Author Topic: Before we goto steam...  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Before we goto steam...
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:59 PM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

If I forgot anyone, sorry and make yourself heard !

These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads

I most assuredly do not support any of your ideas that you've put forth in these forums.  In fact, I find your wishes to be detrimental to the game as you want to limit what people can fly. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »
And don't take ackacks idea of univeral perks as wanting a ...start off in early war planes...Game setup

I most assuredly do not support any of your ideas that you've put forth in these forums.  In fact, I find your wishes to be detrimental to the game as you want to limit what people can fly. 

Told you...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

Ehh, you can remove me from your list. New players in EW rides is a horrible idea. I only agreed to to the universal perks and the perks ords would be interesting as well. I have no idea how that put me on a list for supporting your version of a tiered structure.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Can you say the same about late war planes, not just around a single field but in general gameplay?

Imagine now, perk on 262 is dropped and everyone would be flying a 262...... wouldn't this be even more destabilising?  Isn't the game being more destabilised once we are constantly moving towards 'late war' planes from the early war planes?

The 'better' the plane the less 'fun' it is to fight vs it, imagine if everyone would be in a 262 or 163.

Here I will try to make the most fun ratio:

(Image removed from quote.)

This is too puerile, and only to support your assertions as a way of keeping your iron in the fire, cutting off reasoned response about the game, and shutting down analyzing how AH3 works. We used to use the term UFO up to about 10 years ago to describe uber rides in our game. At times your comments seem like two different people are taking turns creating the responses with one of them knowing quite a bit about AH, while the other repeats the broken record sales pitch's. It keeps people trying to talk to you like you know more than you do, can't get any straight answers, and suddenly the sales pitch robo-repeats breaking that cycle.

Well at least this isn't like the teams you can hire to run algorithms that make 10 accounts look like 100,000 different people to confuse companies with poor reviews on facebook and twitter.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »
If anything it would only be 1 or 2 sorties before they get to fly late war planes but again the 47M would be harder to gain because of its limited numbers it was deployed in.  :lol
Very Honorabu, Wings sharp like Katana
For I am the Le Sp00k m80s

Superbee3834 ~Air Raiders~

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
[cut]

Woah, nowhere did I say that I want new players to start in Early War rides. Putting a perk of 1 or 2 on a total of 4 planes does not force players into early war rides.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 06:50:52 PM »
Same here,I have never advocated any such nonsense. I merely stated that 51s and jugs are not the best ride for a noob. La7s Spit16 are a entirely different story.

Chuikov

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 07:12:48 PM »
 :blank:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
We have gone in several directions. Newbs and ride choices is a whole other topic which usually peters out and the real newbs have to get into the Melee arena and ask for help or suffer. So they pick the fastest most powerful ride they can, and if they survive for 18 months and don't quit. They have the confidence to fly earlier war rides with some favoring one for an idiosyncrasy about it. Most people fly the list of top late war rides, and those who lurk in these forums let Hitech know, if they are kept from their favorite ride, this game is not worth paying to play. You can see a species of this attitude when ENY kicks in too much.

I'm not sure how many of the current crop of subscribers would stay with the game if Hitech suddenly changed the game so they couldn't logon and roll with their favorite late war un-perked rides in the Melee arena. Pushing the whole population down to early and mid war rides, canceling for some 15 years of earned perks, and then forcing them to earn perks\money to gain access to their favorite un-perked ride that once cost them a monthly fee. That would be a cold slap in the face as customers who have paid monthly in good faith for this service.

Now if you wanted to eliminate over night a large portion of the baby boomers who make up the current core in the Melee arena. I couldn't think of a better way to shut down the Melee arena inside of a month. But, that is very short sighted as a scheme to upgrade AH3 to another level to attract a different gamer demographic. Enrage an existing customer demographic to make them bail as a hoard before there is anything in place that "might" open a deluge of new subscriptions before HTC has to declare one of the chapter# and turn off the servers for good.

