Author Topic: Film viewer after last patch  (Read 1945 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Film viewer after last patch
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »
Got around and finally looked at the fixes from that update. SO, what is the "At Shot" check box found? I dont see it! How would it work?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Film viewer after last patch
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:58:55 AM »
Press the "Setup Shots" button and a camera shot dialog opens up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:04:46 AM »
Got around and finally looked at the fixes from that update. SO, what is the "At Shot" check box found? I dont see it! How would it work?

The "at shot" setting is supposed to work like the "world pointing" setting where the fixed location viewpoint follows the selected player.

When I try to use it the viewpoint does not track, it just stays pointed in the original direction.

Edit: Just tried it again with a new film and it worked.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:23:25 AM by FLS »

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
I dont see a "AT SHOT" check box. Is it the same as "Fixed" box. It worked in AH2 to set angle and distance from your plane/others.(SO think I answered my own question lol) But like you, I cant get it to work. Planee just goes of to infinity and camera never moves :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
It's to the left of the play shot button.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:43:29 AM »
AH, found it! I have never gone into Set up shot tab.  Had me all messed up! Still had to look a bit but finally realized that was the only thing left to click/search on :old:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 10:12:21 AM »
After I use the shot tool it seems to keep controlling what I can do after I close it. If you have trouble with it try closing the film viewer and restarting it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:37 PM »
After I use the shot tool it seems to keep controlling what I can do after I close it. If you have trouble with it try closing the film viewer and restarting it.
Guess I should check these forums BEFORE I am half asleep or does Skuzzy slip in comments after the fact? I DO NOT RECALL SEEING HIS response :headscratch: Im an IDIOT :eek: How do you miss that? :noid Thanks though FLS appreciate it Sir!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 01:31:55 AM »
Guess I should check these forums BEFORE I am half asleep or does Skuzzy slip in comments after the fact? I DO NOT RECALL SEEING HIS response :headscratch: Im an IDIOT :eek: How do you miss that? :noid Thanks though FLS appreciate it Sir!

I can confirm that Skuzzy answered your question at the time shown in his post. I don't use the Film Viewer much so I've followed this thread in purpose to learn something. I found it kinda funny to see this go on and on after Skuzzy's answer... BTW, if I've done the time zone conversion right, it looks like you posted your question way past midnight which means Skuzzy answered it while making his morning coffee.

This is not the first time the right answer is in the second post, but the thread just keeps growing until after someone who hasn't read the entire thread gives the exactly same answer and gets thanked by the OP.

You're not an idiot, it's just the way the human brain works, supposing the answer is in the end instead of in the middle.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »
I never post until I am about half way through the first cup of coffee.  A lesson learned a long time ago.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
OK, sorry, my timing must have been five minutes too early.  :cheers:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
I can confirm that Skuzzy answered your question at the time shown in his post. I don't use the Film Viewer much so I've followed this thread in purpose to learn something. I found it kinda funny to see this go on and on after Skuzzy's answer... BTW, if I've done the time zone conversion right, it looks like you posted your question way past midnight which means Skuzzy answered it while making his morning coffee.

This is not the first time the right answer is in the second post, but the thread just keeps growing until after someone who hasn't read the entire thread gives the exactly same answer and gets thanked by the OP.

You're not an idiot, it's just the way the human brain works, supposing the answer is in the end instead of in the middle.
Must be! lol I guess I can quit assuming that I am not OLD YET. Maybe because I was looking for it? Blows my mind, how I missed it. ITS RIGHT THERE. Ah, that could explain why my Deer Hunting success rate has dropped? I have been looking for them! :uhoh Still feel like an idiot, Only now its an OLD one :old: