Author Topic: Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Historical Gameplay :rolleyes:
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
Bender: Hey look, the suns are setting, I can finally switch to hard liquor.

Originally posted by Rotorian:
Originally posted by Arlo:
[QB]hblair: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Rotor walks into mine.

Ok, which of you guys taught Arlo how to put images in here?  Trust me, it is only the beginning once he is figured out how to post wav then we are doomed.

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rude:
Well....

You make some good points Rotor...delivery is not too refined, but I've lived long enough not to get excited about what you or anyone says on this board.

The delivery was a joking matter.  I know, I know Bozo didnt give me any good lessons  :).

It would be great for our sim to have scenarios grow and attendance follow suit...options in life are a good thing.

You daman.  Finally someone who understands.  Can I quote on that some other time?

Just don't kid yourself Rotor...we have didcated and talented scenario folks currently here. I'm sure they would welcome the help as long as it was sincere.

I never said they werent talented or undedicated.  I am sure it will be the likes of Tilt needing the help.  I just hope they dont shut him out.

Oh yeah...one question...have you always posted in this manner or are you trying to make a first impression of some kind...just curious    :)

[ 10-27-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]

Sorta like merge, ya either do it right, or yer too early or too late  :).  I have checked these boards on and off for a couple of years.  Sometimes it seems they need some spice  :).  BTW, what was your DOS number?

:)

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2001, 03:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by hblair:
You know how it is when the guys are all standing around discussuing something, and some dude ya don't know yet pops in there and won't shadup? There is always gonna be some resentment there, same here.

I know.  :)

Just slow down, stop the one line replies every five minutes,

But, but, but how else am I going to catch up to you guys?

and lose the goofy humor, we're not used to it yet. We employ dry humor here, your brand is foreign.

If we cant laugh at ourselves then there is no reason to live  :).  Think of me as an enterprenuer....<html doohickie coming up>...

GOOFY HUMOUR FOR SALE!  :)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2001, 04:03:00 PM »
And you guys are supposed to be serious simmers? er ok.

Psssssst... hey, hblair...

I came from Air Warrior.   :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Rotorian

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2001, 04:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by hazed-:

Staga by the time we've worked out what you are trying to convey they'll all be so rat arsed drunk it wont matter which BAR they are in let alone table hehehehe

only joking ol' timer,   ;)

That was pretty funny.  I know htere is humor in here.  Ya'll jest need to give into the dark side.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying:

I came from Air Warrior.    :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

soooo THATS why you're a spit dweeb!

G,D,R

Ps - where the hell is the free beer?
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
I know most of this thread has been about Rotor's introductory style   :) but I think he started with a good point:

The awenas is nothing but practice for scenarios. HT and company have designed a supreme game with supporting features that are the top. It is nothing but a hamsterwheel if all you baboons care about is the MA.

Not quite how I would have put it, but the MA is gamey, because it is a game.  Scenarios are the place for the historical settings.  We have a Main Arena MA that is gamey, and a Combat Theator (CT) that is more historical.  Where does everyone play?

Most everyone here came from some other game like WB or AW.  Aces High has become a melting pot of people from these communities.  In my opinion HTC has got it right by creating to top notch game and place for the community to grow.  

I see many from AW here, that have contributed a lot of time to AW for nothing more than the love of the game and for the community.  They have contributed everything from graphics, plane skins, programs, events, scenerios, training and help.

I remeber the days when the new guy would come in the message boards and boast that he is "good at flight sim's" and is going to kick everyones 6, only to be humbled by the skill of the veterans.  I may suggest for the new guys to give it time and check things out for a bit.  AH is a quality game with a great community.  On the other hand, there is a lot of tallented dedicated people coming in the doors that can be an asset to our community.

Now everyone shake hands, and get out to the MA and kill each other      :D

Gunner
Cactus Air Force
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Aub

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2001, 06:48:00 PM »
Gunner
Cactus Air Force  

Ya know, I think Gunner made the most sense in this whole thread   :)

But then again, he did come from Air Warrior...   :D

Aub

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2001, 07:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rotorian:

They are going to try and use the tools, HT and company have created, to recreate the battles of WWII.

Sure they are m8.  Your arrogance is annoying so stfu please.

:D

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
Rotor makes a great post, and gets attacked... in part because of a game he never even mentioned...

Read that first post again, that same post can be applied to every MMonline "sim" released.  

+)

SKurj

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2001, 08:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by moose:

soooo THATS why you're a spit dweeb!

G,D,R

Yep, and proud of it!  Actually, since I began flying Aces High way back when, I've spent significant stick time in Spit IXs, F4U-1Cs, P-47D-30s, Typhoons, and Spit Vs.  It seems the Spit V is just my current kick.   :)

Ps - where the hell is the free beer?

Beer?  BEER?  Where?!?  <droooooool>

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2001, 08:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo:
hblair: Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Rotor walks into mine.

(Image removed from quote.)

what  ?

Speak english please, you make absolutely no sense to me. What does walking into your "gin joint" have to do with anything? and what's with the casablanca gif. Does it have anything to do with anything?

Thanks.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2001, 08:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying:

I came from Air Warrior.    :D

-- Todd/Leviathn

Yup, you and many others I respect came from Air Warrior. You came by choice long ago.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
Probably before your time (was before mine as well but I've always been retro). Trust me, they're related and they relate.

I can explain it to ya but I can't understand it for ya .... so let's just leave it at that.  ;)

what  ?

Speak english please, you make absolutely no sense to me. What does walking into your (my? -a) "gin joint" have to do with anything? and what's with the casablanca gif. Does it have anything to do with anything?

Thanks.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
Go ahead and explain it to me.

-And while your at it, explain who this brave looking WWII aviator is. He's one handsome fella...

Tell me it's a joke.

:eek: