Author Topic: Make my wish come true....  (Read 855 times)

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
Re: Make my wish come true....
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 12:59:16 PM »
Labeling would be nice if it was consistent.

Agree!   

Perhaps a generic GV symbol, but not with side designation (means you'd have to come up with a way to positively ID the friendlies from the bad guys). 

Believe it would add an extra bit of realism to the Bomb dropper's dilemma.   
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »
Last I checked HQ hardness was 15k

Chuikov

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »
Last I checked HQ hardness was 15k

37k last i checked.  Which doesn't really matter, because hitting HQ is worthless right now.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 04:19:36 PM »
37k last i checked.  Which doesn't really matter, because hitting HQ is worthless right now.

It's indeed 15K (15.63 to be exact).

And to be fair, HQ settings are difficult to get 'right' as the effect of a killed HQ is so massive. But when you already have problems because of low player density across the map, killing all dar for a side can be very detrimental for the game as a whole.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 04:23:44 PM »
Baby, all I want for Chris mahhhhsss is youuuuuuuu.

Some of this i've said before, but I wanted to create one definitive "wishlist" with my suggestions.  Looking forward to hearing your comments.

1-  HQ

The old downtime of 180 minutes was WAY too long . . .
2-  Strats

Harden all of the strats . . .

3-  Town

Lately it seems like the best base defense is M3 resupply of the town.  . . .

4-  GV's

I would like to see in-flight GV icon identification range increased for enemies or decreased for friendlies.  Everyone across the board should be able to see GV's at the same range.  . . .

5-  Ords labels on certain aircraft

. . . Maybe we can add an I (Internal) & E (external) next to the bomb display.  IE 500I, 500E.

Offline ability to see arena status

I'd like to be able to see arena status (Map, number of players logged in, percentage of fields owned) while offline.
<S>
These are interesting.

#1 Just remove HQ is my thought.  With 30,000 feet bailing bombers not much you can do about that.

#2 yes, by all means harden the strats and or remove red gv spawns.

#3  My squad and fellow Rooks capture a lot of bases.  M3 resupply is just not that big of deal.  It happens but not as big of problem as it seems.  It often adds to the excitement of a capture or failed capture.  The reds should use any asset they have to stop us.  I would against the reds

#4  In VR GV icons can be hard to see from the air.  They seem to be harder to see than in the past or it seems like they are anyway.  GV to GV leave it as is.  Equal red and green?  Not sure about that.

#5  A big +1

#6  Not sure this is a good idea.

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 11:54:55 PM »
#1 i say yes to but.. i do not care for the "all or nothing" effect.. i feel having it behave more like a strat is a better balance give it much higher hardness to destroy it but make it have gradual effects example (75%=front line radar lost 50% frontline resup lost 25% all radar 0% all resup to bases/radar) but bump up the hardness to say 350k

#2 to easy even if hardness was bumped up with no defenders there is little threat patience wins

#3 yes m3 resup is a pain especially as it makes people worry about avoiding a fight to save a base

#4 i think 1500 would be a fair range but "kill shooter" should be applied to friendly Aircraft(no dropping a 4k lb bomb on a friendly tank to kill enemy tank) this would also reduce lanc stukas.. and make things equally even for gv'ers

$5 yes for sure

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 09:50:07 PM »
     More correctly modeled  buffs would help ,   The altitudes many bomb at are  far from realistic.  If a Superfort in reality couldn't hit a target from 30,000, then why allow AH3 ones do It. and a real KI67 may have been able to flay at those alts, but certainly could not accurately bomb at that alt..  As for the B17s,  The only way they could attain an alt of 32.600 ft was if the weighed 50,000 pounds or less. and again  a B17 bombardier could only be certain of hitting the ground with bombs at that alt.