Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11425 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »
easier way is to have the full game ftp with all planes unlocked.  then to make up for lost revenue then play an ad before each sorty, sell advertisement to Budweiser, cragganmore, cereal companies.  kind of like youtube does it.  and if you dont want to see ads then pay 15 bucks a month.

this way all players would be on an even field.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2017, 12:55:51 AM »
easier way is to have the full game ftp with all planes unlocked.  then to make up for lost revenue then play an ad before each sorty, sell advertisement to Budweiser, cragganmore, cereal companies.  kind of like youtube does it.  and if you dont want to see ads then pay 15 bucks a month.

this way all players would be on an even field.

semp

Well, personaly 3rd party ads in a game are probably the worst thing that could happen. 

btw going back to topic, It seems the current subscribers don't want any changes at all.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2017, 03:42:17 AM »
btw going back to topic, It seems the current subscribers don't want any changes at all.

You're wrong.  If you were to poll current subscribers, I'm sure that the majority would be in favor of changes to the game play if the changes were beneficial.  Just because the majority do not like your idea does not mean they don't want change.  We just think your idea is terrible for the game and we're not alone, HiTech also feels the same way.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2017, 03:58:38 AM »
I'm sure that the majority would be in favor of changes to the game play if the changes were beneficial.
So where are those ideas discussed ?  I don't see other threads that talk about beneficial game play changes. Either there are no ideas to enhance the gameplay or no one wants them.

The major argument against this proposition is that people could not fly the plane -they- want -instantly-.

And people talk about instant gratification young crowd...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:48:17 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2017, 04:05:31 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:23:00 AM by Skuzzy »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2017, 04:07:39 AM »
If you had limited time to play and it was a RPS AND you just wanted to fly some very specific plane, You'd be not flying most of the time.

And that is instant gratification my friend, the very thing which people claim to fight against here.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:31:56 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2017, 04:10:38 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:23:24 AM by Skuzzy »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2017, 04:15:20 AM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:23:47 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:59 AM »
I'm playing the game for fun.... just wanted to say how the game can be even more fun with a few simple tweaks of what already is here in the game.

Having to wait days just to fly the plane you want is not the definition of fun.

Yes, you would NOT be able to play your plane -instantly-, you would had to make it count, but isn't it worth to have a better gameplay experience over all ?

You're restricting player's choices, definitely not good for game play.  You're also promoting even more timid flying that already goes on, as people would avoid fights to preserve their plane.  Again, not the definition of fun game play.

Aren't there more pro's to this over 1 negative that you would not had your plane instantly?

Your idea has no pro's.

It seems it's blown way out of proportion..... there are OTHER planes to have fun with, not only one or two.

Yes, there are other planes to fly if the player so chooses to.  However, your idea does not give players a choice, you're limiting what they can fly.

There are over 50 planes in AH, so why would you want to use one only......

Because none of the other fights in the game give me the thrill than flying the P-38 does.

Honestly, what does it matter to you if someone chooses to fly only one plane?  It does not affect your game play in the slightest, all you're trying to do is pretty much tell people what to fly and when to do it.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:50:51 AM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2017, 05:24:43 AM »
Having to wait days just to fly the plane you want is not the definition of fun.

I'm sure HTC would find the perfect balance so it does not take too long, like every few sorties you could get a higher year plane or  just hold the points untill you have your ride.

You're restricting player's choices, definitely not good for game play.  You're also promoting even more timid flying that already goes on, as people would avoid fights to preserve their plane.  Again, not the definition of fun game play.

I answered already to this very argument on previous pages......

Your idea has no pro's.
Said about them previously also......

Yes, there are other planes to fly if the player so chooses to.  However, your idea does not give players a choice, you're limiting what they can fly.

Because this way everyone effectively flies all the planes, from early mid and late war, adding to the variety of gameplay.

Players can choose to fly different planes - but they don't and this is the reality of current gameplay.

Because none of the other fights in the game give me the thrill than flying the P-38 does.

Ok, make a special 'Ack Ack' P-38 that only he can use in the game  :angel:

Honestly, what does it matter to you if someone chooses to fly only one plane?  It does not affect your game play in the slightest,

It totaly affects the game play, because late war planes mainly are being used, and if there will be new players... everyone will instantly rush to get the most 'uber' plane..... instead of flying spit I , E4 , Hurr I etc.

There is this beautifull game made, with plenty of planes, and half the content or more is not being used at all, because everyone wants to fly the most 'uber' plane, to have a chance of competing.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:37:57 AM by nugetx »

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »
I'm sure HTC would find the perfect balance so it does not take too long, like every few sorties you could get a higher year plane or  just hold the points untill you have your ride.

I answered already to this very argument on previous pages......

Said about them previously also......

Because this way everyone effectively flies all the planes, from early mid and late war, adding to the variety of gameplay.

Players can choose to fly different planes - but they don't and this is the reality of current gameplay.

