on that trip, and gets better every version. And you still have the old vets who have been here from the get-go. The CM team is doing their best. Events are being planned. They are open-minded. But if you think your going to jump on this ship and take over because yours was sunk, think again. Give suggestions in a respectful way and they will be listened to. Trying to speak to the CM crew condescendingly as they haul you out of your lifeboat is not recommended.

No where did I say we were taking over.  Matter-o-fact I specificly alluded that it was not.  I even said "lets not make it us vs them" thing.  Dejaloveu was the first to draw blood, so I replied in kind.  AH is a great game.  I have been playing it offline since it went pay for play.  I am not going to sit here and explain why I payed or didnt.  My post was only saying that there are some great tools here.  Some people would like to put them to use.  I even alluded to those people needing help.  Nowhere in my first post did I say AW was better than AH.  Some people just like to read what they want to read.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »

You're right, and lets keep it that way. Keep the info to yourself, and be satisfied that you own all that knowledge. Horde it and keep it all inside.

;)

Yer getting better.  I think I like you.

:p

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
You know how it is when the guys are all standing around discussuing something, and some dude ya don't know yet pops in there and won't shadup? There is always gonna be some resentment there, same here.

Just slow down, stop the one line replies every five minutes, and lose the goofy humor, we're not used to it yet. We employ dry humor here, your brand is foreign.
 :)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
This situation is like in local pub with three tables. In each table there's a group of people chatting together and sometimes giving nice friendly upper-cuts to each other.
Later few guys in first table noticed that waitresses didn't bring 'em beer fast enough to keep 'em happy so they decided to sneak in to the group in third table because they saw they were (quite) happy there minding their own busines and drinking beer waitresses carried in their table.
Guys from first table sneaked in and blended in the group in third table and had a good time (Just guessing here).
Now there were still people in first table left hoping they could still get few pints of beer and maybe they could even see a new waitress. No joy, bar keeper came to their table and said "Sorry guys, we don't serve in this table anymore".
Few guys in first table thought "whatta heck, lets rush in in that third table too", jumped up and staggered to the third table and said: "Guys; your UBB sucks, your stories and way of talking is from deep and you don't know how to play".

People has been died because attitude like that  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
hblair: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Rotor walks into mine.

;)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
Well....

I started this silliness in Awdos some 10yrs ago...I'm fond of that sim and the friends I made back then. Hate to see it go.

You make some good points Rotor...delivery is not too refined, but I've lived long enough not to get excited about what you or anyone says on this board.

It would be great for our sim to have scenarios grow and attendance follow suit...options in life are a good thing.

Just don't kid yourself Rotor...we have didcated and talented scenario folks currently here. I'm sure they would welcome the help as long as it was sincere.

Oh yeah...one question...have you always posted in this manner or are you trying to make a first impression of some kind...just curious   :)

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
Just slow down, stop the one line replies every five minutes, and lose the goofy humor, we're not used to it yet. We employ dry humor here, your brand is foreign.
  :)
well said hblair.This in your face style just annoyed me.Firstly trying to be funny and creating no amusement for me personally and then he goes on to claim I/we have no sense of humour or we cannot understand it.
No no no, it just isnt funny mate.  :)

Originally posted by Staga:
This situation is like in local pub with three tables. In each table there's a group of people chatting together and sometimes giving nice friendly upper-cuts to each other.
Later few guys in first table noticed that waitresses didn't bring 'em beer fast enough to keep 'em happy so they decided to sneak in to the group in third table because they saw they were (quite) happy there minding their own busines and drinking beer waitresses carried in their table.
Guys from first table sneaked in and blended in the group in third table and had a good time (Just guessing here).
Now there were still people in first table left hoping they could still get few pints of beer and maybe they could even see a new waitress. No joy, bar keeper came to their table and said "Sorry guys, we don't serve in this table anymore".
Few guys in first table thought "whatta heck, lets rush in in that third table too", jumped up and staggered to the third table and said: "Guys; your UBB sucks, your stories and way of talking is from deep and you don't know how to play".

People has been died because attitude like that   :)

Staga by the time we've worked out what you are trying to convey they'll all be so rat arsed drunk it wont matter which BAR they are in let alone table hehehehe

only joking ol' timer,  ;)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
Did someone say free beer?
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Rotor, I am with you all the way! < S >

Aub

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
[QB]hblair: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Rotor walks into mine.

Ok, which of you guys taught Arlo how to put images in here?  Trust me, it is only the beginning once he is figured out how to post wav then we are doomed.