Author Topic: Fight's On! Arena - Non-stop Air Combat  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Fight's On! Arena - Non-stop Air Combat
« on: May 20, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »
I've seen a lot of posts from folks saying they can't find a fight or nobody wants to fight anymore.

Well, I'm one of those that comes here to shoot at aircraft from my aircraft. So after some chat with HT, he directed me to the CREATE ARENA button at the bottom left of the Online Arena choice page.

I've decided that for a while I am going to hang out in my own arena which I'll call FIGHT'S ON!  In this arena I will always be picking fighter v fighter missions that have been created for the various terrains available.

Please feel free to join in. The missions can have up to an 8 v 8 situation. It can be 16 players or any combo of players and AI with AI filling unassigned positions.

I can tell you that I have had fun just against the AI. They have....um.....advantages...n ot available to human players so they are not necessarily easy kills. As HT said, it's easy to make dumb AI, it's hard to make smart AI. So he gave them....advantages. I think they may have higher g tolerances than human pilots and they shoot pretty straight even from 600-800 out.

I've been in these missions with Rude and Vraciu and I can say we all had a good time. Lots of turnin' and burnin', lots of shots fired, kills, thrills, chills and upsets.

So if you see FIGHT'S ON! on the arena list, you'll know what it's about. As I said, come one, come all. An 8 V 8 with all human players would be a lot of fun I think.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fight's On! Arena - Non-stop Air Combat
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »
 :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:34:34 AM »
Nice to see ya back Toad!  Miss you at FW, loved how you always made Boroda have a stroke.  :salute
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:47 AM »
   Sounds good. See you all there...Av8.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 06:01:28 AM »
i will join up.  :aok

:salute

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 04:47:53 PM »
why not?? booby loves some missions, If I see it ill join in and see if I can get some squaddies to tag along
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:20 PM »
I've been trying different missions that folks have made in there. Some are pretty good with fast action. A couple I tried take the "patrolling" thing a bit too far. After all...the point is the fight, not the drive to the fight. Still, there are good match-ups.

Been playing an 8 v 8 with P38J v FW190A8 that plays VERY well.

So, I'm enjoying myself. I don't have the time to stay on hours and hours anymore but with these arenas one can get into pretty good fights in a short amount of time. Even with all the loading up and populating you can do 6-7 good furs in an hour.

I like it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »
I've been trying different missions that folks have made in there. Some are pretty good with fast action. A couple I tried take the "patrolling" thing a bit too far. After all...the point is the fight, not the drive to the fight. Still, there are good match-ups.

Been playing an 8 v 8 with P38J v FW190A8 that plays VERY well.

So, I'm enjoying myself. I don't have the time to stay on hours and hours anymore but with these arenas one can get into pretty good fights in a short amount of time. Even with all the loading up and populating you can do 6-7 good furs in an hour.

I like it.

We need to setup a PM list for when you are going in there.  My email will ping when I get a PM on AH3.   If I get that and I'm able to play I'll be over.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
I can shoot you a PM when I'm on. I'll probably do some yankin' and banking' tonight, probably after 8PM Central.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
I can shoot you a PM when I'm on. I'll probably do some yankin' and banking' tonight, probably after 8PM Central.

I gotta' watch the Spurs tonight then get up 0'Dark Early.   But Wed-Th I'll be around.   Shoot that PM any way.   I would hit up Lyme and Rudeboi as well.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:16:16 PM »
Rude/13th TAS is going to be there, so that's two of us!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
Not a bad night. Lost of fighting.

Fender49 and PapaLee checked in. Fender was having some trouble joining the fights consistently. PapaLee had no Vox so I'm not sure how he managed.

I've decided that 257 will be the Vox channel. It appears both sides can be on the common channel as Fender could hear us when we were US and he was German.

Will be there again tomorrow after 8 Central I think.

Thanks Fender and PapaLee.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »
Toad, anything 200 and above can be heard by anyone tuned no mater what country they are all on.

I'd like to know if Rude ever found the 38 specific training he was looking for. I helped him out a little one night in the TA, but I know very little about being successful in the 38. I don't know how much he reads the AH bbs, but there are several people that offered to work with him in the 38. Please pass this on if he doesn't know.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:37 AM »
Not a bad night. Lost of fighting.

Fender49 and PapaLee checked in. Fender was having some trouble joining the fights consistently. PapaLee had no Vox so I'm not sure how he managed.

I've decided that 257 will be the Vox channel. It appears both sides can be on the common channel as Fender could hear us when we were US and he was German.

Will be there again tomorrow after 8 Central I think.

Thanks Fender and PapaLee.

This is good news.   Those drones are a challenge. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »
Had five or six players in there last night at various times. Lots of fun.

Inspired me to try to create a mission. It actually works too! Many thanks to mustng2 for his excellent tutorial on how to do it. I made a few mis-steps but it is pretty easy.

So tonight I'm going to run my Marianas Turkey Shoot. 8 v 8, F6Fs v A6M5. It's overwater on the Mindanao terrain. I've tried it online once, works about how I expected. Co-alt merge with about 1/2 mile separation between the two flights of 4 on each side.

Probably around 7 or 730 Central. Until I get tired.  ;)