Author Topic: Well now buzzsaw is dead  (Read 2188 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Well now buzzsaw is dead
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 03:25:32 PM »
Buzzsaw is ruining the game. How many indicators do you need?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 03:28:01 PM »
My biggest fear is that the #s will be so low because of Buzzsaw that one day people will not even log in anymore because of low #s, and the arena will turn into the AvA, where it can't gain the momentum it needs to bring in #s.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 03:28:17 PM »
night time is too, 

it doesn't bother me but I know alot of players can't or refuse to deal with flying in the dark so just logout.   

Also M3 town resupply is killing any sort of battle from developing. 

Bustr's new map is also way to big for off hours, stick to small maps.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:29:52 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lefty2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
ya i know i can be an sob. it just frustrates me so much potential but it all seems to be slipping away. i don't understand why
i sincerely hope it all works out for the best of all concerned.

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 03:43:11 PM »
Buzzsaw at night is my fave!

-Mutha

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 03:49:56 PM »
ya i know i can be an sob.

Hmmm , I never noticed.

HiTech

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 04:12:46 PM »
night time is too, 

it doesn't bother me but I know alot of players can't or refuse to deal with flying in the dark so just logout.   

Also M3 town resupply is killing any sort of battle from developing. 

Bustr's new map is also way to big for off hours, stick to small maps.
M3s!!! I am the battle killer!! You hit my town I will resup.. You hit my strats I'll resup them I AM AN EFFECTIVE TOOL USED IN BATTLE!! FEAR ME! TRY TO STRAFE ME? I WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN WITH MY 50 CAL!!!  I AM "scott66"! "Battle killer extraordinaire" M3s,c47s hell if I have to I'll fed ex the sups to save bishtopia!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:37:47 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:08 PM »
Hmmm , I never noticed.

HiTech

See,now that made me chuckle...... :rofl

These forums have been hours of comic relief for me over the years.  Think of all the money it saved me by not needing to see a therapist........ :devil

Laughter is the best medicine!

:salute

PS: the maps dont matter much to me as I spend most my time in the TA,can we get clouds in there some time soon?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »
Both issues fixed and new terrain version was uploaded this morning.

HiTech

Very quick and efficient!!!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »
If bowlma is too big, who the heck keeps flipping it in under 3 days?? It doesn't stay around very long for a terrain I gave the late night air combat people bases close together in the center to find each other with no GV spawns to them. And the GV people their own little world in the center island. Seems most players these days don't want to find each other, so play in the rear half I setup for base takers to hide from each other while snagging bases.

Honestly most of the terrains work fine with 100+ people and one good fight in each country. Then late at night past prime time, the center island from NDisles would probably make a good terrain for 3-50 people. Question would be, how many of them would not want to be exposed to constant fighting with no where to hide from it and do their own thing? Late at night it's obvious from the solo DAR squares all over the place that most people do not want to fight each other without numbers to hide in. That was the real secret to a decade ago, you could hide in the huge fights and feel safe in the numbers. The guys who wanted to fight, really didn't notice because the numbers kept being refreshed all night long.

You are being slapped with the reality that the majority of people even in a "combat game", don't want to fight. There is no answer to it because it's how humans are wired, and why shaming them in the arena or in here won't work unless you are trying to drive them out of the game. And why offering them candy, carrots on a stick, or appealing to their vanity won't make them risk themselves. Numbers does a good job of hiding it because you have better odds of running into the few who do want to fight enough of the time to make it interesting while the others provide free kills thinking they are safe in the group.

If the majority of people in this game wanted to fight, morfiend's dance card would be full every night of the week with high risk tolerance "go getters" wanting to learn ACM. Do you think War Thunder would have the crowds of weenies it does if their arenas matched fights were forced to use the AH flight model, and joysticks\ rudder peddals with no F3 mode? With half the players for each matchup AH vets who have been around for 5-10 years?

The only saving grace with Steam is the probability enough new people will pass through that our numbers will be raised again and a percentage will be high risk tolerant. Makes me curious about when the go live will be for AH3 on Steam. For all I know Hitech has a closed beta going on as I write to help work the interface.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
If bowlma is too big, who the heck keeps flipping it in under 3 days?? It doesn't stay around very long for a terrain I gave the late night air combat people bases close together in the center to find each other with no GV spawns to them. And the GV people their own little world in the center island. Seems most players these days don't want to find each other, so play in the rear half I setup for base takers to hide from each other while snagging bases.

