Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11205 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »
No offense, Wiley, but you can't read peoples' minds, so possibly you mean in your mind? "To you" that's the case. The TA has all the action in one area. The melee arena has most of the action centered in just a few sectors. The empty spaces in big maps only serve to make it seem less populated, sometimes. It's all very fluid and depends on many factors.

For anybody wishing to test the waters with 2-sided teams in custom arenas, look at the maps the AvA arena uses -- they often use custom maps with 1 side disabled or minimized for setup purposes, and it might save you the trouble of creating your own terrain map.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
But it still doesn't provide the same gameplay options a larger arena does.  In peoples' minds, it is not the same as having a big open arena available for unlimited players to come into.

Wiley.

And again, it is not about trying to establish another Melee arena.  It is about catering to other types of game play which players may want.

The problem arises when those players who do not really like the Melee arena game play try to make everyone else play their game, instead of them opening up their own arena to satisfy that different game play.

As long as you insist on looking at it purely from a numbers perspective then discord in the Melee arena will be the result.  Too many people want everyone to play the way they want to play and that is not conducive to a healthy game environment.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:24:01 PM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2017, 02:19:01 PM »
Sooo, you want us to convert the Melee to an arena which will force everyone to play the game the way you want to?  It certainly would be easier than creating your own arena and working to fill it.

Who was talking about empty arenas?  All it takes is two and by any measure, that it not an empty arena.

Player based arenas can be relied upon.  They are just as viable as any arena.

Never said that. 

And no they're not.  When the player logs the arena is gone.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »
You'll have an empty arena.

Skuzzy has the right idea, create a custom arena with the game play you desire.  When the H2H arenas were first available many years ago, they were quite populated and varied in game play but you weren't around here then.

Yes, I was.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: June 30, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »
What is the life span of a custom player created arena?  Someone creates a great arena and when they log what happens?  The Melee is far from perfect but it is always there.

For that matter, where are the scores kept for custom arenas?  What history is stord or can be stored?  Achievements? 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:24:16 PM by gflyer »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: June 30, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:23:49 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »
Never said that. 

And no they're not.  When the player logs the arena is gone.

It stays up for X amount of time, depending on an arena setting, after it is completely empty, unless someone joins it.  It does not go down as long as there is a player in it (any player).

Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »
What is the life span of a custom player created arena?  Someone creates a great arena and when they log what happens?  The Melee is far from perfect but it is always there.

And even there with numbers three times what a player created arena can support it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a good fight. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
It stays up for X amount of time, depending on an arena setting, after it is completely empty, unless someone joins it.  It does not go down as long as there is a player in it (any player).

Is that set by the player or is it a default on your side?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
The melee provides far more than a custom arena ever could, it's a great concept , but custom arenas  only scratches some of the things you get from a company sponsored arena .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »
And even there with numbers three times what a player created arena can support it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a good fight.

Which goes to show numbers are not always indicative of being able to find a good fight (it also depends on what the term "good fight" means to any given player).

I never have a hard time finding a good fight.  I do not wait for it to come to me.  If I see someone I want to fight, I ask them to meet me.  It is pretty easy to find a fight.

The melee provides far more than a custom arena ever could, it's a great concept , but custom arenas  only scratches some of the things you get from a company sponsored arena .

I am going to make this bold and big because I have said it a few times already and it does not appear to be sinking in.

And again, we are not talking about recreating the Melee arena!

If the Melee arena provides what you want, without you trying to force others to play your game, then you have found the arena you want to play in.  We are talking about those who want something different than the Melee arena!

Is that set by the player or is it a default on your side?

It the the disconnect timeout setting.  I am not sure if that setting is a God only (read HTC employee only) setting though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 02:31:29 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
And again, it is not about trying to establish another Melee arena.  It is about catering to other types of game play which players may want.

I really, really hate belaboring the point, but if the gameplay these players want is the same as the Melee, with whatever their pet settings are, that option is not available to them.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2017, 02:42:08 PM »
I really, really hate belaboring the point, but if the gameplay these players want is the same as the Melee, with whatever their pet settings are, that option is not available to them.

Wiley.

I have no idea why you are belaboring it either.  Your point is moot.  If you want to play in the Melee arena, then play there, as long as you are not trying to convert everyone to some other style/type of game play.

The custom arenas are not meant to replace any arena.  They are there (mostly) for players who want specific things not available in the other arenas.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »
I have no idea why you are belaboring it either.  Your point is moot.  If you want to play in the Melee arena, then play there, as long as you are not trying to convert everyone to some other style/type of game play.

The custom arenas are not meant to replace any arena.  They are there (mostly) for players who want specific things not available in the other arenas.

His point is we can't duplicate the Melee settings so it's back to apples and oranges. 

”KILLER V”
The Damned