Ideas are ideas and some are good, some bad, some really lousy. It's not until the idea's rubber meets the road do you start discovering unintended consequences and that most ideas start out one way and end up not looking much like what the salesman sold you. Very few idea men that I've ever met, want to discus the unintended consequences as many levels down hill that the stuff can potentially flow. Usually they change the subject and throw out a screen of misdirection's. They always lay that unintended consequence off on the engineers to create the teleportation device they assure management will save the company. If everyone will just get on board, slip their critical judgment factor, and agree with the idea man he can really see the future where they can't.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
1)  We will not implement a rolling plane set.
2)  We will not force new paying players to start with only early war planes, regardless of the mechanism (perks, points, rubber duckies....).

Yay!  And Double Yay!!   :aok :aok :salute :salute

So happy to see the voice of true reason.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
It was simply a thought im still thinking of limited plane numbers being perked *cough* 47m *cough*. Kinda overshooting down my idea and making me feel bad about it.  :frown: Besides you didn't consider even my second point of perking limited planes of course the 262 and 163.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:08:18 PM by Wyatt134 »
Very Honorabu, Wings sharp like Katana
For I am the Le Sp00k m80s

Superbee3834 ~Air Raiders~

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:37 PM »
Superbee,

welcome to the AH BB.

:D
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 09:10:51 PM »
Someone could make a list of planes that should have perks on them.

We already have a list of planes that should have perks on them:

ME-262
B-29
ME-163
AR-234
Tempest
F4U-1C
F4U-4
Mosquito Mark XVI

There are the planes that should have perks on them.  I know this list is correct because these are the planes that already have perks on them, and I know that Hitech knows what he is doing.  And you don't
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 09:55:29 PM »
It was simply a thought im still thinking of limited plane numbers being perked *cough* 47m *cough*. Kinda overshooting down my idea and making me feel bad about it.  :frown: Besides you didn't consider even my second point of perking limited planes of course the 262 and 163.

Why should the P-47M be perked, it does not negatively unbalance the game.  A lot of players seem confused as to why planes and vehicles are perked in this game.

The perk system is a way for HTC to introduce some interesting but otherwise unbalancing planes on a limited basis but the benefits go deeper than that. Perk planes (and vehicles) would be things like Me 262s, Ta 152s, Tempests, B-29s, Ar 234s, Tiger IIs, etc. These are interesting rides but would be very unbalancing if they were available on an unlimited basis. So there won't be unlimited availability but they'll be available as bonuses or perks.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 08:08:14 AM »
This is too puerile, and only to support your assertions as a way of keeping your iron in the fire, cutting off reasoned response about the game, and shutting down analyzing how AH3 works.

Dmonslayer has made the best post that probably has been ever made on this

It all comes down to that arguement by many of you guys. But not in this case.  some cases, yes, he wants to change the game in many ways, which I certainly don't want. But in this case, I think he is right about the overall idea of making more late war planes perked. I think some late war planes do unbalance the game play and make the game not as fun. For example, if you were in an arena with only jets, the fight would be a lot slower. There wouldn't be as many close quarter furballs and everything would be spread out in the sky. This is not as intense in most cases. With WW2 planes, the fights are close quarters and more actionable or intense. The WW1 arena is like a furball on steroids, which is exciting! So when you look at specific planes in the WW2 genre that were built closest to the end of the war, they will be very fast, and very agile, thus drawing out the fights and making them slower (ie, run away, dive away, fly at 25K, always go 360 or faster and scurry away at any lost advantage) this drives players nuts. They don't want to fly in these types of planes, but they have to escape the hoards of La7s, Yak3s and 190Ds who chase them down every time. It gets old. You see an arena filled with late war monster planes with people who are too affraid to get down and dirty, so they fly the fastest planes at the highest alt and pick all day.

With less of these planes, you will see more furballs, more people actually fighting, lower alt fights, faster furballs, and more balanced fights overall. If people like me always flew 190Ds and LA7s, it would unbalance the game. People like skyyr got 1/3 the kills of AH in the damn planes.. Maybe if the plane was perked, people wouldn't choose it as much, and therefore would make fights quicker by putting them in planes they can't simple run in.. and make the gameplay dull.

And if you have 12,000 perks, and fly a 190D or p51D, are you really going to B and complain and quit the game about having to spend 5 perks? Gimme a break.