Author Topic: Make my wish come true....  (Read 868 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Make my wish come true....
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »
Baby, all I want for Chris mahhhhsss is youuuuuuuu.

Some of this i've said before, but I wanted to create one definitive "wishlist" with my suggestions.  Looking forward to hearing your comments.

1-  HQ

The old downtime of 180 minutes was WAY too long, and the current downtime of 5 minutes is just too short to make hitting the HQ worthwhile.  I'd like to see downtimes changed to 30 minutes, but make the attackers work for it.  Current hardness is around 37k.  Quadruple that and make hardness 150k.  I would also support adding a radar ring around the HQ.  30 minutes of no dar bar is a major advantage, and it should be awarded to the side that works hard for achieving it.

2-  Strats

Harden all of the strats to at least the value of the current city strat.  Right now the city hardness is approx 800 & the others are a hair above 300.  It's just too easy for a single bomber formation to absolutely crush the strats in one run.  Today I took B-17s' to AAA and in one sortie brought it below 50%.  The counter argument is that it's the defenders fault for not stopping the bombers, but the reality is few players go after strat runners.  I would also like to see the field objects associated with the strats hardened.  Radar and Ordinance can be taken out way to easily.  Make the attackers work for the significant advantage of knocking down these objects. 

I would also like to remove GV spawns to the strats.  If GV's want to spend 30 minutes driving to a strat from the nearest base then have at it, but keeping with the theme of making strats more worthwhile, i'd like to see the game encourage aircraft interaction with the strats and not M4 rocket tanks and M3's.

3-  Town

Lately it seems like the best base defense is M3 resupply of the town.  Avoiding an actual fight and racing to keep a town from WF by racing a vehicle from another spawn goes against the spirit of this game.  Defenders should be able to resupply town, but lets make it a little harder.  Right now any object within 2k of sups will be resupplied.  What that means is an M3 doesn't have to drive all the way to town to start the resupplying process.  I would like to see resupply only be credited when the box is dropped within the town boundary.

Also, IMO the current labeling of town auto guns is just goofy.  Gun 1 is gun E at a small airfield, F at a medium airfield and 1C at a large airfield.  Why not just label them town gun 1-8 across the board.  They are in the same position in each one of those towns.

4-  GV's

I would like to see in-flight GV icon identification range increased for enemies or decreased for friendlies.  Everyone across the board should be able to see GV's at the same range.  Like I said, i'm fine with increasing or decreasing, lets just make it equal to balance it out.

Camping GV's is just way too easy.  An airfield is one thing where there is a single VH, but at a vehicle base we have four hangars.  Why oh why do vehicles spawn exclusively out of the same hangar, even when it's a pile of burning ruble.  Make the vehicle spawns at v bases random between the hangars that are still standing.

5-  Ords labels on certain aircraft

On aircraft like the A-20 and Mossie where you can carry an equal amount of the same weight bombs internally as well as externally, it's confusing to know which set of bombs you have selected.  Maybe we can add an I (Internal) & E (external) next to the bomb display.  IE 500I, 500E.

Offline ability to see arena status

I'd like to be able to see arena status (Map, number of players logged in, percentage of fields owned) while offline.  There's times I might be doing something else and if I could see what was going on in the arena maybe I would log in.

Okay thats all for now.  Looking forward to feedback.

<S>
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:43:51 PM by cav58d »
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Make my wish come true....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:28:22 PM »
#1 is only good in conjunction with #2, otherwise it would be awful. Together they get a +1 from me.

#4 would be better with in increase in the icon range for enemy GV's. It would promote more aircraft attacks against them.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RedBeard

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 11:56:54 AM »
I like the idea of increased enemy vehicle icon range, particularly because I think we need to do more to promote interdiction style missions.  However, there may need to be a difference in range between air and ground assets and I wouldn't want to extend the range so much that buffs can bomb vehicles with impunity.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:27:02 PM »
I like the idea of increased enemy vehicle icon range, particularly because I think we need to do more to promote interdiction style missions.  However, there may need to be a difference in range between air and ground assets and I wouldn't want to extend the range so much that buffs can bomb vehicles with impunity.

100% agree.  An altitude cap of 2-3k where the vehicle icon range returns to the current setup would work for me.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:04:47 PM »
#3 I agree mostly. I don't want gv icon range back to the old way (could level bomb them from 15k), but gvs being invisible until you are within 400 from the air is a bit much. A wirble can be firing away while you fly at 3000 feet and you can only see the tracers but not the vehicle. I think about a 2k vis range would make things a bit more realistic and not put the gv'ers at a disadvantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 03:01:09 PM »
Hitech or Skuzzy, I would love to hear your thoughts?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »
3 has to be the biggest issue for me especially off hours.  keep base resupply but remove it from towns. 

if that isnt enough at least make it on concrete.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 04:34:26 PM »
Labeling would be nice if it was consistent.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
Baby, all I want for Chris mahhhhsss is youuuuuuuu.

