Author Topic: 'What if' All-in-one - the ultimate WW2 AH experience  (Read 12840 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
'What if' All-in-one - the ultimate WW2 AH experience
« on: June 09, 2017, 04:08:24 AM »
Here are ideas from other threads all-in-one, i'm not a good writer, so i'll keep this as short and informative as I can.
Not wanting to 'convince' anyone, just want to share of how AH can look like.

1)
The WW2 experience, rail, bridge, and road lines to be cut to prevent resupply, causing an impact to what forces a military can use.

AI controlled supply - trains and convoys.

AI controlled infantry that fights on front line - players would bomb and strafe infantry to move the front line, which would impact supplies. Infantry would also be in the middle of the front line always and would span the entire front, it would be a place of constant infantry fighting, players would see them visualy and would instantly 'know' they are at the front, because the troops would be the front themself.

By attacking and killing troops (and possible other soft targets?), a player would move the front line, using up enemy supplies. A front would move up to the nearest airfield,  and would stop at the airfield, then the airfield has to be taken in order for the front to move forward.

Have the possibility of capturing an airfield behind the front, then a gap in the front would open up, and a new front created with infantry attacking the airfield, and troops defending the airfield. Players would have to support the airfield with supplies from c 47 so the field is not taken over again.

2)

Forward operating base (FOB) by Sabre

I understand the desire to impact the game environment in real-time, to create a more fluid and dynamic MA. My idea, expressed some months back, was for the ability to create a temporary FOB, or forward operating base. The FOB would be deployed via multiple M3 and/or C47 runs, dropping supply boxes within a time-window until a certain number was reached, then a temporary base would "spring up" at that location, consisting of tent hangers and barracks, truck objects for fuel and ord, and a marston-mat runway. Defensive ack would be limited to some stationary MGs; no heavy defensive guns. It would be per-designated an airbase of V-base at the time you deploy the first supply box, and would last 20 minutes, unless resupplied at regular intervals. All the base objects would be destroy-able, of course.  Plane selection would be limited to fighters/light attack aircraft, and GVs to light and medium armor. Either no radar, or some how limit it (though this would require extensive code work in itself). The ground you place it on would have to meet certain requirements for flatness and grade.

The FOB would be a zone behind the front line, following front line in each direction for both sides, it would be a place where players can place their FoB's alternate to already placed airfields, so vehicles and planes can spawn closer to action, and generaly have more things to shoot at.

The FOB deployment zone

3)
RPS + perks, or perks on all planes -  well it's a must for WW2, game can work like this with rooks vs bishops and all planes available but then it would drift towards more the fantasy then realism, and this is about a WW2 experience.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 04:48:56 AM by nugetx »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: 'What if' All-in-one - the ultimate WW2 AH experience
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:42:00 AM »
You tried #3 already in another post. -1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 11:14:07 AM »
Nuget why not go play ww2ol. It does a lot of things you keep requesting- a lot of those things i didn't enjoy and therefore stopped playing it a long time ago.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
Why do you keep pressing for a RPS system when it's already been stated by the head honcho that there will be no RPS in the game?  It's time to realize that it's not going to happen and move on.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
Nuget,

In your own way you came through and put all your cards on the table in one place. Thank you. I suspect you already know what the answers will be. But, good on you.

Did you know some of your audience including myself went through 2 years starting in 2014 of being members of the AH3 alpha\beta testing for Hitech to bring AH3 live? Have you even participated at that level of commitment and depth to any online game yourself? Have you ever programed a product and brought it to market yourself? It's very easy to look at a product like this game and assume the owner\programmer can just rip it apart, move bits and pieces around, and suddenly have your rough sketched dream up and running. In 15 years the vast majority of wishes in this forum assume Hitech will do just that and make everything magically work.

Before the testing group was formed for the 2 year run to "Go Live Day1" for AH3, Hitech had been developing the foundation of AH3 for a year. AH3 is a completely different beast than AH2 as a program. The community had no clue Hitech was developing AH3 while we were playing AH2. Everything you have presented is pretty standard fare as a kludge from a number of other games on the Internet. Your dream game, even if Hitech was interested, wouldn't see the light of day for many years down the road long after you lost interest.

Hitech is the only programmer at HTC and he still has things for AH3 that have to be addressed. And on top of that, if he chooses to go through with Steam, he has to create an AH3 version to work with Steam. Then he is the only support programmer for any problems and bugs that show up. So I doubt he could afford to build your dream game by hiring a programing team when there is no business plan from you or a very experienced advisor from Hitech's Industry vouching for your dream game's potential success.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Butcherbird702

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 12:28:14 PM »
Love it, lets do it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
Love it, lets do it.

Feel free to start on it any day you wish.

HiTech

Offline Butcherbird702

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »
All i'm good for is photoshop. Plus  my credibility around here is zilch. He said it best when he said "hey, a guy can dream cant he?". HTC I wanna say thank you for all you have done so far I truly believe this is the best rendition of a ww2 flight simulator experience to date. I'm not new been around for quite awhile just young and having a hard time making money so I may dissapear until a stable enough situation gives me an opportunity to logon (will never ever get rid of my sticks). Remember slychick may she R.I.P. She absolutely adored the community. AH turns out to be a huge part of one's life don't ever think that what we've all helped to create here goes in vein or is forgotten. So thank you once again for what we currently have.

-Exhaust Aka: "David Pappas"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »
this is not a WWII flight sim, its a flight sim using WWI and WWII aircraft gv's and ships as I have been told in the past

but there are arena's where you can make what u want- but this sim is NOT going to go that way.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Butcherbird702

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
Well if I win the lotto u can be sure AH will get a huge contribution. I grew up... growing up on AH. Whatever way it goes or doesn't is fine with me. I think what we got already is perfect but like an artist says "it will never be complete there's something that always can be added to make it more interesting." I think all these topics are great I know this isn't feasible but it sure sounds cool as does all these ideas.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 01:17:57 PM »
The problem with building something that pleases everyone is that it ends up pleasing no one.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »
Thank you. I suspect you already know what the answers will be. But, good on you.

Just wanted to consolidate everything into one thread.... this is probably my last thread in the wishlist forum :p

I'll just leave this here 'as is'
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:25:43 PM by nugetx »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »
The problem with building something that pleases everyone is that it ends up pleasing no one.

:salute
Sik

Yup. And when it comes to dealing with the public you just can't win.
Pies not kicks.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 01:29:53 AM »
Remember slychick may she R.I.P. She absolutely adored the community.

Slychick died?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234