Author Topic: collision model  (Read 21765 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: collision model
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2017, 07:22:10 AM »
<snip>
The point was to down the planes. This is a tactic you use when you are out of ammo, not because you want "Killz"

This "tactic" should be treated as exploiting a bug. In most games, if you intentionally exploit a bug, you are either temporarily banned, or permanently banned.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2017, 07:25:57 AM »
You aren't exactly the first one to think of this, but it's not a tactic that will help you that much. This is just like any attack run and can be avoided in the same way, either by guns or by maneuvering. It's the same thing w HO.s. How many planes  do you think ive brought down by pulling up in the last second while he get a collision? But its the same thing there, the risk is apparent that you will be killed..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2017, 07:40:38 AM »
You aren't exactly the first one to think of this, but it's not a tactic that will help you that much. This is just like any attack run and can be avoided in the same way, either by guns or by maneuvering. It's the same thing w HO.s. How many planes  do you think ive brought down by pulling up in the last second while he get a collision? But its the same thing there, the risk is apparent that you will be killed..

:rolleyes:
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »
And you still havent told us how your first attempt worked out..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2017, 07:56:50 AM »
And you still havent told us how your first attempt worked out..

:rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »
Ordinarily I'd agree with you TC, but he does have a point.  He had around a half dozen people HT included saying he couldn't do it reliably on a resisting opponent.  He proved he could.  Not sure if it needs a solution, but he did prove it can be done, and is a possible issue.  AAIK's concern trolling notwithstanding.

Wiley.

I gotta agree 100% with the stupid coyote on this one.

I'm the one of those who said it was not possible and called BS.

Vinkman, I apologize sir, I stand corrected <S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »
I most surprised that none of you have figured this out earlier, i have known about it for like 2 years but as i have said, its just as easy to kill yourself in the process and is also very easy to counter.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2017, 10:44:43 AM »
I can not see the video.

HiTech

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
Trolling? I was exactly right. AND he pulled it off repetively.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2017, 10:48:08 AM »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »
Trolling? I was exactly right. AND he pulled it off repetively.

Yup.  It's possible, therefore Something Must Be Done!  :rolleyes:

I most surprised that none of you have figured this out earlier, i have known about it for like 2 years but as i have said, its just as easy to kill yourself in the process and is also very easy to counter.

I had it figured out the day I understood the collision model.  I had tried it a few times out of curiosity but had no success doing something very similar to what Vinkman did.  My conclusion was it was difficult to pull off consistently.

As with anything, it's not perfect, but my point is it's easier to do than I had thought.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2017, 11:29:21 AM »
It's not air combat. It's an internet game exploit. There is no easy fix that doesn't cause new problems. The current solution is still the best one. It's up to the players to make good choices.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
... There is no easy fix that doesn't cause new problems. The current solution is still the best one. It's up to the players to make good choices.

Let's wait for HiTech to give it some thought. I think he can help limit this, without throwing away current model.  He just needed to know it wasn't as hard as people thought.

or he may decide it doesn't happen that often and just let this thread die.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2017, 11:52:47 AM »
Who is John Galt?

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2017, 12:15:19 PM »
This thread was usefull as an example for exposing exploitable natures of the game. A community collaboration as well.

I don't think that HT's current detection system is essentially flawed, as it scales well with time (as ISPs/Net get faster/etc).