Some of this i've said before, but I wanted to create one definitive "wishlist" with my suggestions.  Looking forward to hearing your comments.

1-  HQ

The old downtime of 180 minutes was WAY too long, and the current downtime of 5 minutes is just too short to make hitting the HQ worthwhile.  I'd like to see downtimes changed to 30 minutes, but make the attackers work for it.  Current hardness is around 37k.  Quadruple that and make hardness 150k.  I would also support adding a radar ring around the HQ.  30 minutes of no dar bar is a major advantage, and it should be awarded to the side that works hard for achieving it.

2-  Strats

Harden all of the strats to at least the value of the current city strat.  Right now the city hardness is approx 800 & the others are a hair above 300.  It's just too easy for a single bomber formation to absolutely crush the strats in one run.  Today I took B-17s' to AAA and in one sortie brought it below 50%.  The counter argument is that it's the defenders fault for not stopping the bombers, but the reality is few players go after strat runners.  I would also like to see the field objects associated with the strats hardened.  Radar and Ordinance can be taken out way to easily.  Make the attackers work for the significant advantage of knocking down these objects. 

I would also like to remove GV spawns to the strats.  If GV's want to spend 30 minutes driving to a strat from the nearest base then have at it, but keeping with the theme of making strats more worthwhile, i'd like to see the game encourage aircraft interaction with the strats and not M4 rocket tanks and M3's.

3-  Town

Lately it seems like the best base defense is M3 resupply of the town.  Avoiding an actual fight and racing to keep a town from WF by racing a vehicle from another spawn goes against the spirit of this game.  Defenders should be able to resupply town, but lets make it a little harder.  Right now any object within 2k of sups will be resupplied.  What that means is an M3 doesn't have to drive all the way to town to start the resupplying process.  I would like to see resupply only be credited when the box is dropped within the town boundary.

Also, IMO the current labeling of town auto guns is just goofy.  Gun 1 is gun E at a small airfield, F at a medium airfield and 1C at a large airfield.  Why not just label them town gun 1-8 across the board.  They are in the same position in each one of those towns.

4-  GV's

I would like to see in-flight GV icon identification range increased for enemies or decreased for friendlies.  Everyone across the board should be able to see GV's at the same range.  Like I said, i'm fine with increasing or decreasing, lets just make it equal to balance it out.

Camping GV's is just way too easy.  An airfield is one thing where there is a single VH, but at a vehicle base we have four hangars.  Why oh why do vehicles spawn exclusively out of the same hangar, even when it's a pile of burning ruble.  Make the vehicle spawns at v bases random between the hangars that are still standing.

5-  Ords labels on certain aircraft

On aircraft like the A-20 and Mossie where you can carry an equal amount of the same weight bombs internally as well as externally, it's confusing to know which set of bombs you have selected.  Maybe we can add an I (Internal) & E (external) next to the bomb display.  IE 500I, 500E.

6-  Offline ability to see arena status

I'd like to be able to see arena status (Map, number of players logged in, percentage of fields owned) while offline.  There's times I might be doing something else and if I could see what was going on in the arena maybe I would log in.

Okay thats all for now.  Looking forward to feedback.

<S>
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 06:01:19 PM »
#6 is a great idea, too.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 12:32:20 AM »
Tonight was a great example of my town requests.  Rather then defending, nits launched half a dozen M3's back to back to back and continued to resup town.  Literally no combat opposition, just resup.  That's just lame and goes against the spirit of what this game is about.

Please make M3 resup more difficult.  Encourage actual base defense.   :bhead
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 12:34:54 AM »
Tonight was a great example of my town requests.  Rather then defending, nits launched half a dozen M3's back to back to back and continued to resup town.  Literally no combat opposition, just resup.  That's just lame and goes against the spirit of what this game is about.

Please make M3 resup more difficult.  Encourage actual base defense.   :bhead

oh wow you mean to say Knights used Bish #1 favourite tactic against them?    :headscratch:   :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
oh wow you mean to say Knights used Bish #1 favourite tactic against them?    :headscratch:   :D

It doesn't matter who is doing it, it's another example of people avoiding combat and the furtherance of arcade gameplay.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »
oh i agree 100%  we pointed it out as soon as it was introduced  and abused.  nothing got changed.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »
Make em go all the way to town and resup only knocks off five minutes.  Won't happen tho.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II