Honestly most of the terrains work fine with 100+ people and one good fight in each country. Then late at night past prime time, the center island from NDisles would probably make a good terrain for 3-50 people. Question would be, how many of them would not want to be exposed to constant fighting with no where to hide from it and do their own thing? Late at night it's obvious from the solo DAR squares all over the place that most people do not want to fight each other without numbers to hide in. That was the real secret to a decade ago, you could hide in the huge fights and feel safe in the numbers. The guys who wanted to fight, really didn't notice because the numbers kept being refreshed all night long.

You are being slapped with the reality that the majority of people even in a "combat game", don't want to fight. There is no answer to it because it's how humans are wired, and why shaming them in the arena or in here won't work unless you are trying to drive them out of the game. And why offering them candy, carrots on a stick, or appealing to their vanity won't make them risk themselves. Numbers does a good job of hiding it because you have better odds of running into the few who do want to fight enough of the time to make it interesting while the others provide free kills thinking they are safe in the group.

If the majority of people in this game wanted to fight, morfiend's dance card would be full every night of the week with high risk tolerance "go getters" wanting to learn ACM. Do you think War Thunder would have the crowds of weenies it does if their arenas matched fights were forced to use the AH flight model, and joysticks\ rudder peddals with no F3 mode? With half the players for each matchup AH vets who have been around for 5-10 years?

The only saving grace with Steam is the probability enough new people will pass through that our numbers will be raised again and a percentage will be high risk tolerant. Makes me curious about when the go live will be for AH3 on Steam. For all I know Hitech has a closed beta going on as I write to help work the interface.

I disagree, the majority of people do want to fight, its just that there is no point in rolling for 20 minutes for 1 con to shoot at, if you can find them. The maps need to push people into fights. That's the beauty of the maps. I agree with Bruv that the map is still too big. During off hours I had a very hard time finding enough action to roll. The reality is that you are trying to create large maps for a perceived large group of #s, when they are not there, and not bringing enough action for new players to find fights, which discourages players from the game. With a smaller map, people would be forced to fight, and could easily find action. The maps need to be made for the current #s and not for a perceived large group of #s. That would make the game more fun.

During the off hours between 2AM Est and 3PM est. The arena needs to switch to a very small map/ or group of maps if they win, that forces all the players into fights. Or at least an arena that can create big dars on each side for fights to be noticed. Smaller maps would gain a lot more players and bring the level of action up, allowing more people to enjoy the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 05:41:53 PM »
I understand WT has some very good flight modeling, beautiful graphics, full support for all the hardware you can think of, including VR, no icon full realism arenas for the hardcore.  Sad so many are choosing to go there to get their Combat flight simulator fix.  I won't go in to the myriad of reasons why they choose that over this.  Aces High is still scratching my itch for the moment but when more people are in warbles and manned guns than fighters - well you know.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
I understand WT has some very good flight modeling, beautiful graphics, full support for all the hardware you can think of, including VR, no icon full realism arenas for the hardcore.  Sad so many are choosing to go there to get their Combat flight simulator fix.  I won't go in to the myriad of reasons why they choose that over this.  Aces High is still scratching my itch for the moment but when more people are in warbles and manned guns than fighters - well you know.

Who is going there? I thought FRB or whatever it is called was like going to an IL2 server, that is to say empty most of the time. One thing I have never really understood is why AH's view system hasn't been copied by the other sims. It is really the only hatswitch view system that I can stand. WT is awful by comparison.
Pies not kicks.

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 07:17:50 PM »
I haven't spent any time flying there but did write a script for someone to get "snap views" similar to what we have here.  WT is very much Track IR, VR friendly.  Understand that the servers are quite full and action to be had.   Haven't partaken just seen the videos and discussions so second hand knowledge at best.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2017, 08:26:16 PM »
There are two fundamental problems adversely effecting gameplay in the main arena.  Resupply and the strats.

Resupply has become so easy that it is the preferred method of base defense.  It is too easy and it just takes away from combat.  What takes a buff an hour to accomplish can be reversed by a single M3 in fifteen minute period, or three M3's in a five minute period.  My solution?  M3 supplies MUST be dropped within the town boundary to get credit and sups should be cut in half and knock off five minutes of down time rather than 10.

The strats are also out of balance.  City hardness is 2.5 x's more than the rest of the strats.  At least I feel like I really have to work to knock the city down, but the others?  Get outa here...A single lanc formation can easily bring any of the other strats down to about 30% with two passes.  Make all strats at least as hard as the city, if not more.  During the war hundreds of airplanes were sent on raids to destroy a factory, a single formation should not be able to do as much damage as they do.

Address these issues and gameplay will improve, I guarantee it.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group