Author Topic: inverted flat spin in 110C  (Read 2614 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: inverted flat spin in 110C
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 03:43:25 PM »
Never got in a spin like that in the 110C before.  Even with throttle all the way back, no amount of elevator dropped the nose.  Will try turning the engines off if it happens again.  Thank you, sirs.  :cheers:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: inverted flat spin in 110C
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »
I had to shut down engines because I let the 110 get into a deep inverted spin,at least 3 complete rotations and there was near zero airspeed and the control surfaces would not stop the rotation!  IRL I doubt anyone would wait as long as I did but I was trying to get into an unrecoverable flat spin.

As soon as the prop stopped the rotations also stopped and that allowed me to get the nose down and as soon as I did I started the engines up and tried to get enough airspeed to start flying again.

In some A/C ingame I have dropped gear and shut down to regain flight,spit 1's seem to need the gear out to get the nose down.

I knew my post would cause some discussion,I actually answered Wiley's question via PM,I told him it was my opinion that shutting down would stop the torque that was causing the rotation,once the rotation stops,getting the nose down seems much easier.  I'm sure if I didnt let the 110 get so deep into the flat spin I could have pulled out by simply chopping power before the rotations start to build.

YMMV!

:salute

Good to know.  :salute