Author Topic: collision model  (Read 21830 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: collision model
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »
My line of reasoning is that if its possible; I don't need to have someone take down all 3 to make it something that is a problem, once is enough.

The idea is that it is a repeatible trick, making imaginary requirements to hide the reality is not reasonable.

What 'imaginary' requirements? He said he could take down a complete 3 plane bomber formation without firing a shot. He said it can be done as if routine. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that. Until I see someone do that then do it again with a different foe this wish isn't productive. Quite the opposite, actually.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #211 on: August 07, 2017, 04:34:32 PM »
My line of reasoning is that if its possible; I don't need to have someone take down all 3 to make it something that is a problem, once is enough.

The idea is that it is a repeatible trick, making imaginary requirements to hide the reality is not reasonable.

Once is luck, repeating it over and over again enough to drop all three buffs is a problem.

Good luck with that!

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: August 07, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
If someone is intentionally forcing a collision, then I hope HTC would take action on that person if they are reported, as it is exploiting a bug.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: August 07, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
If someone is intentionally forcing a collision, then I hope HTC would take action on that person if they are reported, as it is exploiting a bug.
I think that's what there doing to me exploiting me for sure

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: August 07, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »

Here is today's vid. I tried this twice because finding buffs was tough and fighting Flippz was more fun. 2nd go, I attacked a formation of B-26s  Knocked the first two down on the first two passes. Pilot got evasive after that and I just missed getting the third...until he ripped his wings off.

https://youtu.be/aRPbCzfuwvg 

Vinkman    :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »
Here is today's vid. I tried this twice because finding buffs was tough and fighting Flippz was more fun. 2nd go, I attacked a formation of B-26s  Knocked the first two down on the first two passes. Pilot got evasive after that and I just missed getting the third...until he ripped his wings off.

(Golf Clap)

Way to follow up on what you said you would do in the future and keep it off the message boards, and private messaging HTC (hitech or Skuzzy)

There is this thing called "game etiquette" - 2 types -

Good  Game Etiquette  and Bad Game Etiquette.... These same types of etiquette also apply to the AH Community Message Boards just as much as they do in the game....

Continuing to talk about and post links to and show videos of this crap falls in to the Bad Etiquette category....

People/players/ AH community members should always strive to set good examples and show good etiquette....

This post is not meant for vinkman alone, rather it is posted and directed at everyone on these message boards, including myself!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:01:49 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2017, 09:31:59 PM »
Ordinarily I'd agree with you TC, but he does have a point.  He had around a half dozen people HT included saying he couldn't do it reliably on a resisting opponent.  He proved he could.  Not sure if it needs a solution, but he did prove it can be done, and is a possible issue.  AAIK's concern trolling notwithstanding.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
(Golf Clap)

Way to follow up on what you said you would do in the future and keep it off the message boards, and private messaging HTC (hitech or Skuzzy)

There is this thing called "game etiquette" - 2 types -

Good  Game Etiquette  and Bad Game Etiquette.... These same types of etiquette also apply to the AH Community Message Boards just as much as they do in the game....

Continuing to talk about and post links to and show videos of this crap falls in to the Bad Etiquette category....

People/players/ AH community members should always strive to set good examples and show good etiquette....

This post is not meant for vinkman alone, rather it is posted and directed at everyone on these message boards, including myself!

Bad etiquette? I pointed out a game flaw that can be corrected. I was told there was no need to correct it because "it wasn't really possible to do it". So I proved it.

Now we can discuss if needs to be fixed based on the facts. Your welcome.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »
Ordinarily I'd agree with you TC, but he does have a point.  He had around a half dozen people HT included saying he couldn't do it reliably on a resisting opponent.  He proved he could.  Not sure if it needs a solution, but he did prove it can be done, and is a possible issue.  AAIK's concern trolling notwithstanding.

Wiley.

:salute Sir
Who is John Galt?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2017, 10:09:09 PM »
I wouldn't post an exploit. My concern is who will benefit from watching it and what they will do with the information.

I simply wanted to show that on my first pass I could bump the guy. If I do anymore experiments, I will send them to you directly per FLS suggestion.  :salute

Vinkman, this was the reason for my post in response to your 2nd experiment and posting of the video, Sir.

I RE read my post and edited it to point out that I was not personally singling you out and edited my post to direct it towards anyone and everyone who makes posts and replies on these message boards including myself...

and yes Sir, it falls in to the Bad Etiquette category when publicly posting videos and explaining how it can be done, to exploit the game

As far as welcoming me, heh, I knew of this 8 years before you registered your Vinkman user name on these message boards

TC

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:13:49 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:34 AM »
OK I see your point but at some points the exploits are known and have to be discussed so there can be change. Maybe you don't think we are at that point yet. I confess to not knowing. It seemed appropriate based on the way the OP was getting hammered for suggesting the current model might not be perfect.

But I will consider your point in future situations.  :salute

I don't see any reason why exploits should be discussed publicly.  I think the change you want would just introduce a different problem. The current solution is the best one. The fact that it's not perfect doesn't mean a change would be better.  :salute

Hitech says you missed so next time I'll watch the film before I worry about it.   :D

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2017, 01:40:58 AM »

Still not 3  :D (and i also want to know how the first try worked out)
And the buff driver was unusually nice with you, he should have made evasive maneuvers on the first pass since you attacked from a blind spot.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2017, 03:16:59 AM »
But obviously does all of you who wants a different collision model neither understand how it works or the consequences of your wish. Any other model means that i can at anytime ram my opponent and take him down with me and there is nothing he could do about it. We would see a lot of dogfights ends with one player raming the other.

Attacking bombers will also be more dangerous since your attack run might end in a collision even if you tries to avoid it, you not only have to miss the bombers on your screen but you also have to miss them on his screen..

Vinkman also showed another issue with his tactic, he did not get the kills..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2017, 06:39:24 AM »
Vinkman, this was the reason for my post in response to your 2nd experiment and posting of the video, Sir.

I RE read my post and edited it to point out that I was not personally singling you out and edited my post to direct it towards anyone and everyone who makes posts and replies on these message boards including myself...

and yes Sir, it falls in to the Bad Etiquette category when publicly posting videos and explaining how it can be done, to exploit the game

As far as welcoming me, heh, I knew of this 8 years before you registered your Vinkman user name on these message boards

TC

I don;t feel singled out, I just don't agree with you.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »
But obviously does all of you who wants a different collision model neither understand how it works or the consequences of your wish.

Yes we all know how it works.

Any other model means that i can at anytime ram my opponent and take him down with me and there is nothing he could do about it.

Completely untrue. There are many tweaks to this algorithm that could solve this, that would not change how it works in most cases.

Attacking bombers will also be more dangerous since your attack run might end in a collision even if you tries to avoid it, you not only have to miss the bombers on your screen but you also have to miss them on his screen..

Again this is made up nonsense because you don't know what change will be made.

Vinkman also showed another issue with his tactic, he did not get the kills..

The point was to down the planes. This is a tactic you use when you are out of ammo, not because you want "Killz"

Who is John Galt?