Author Topic: Before we goto steam...  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Wyatt134

• Zinc Member
Before we goto steam...
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »

Before we goto steam shouldn't we perk certain planes/tanks? I mean stuff like the 47M since it was really really late war with 5 or so perks and other late war uber planes past
January of 1944 to at least 5-10 perks, i've been thinking about this for the past few days because we will have all of these new players coming in from games like warthunder and DCS like i did and it makes sense for the new players to fly early war planes until they get the perks, we don't need an instant overload of people flying planes like the P-51D and the P-47M and other late war planes. My dad tells me that most new pilots in the old days would hop into a 51D, we would see a swell of popular planes. If you don't agree with what i said consider perking things deployed in limited numbers such as the P-47M, it should be perked because of how late it was deployed in the war and the numbers it was deployed in.  :airplane:
Very Honorabu, Wings sharp like Katana
For I am the Le Sp00k m80s

Superbee3834 ~Air Raiders~

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: Before we goto steam...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »

Before we goto steam shouldn't we perk certain planes/tanks? I mean stuff like the 47M since it was really really late war with 5 or so perks and other late war uber planes past
January of 1944 to at least 5-10 perks, i've been thinking about this for the past few days because we will have all of these new players coming in from games like warthunder and DCS like i did and it makes sense for the new players to fly early war planes until they get the perks, we don't need an instant overload of people flying planes like the P-51D and the P-47M and other late war planes. My dad tells me that most new pilots in the old days would hop into a 51D, we would see a swell of popular planes. If you don't agree with what i said consider perking things deployed in limited numbers such as the P-47M, it should be perked because of how late it was deployed in the war and the numbers it was deployed in.  :airplane:

Before AH goes to steam, I guess I miser the memo. Also the 51 and 47m are fairly difficult planes to fly successfully, so if a bunch of noobs joined and started flying those planes, the baby seal clubbing will be epic.

Chuikov

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »

....it makes sense for the new players to fly early war planes until they get the perks,

:headscratch:

Why...?
Make it even harder for them?
The joy of aces high is do what you want in what you want where you want when you want..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »

The only time a plane or vehicle should be perked is if they cause an unbalance in the game play as it states on the AH help page.  Just because a ride if popular, doesn't mean it causes an unbalance and should be perked.  Also, forcing new players to fly only early war planes until they farm enough perks to fly a later war bird isn't good for business and most likely a lot of those new players won't stick around for long.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:07:28 AM »
forcing new players to fly only early war planes until they farm enough perks to fly a later war bird isn't good for business and most likely a lot of those new players won't stick around for long.

Or will they?

Look how many people on the forum are advocating for this.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 08:20:33 AM »
Or will they?

Because they are current players who want even easier kills than just having new players to club down...they want new players in planes that can't compete with late war planes?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »
Because they are current players who want even easier kills than just having new players to club down...they want new players in planes that can't compete with late war planes?

I'm not a current player.

New players in a turner like spit 1 or a6m2 will do better than they will do in a p51 or 190 d9 which are energy fighters, new players always turn hard and tight.

So having new players in early war plane is actualy helping them, because if a vet would get into a hard turn fight in a 190 d9 with a a6m2 he will loose to a new player.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 08:45:31 AM »
New players in a turner like spit 1 or a6m2 will do better than they will do in a p51 or 190 d9 which are energy fighters, new players always turn hard and tight.

So having new players in early war plane is actualy helping them, because if a vet would get into a hard turn fight in a 190 d9 with a a6m2 he will loose to a new player.

This is pure nonsense.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 08:51:37 AM »
This is pure nonsense.

Look how arcade players play games like war thunder or world of planes.... they make hard and tight turns, if those players come here in search of a more serious game, it will be instant death for them in a pony.

While in a plane that has lower stall speed like spit 1 or a6m2 it will be much easier for them.

The game needs to help them in making that choice, because if a new player comes to a totaly new game, and he has 'everything' right from the start, he often finds himself lost.

By starting with a pony, he probably cannot do a worser thing, as late war planes are mostly for experienced pilots, and that is running new people off.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:57:10 AM by nugetx »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
Until you play longer than 2 weeks you do not know what you are talking about...You do not know what the Melee arena is like...you've never flown in FSO or a scenario...you haven't done anything...

And you say look how many ppl on this board want to start in early war planes...what 4 ppl????

Stop trying to make changes to something you know nothing about.... :bhead
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

And you say look how many ppl on this board want to start in early war planes...what 4 ppl????

Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

If I forgot anyone, sorry and make yourself heard !

These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:42:35 AM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 09:35:34 AM »
Or will they?

LOL!!!! even if your list is true (which I doubt, I think your reading a bit more into their replies) you list 22 players. Thats what, .05 of the player base? Yup looks like EVERYBODY wants this.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 09:38:19 AM »
LOL!!!! even if your list is true (which I doubt, I think your reading a bit more into their replies) you list 22 players. Thats what, .05 of the player base? Yup looks like EVERYBODY wants this.

22 players active on forum out of 60 logged in?  That is 1/3  :D

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »
I can guarantee that some of those ppl you listed would not be playing now if your idea of forcing ppl into early war planes was implemented....

Here's the deal dude...You haven't played long enough to push this idea...At all

Until you actually play the game...You have no idea what ur talking about...None...none....none
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 09:44:57 AM »
And don't take ackacks idea of univeral perks as wanting a ...start off in early war planes...Game setup
CO   Anti-Horde