Ok, make a special 'Ack Ack' P-38 that only he can use in the game  :angel:

It totaly affects the game play, because late war planes mainly are being used, and if there will be new players... everyone will instantly rush to get the most 'uber' plane..... instead of flying spit I , E4 , Hurr I etc.

There is this beautifull game made, with plenty of planes, and half the content or more is not being used at all, because everyone wants to fly the most 'uber' plane, to have a chance of competing.

And forcing people to fly early war planes is going to make the game more fun? New players have a hard time getting their first kill in an uber plane. How long before they get one, and the perks for the better rides? Im guessing they will quit long before that happens. How is that "good for the game"?

Many other ideas have been bantered around on these boards and some have made it into the game. Some failed miserably like the line of base captures, others worked well like the arena reset from 2 LW arenas down to 1 when the numbers in Europe couldn't support the dual LW arenas.

Your idea would do what you said it would do as far as getting other to fly different planes, but it would chase away more players than it would make happy. That is the defining factor.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2017, 09:06:47 AM »
ok nugetx, your beating a dead horse, you propose changes that will hurt the game, that's not going to happen. if HiTech thinks some of your ideas are feasible he probably think about it. but from what I see, and from what I see here from veteran players esp ones that have been here from day 1, I will follow them to hell and back. game wise that is lol. why are you so intent on a RPS? -1000 again by the way. people have certain planes that they like to fly, I try to fly planes that match the planes that the enemy are flying or attacking in. if a 190-d9 is attacking a base i'll either take up a pony d or a 109-f4-or a c-205- if I'm already up then I will attack him in whatever I'm in wether its a sbd-a6m or il-2 or what ever I'm in. sure you have some players that complain when eny kicks in and say 14.95 and I can't fly the plane I want, well they have a couple of things they can do fly a different plane, switch to a side that has no eny side switch is only for 6 hours, or log off, and I have never heard of anybody logging off because they could not fly their fav ride. the bish almost always have eny but you don't see them switching-they as I do roll with the flow...
you not going to convince ups to vote or flow or go your way, so just STOP IT.

-1000 to all Nugetx's ideas
by the way what is your in game name, because I never see anybody with the tag Nugetx in game. do you even play here, if you don't then you have no business telling us what changes HiTech needs to do, and if you do-then you need to find better ideas, because the ones you are suggesting STINK.

right now we can fly any planes we want-it doesn't take long to build perks, to fly perk planes-I personally have enough perks to fly a 262 anytime I want-but I don't because I don't like the duce-I have enough perks to fly sets of B-29's but I don't because I don't like the B-29's--I like the B24j's better. it's diversity of planes and the freedom of choice is one of the things I love about Aces High.

Wait THATS IT: nugetx is trying to infringe on our freedoms--in WWII one guy tried that and look what that got him-he ended up committing suicide.

and no nugetx I'm not telling you to commit suicide lol-JUST QUIT TRYING TO CONVINCE US TO GO WITH YOUR FLOW/IDEAS.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:18:14 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »
So where are those ideas discussed ?  I don't see other threads that talk about beneficial game play changes. Either there are no ideas to enhance the gameplay or no one wants them.

Right here.  It's also where they're criticized.  It's not only "don't want" it's also "bad idea and here's why".

The major argument against this proposition is that people could not fly the plane -they- want -instantly-.

And people talk about instant gratification young crowd...

When people talk about instant gratification in here, they're not talking about what they fly, but how the gameplay works.  Instant gratification is the people who want to jump in a plane and be in combat within 1 minute.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »

So they don't want to fly different planes but instead of giving them incentive to, your idea is to force them to.

This would end very badly.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2017, 05:31:20 PM »
And forcing people to fly early war planes is going to make the game more fun?

yes, have you ever seen a game where you start at level 80 with everything unlocked (late war plane and all planes available) and not level 1 without anything (early war plane) ?

New players have a hard time getting their first kill in an uber plane.
Why worry so much about new players if there will be also aces from other flight sims that can whoop your 6 ?

How is that "good for the game"?

more planes used = more variety = unpredictable engagements = less boredom = players interest kept for longer

but it would chase away more players than it would make happy. That is the defining factor.
Maybe the current subscribers who are opposed to this idea, but this is why there are 30 players during euro time in the first place.

Instant gratification is the people who want to jump in a plane and be in combat within 1 minute.

So exactly like you jump into a plane in a base under attack?  :rolleyes:

So they don't want to fly different planes but instead of giving them incentive to, your idea is to force them to.

This would end very badly.

This is an incentive, incentive to get a better plane, it's not forcing...... are you saying that every game where you start from the opening and not from the end is forcing you to play through the whole game?  isn't this the whole point of playing a game?  To experience it as a whole and not play only 'the end' ?

In every game you start with a fresh start....... you never start at level 80,  starting with early war plane is equivalent to starting at level 1 as opposed to starting with a late war plane which can be considered 'end game'.

In other flight sims there is RPS which governs that, and you can't even use planes from different years.

There are good things in AH, but there are also things that in the long run make people go away or not try the product at all.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:39:04 PM by nugetx »