Author Topic: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers  (Read 8383 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers
« on: May 12, 2017, 02:06:47 AM »
Hello, I would like to get into this game but there are a few points which prevent me from doing so, Dear Developers, help me help you make some money.

1) Payment options

Not everyone is using credit card online, there are other alternatives, which could be potentialy added? like:

Paysafecard  - www.paysafecard.com  (you purchase a coupon at your local retailer and pay with it online)

bmt micro - https://www.bmtmicro.com/  (a reseller that provides many alternate payment options [paysafecard also] )

2)  Add the game on Steam ?

Everyone using the internet and playing games probably knows steam by now,  Steam offers a lot of payment options and would bring a lot of new players, steam exposure is always huge.

See a new game in early access called Playerunknown Battlegrounds, it's sold over 2 million in first week after opening on steam.

You can see it here in top played games on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

3) The monthly subscription

Last but not least a lot of people in 2017 simply do not want to pay monthly subscription, a lot of online games today are free to play, i know this is a business for developers so maybe just make it  buy to play?

60$ one time fee and micro transactions for skins for example.

If those points would be addressed, i bet the player base would increase immensely because there is a crowd for this type of game, there are a lot of people like me who would like to play this but one of those points which i listed prevent them from playing.There is no other game like Aces High currently on the market available, Hitechcreations can draw in the big userbase, but it needs to do some changes, this is first and foremost an online game - so the more players the better for everyone  devs and players.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:22:58 AM by nugetx »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: A perspective from a new player on payment/player numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 03:10:54 AM »
Well the Steam option is a definite NO. Its been discussed more than a few times. I cant really remember why its a no, so cant elaborate on that issue. As too using coupons purchased at a retailer...I use a pre paid debit card for my fees. Should be pretty much the same thing? On the subscription, I would be more than happy to pay your first fee :aok Honestly! I am fairly confident that you would get hooked, and we need all the new players we can get :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 06:54:52 AM »
Great suggestions Nugetx! I mean, Dale and company are really new to this online gaming thing and they prolly never considered any other payment/ business development options.  :rofl  :bolt:

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 10:01:12 AM »
I think steam wants their grubby fingers in the cookie jar and would charge HTC and co to host or something like that... Steam is still a business too...

IIRC, if it was on steam, the cost would go up. I thought it was a good idea to be a lamprey on the big shark with steam too, but what do I know. I lawndart trying to kill cynide.  :banana:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
We do accept Paypal as an option as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »
Great suggestions Nugetx! I mean, Dale and company are really new to this online gaming thing and they prolly never considered any other payment/ business development options.  :rofl  :bolt:

Some things never change  :bhead the OP is looking for alternatives not sarcasm, i wish there was an emoticon of an ostrich with his head in the sand
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
His syntax style reminds me of several players who have been through the game already, and under their real ID presented similar arguments to get Hitech ultimately to change the subscription model to FTP for the MA. Paypal as an option can be found by calling HTC, or asking here in the forums. Hungry, FTP is always the ultimate goal of these boiler plate wishes when you break down the parenthetics of the presentation, as I suspect you are interested in also by defending the OP.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 11:03:51 AM »
Some things never change  :bhead the OP is looking for alternatives not sarcasm, i wish there was an emoticon of an ostrich with his head in the sand

You're pretty sure he's just a brand new guy with his first post and "looking for alternatives" like you said?  It's not possible that it is just a troll that has opened up another account just to pound that drum and make sure his opinion which he has most likely stated so many times that it no longer has an impact.  So you can tell that from his first post can ya?  The emoticon you are asking for with an ostrich's head in the sand would fit you well if that's the case, sir.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »
His syntax style reminds me of several players who have been through the game already, and under their real ID presented similar arguments to get Hitech ultimately to change the subscription model to FTP for the MA. Paypal as an option can be found by calling HTC, or asking here in the forums. Hungry, FTP is always the ultimate goal of these boiler plate wishes when you break down the parenthetics of the presentation, as I suspect you are interested in also by defending the OP.

I defend his right to suggest alternatives without getting jumped on, I've paid way more than I've played the payment method is of no concern to me personally.

Whether or not he's a troll, who knows, but what does that say in itself, the opinion cant be raised by a "normal" player without disdain so they have to sneak their way in?

Dear Hitech

Wishlist

Please speak for yourself, some players on these boards represent them selves as you which is doing you a disservice in some cases

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 11:14:34 AM »
You're pretty sure he's just a brand new guy with his first post and "looking for alternatives" like you said?  It's not possible that it is just a troll that has opened up another account just to pound that drum and make sure his opinion which he has most likely stated so many times that it no longer has an impact.  So you can tell that from his first post can ya?  The emoticon you are asking for with an ostrich's head in the sand would fit you well if that's the case, sir.

see the post above, don't kid yourself the ostrich would fit many here who come across as this being their game not Hitechs

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 11:21:17 AM »
see the post above, don't kid yourself the ostrich would fit many here who come across as this being their game not Hitechs

The payment options are... whatever.  But HTC's mentioned in the past they're not keen on Steam, and I believe the gist of his comment on F2P was something along the lines of, "If I created an F2P game, it would not look anything like this one."

I don't know what this game would look like if it went F2P.  Based on most F2P games I've played, it's not a clear cut case of "It would be way better."

Although I think HTC could save themselves a lot of storage in the Wishlist forum if they just had a sticky at the top with the title, "Things that aren't going to happen."  Like the nuke among other things.  At least then people could link it instead of either digging through old posts or telling the new guy to do so.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 11:25:17 AM »
Hungry,

I'm betting it's Violator and this is boiler plate from every other time he wants Hitech to make the MA FTP.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
Hungry,

I'm betting it's Violator and this is boiler plate from every other time he wants Hitech to make the MA FTP.

Could be I shouldn't have poked my nose into it, on the other hand if it was a new player....... that's why policy decisions should be answered by Hitech personnel only

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 11:53:46 AM »
Could be I shouldn't have poked my nose into it, on the other hand if it was a new player....... that's why policy decisions should be answered by Hitech personnel only

I, like you are just giving my opinion and I do not assume to speak for anyone, including HiTech.

Dear Hitech

Wishlist

Please speak for yourself, some players on these boards represent them selves as you which is doing you a disservice in some cases

I am speaking for myself.  Just because I do not agree with you does not make my opinion any less valuable than yours, sir.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 11:56:10 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »

This is what happens when someone posts this sort of thread on the boards. He could call the office or email without seeing any feedback from the current players of AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)