Author Topic: Windows 10 and AH  (Read 1955 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Windows 10 and AH
« on: July 29, 2017, 01:06:42 AM »
I want to post this on GD because I do not think everybody goes to tech support and want to see how many of you have issues.

If you have windows 10 you may notice how it forces you to update.  It's annoying when this happens but there is way around that.....it did not work for me for some reason.  Anyway, anytime I have to update my FR drops bad.....really, really bad to the point I can't play. However, WoT have no effects.  Skuzzy, maybe you can shed light as to why AH is effected when Windows 10 updates.

This has happen three time.  The third time I decided to uninstall AH and reinstall it.   Just to see if that will work.  So I go to programs and features under control panel to uninstall AH.   WTH!  AH not inthere?!?  But I still can get on AH but the program is not there. 

So, I am in deep thought over this and I believe that every time windows 10 updates it will remove AH program from there.  Skuzzy and others...please fill in why this happen?

Ok, I tried the other way to uninstall AH under window start......holy toejam, AH file is not there as well.  WTF is going on?  I am starting to think Windows 10 not trusting AH at all. 

I know this can not be on HT end for this issue.  No blaming HTC for it at all. 
So please, fill in what you think is going on?

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Windows 10 and AH
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 01:47:05 AM »
oakranger, you forgot to post the Answer that Cortana gave you, when you asked her where did all your AH3 icons and Links went, after you did the mandatory updates....don't worry, I've went ahead and included it for you,to save you the time,no worries!

The answer I got, when I asked Cortana where did my AH3 icons and shortcut links went, afterI installed the Windows 10 mandatory updates:

Cortana says" I Keep Making 'WinBlows 10' better and improved upon by the minute, hour, day! I will soon have it operating so perfect to the point to where after each new update, all you will have to do is ask me the following: Cortana, please backup all of my files and do a complete reformat and completely Fresh installation of my 'WinBlows 10' operating system and reinstall all of my Aces High 3 game files and settings......upon completion of the Newly Fresh Installation of Operating System and Aces High 3 Game and settings, please answer the NEW "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?" POLL

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 06:08:51 AM »
If you are running with the default Windows 10 update settings, then it will download (while you are playing) and install (while you are playing), and even reboot (while you are playing).

Of course, that is going to effect anything running in the foreground.

You need to make adjustments to the Windows 10 update service.  Read this: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-windows-update-settings-2625778

Now, if you are losing the ICONS or Start menu entries, that is generally caused by anti-xxxx, or malware.  That would be my best guess.  We do know both Kaspersky and Avast attack the game.  If you are running either of them, all bets are off.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
Oakranger I have no problems using Win10 and AH3.

I set the "quiet hours" so it updates when it won't interfere with my PC use.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:50:09 AM »
Oakranger I have no problems using Win10 and AH3.

I set the "quiet hours" so it updates when it won't interfere with my PC use.

What do you mean?  You have the update to your system when you are not using it?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
Oops Quiet Hours is for notifications. Still good to have them off.

Update schedule settings are in Settings under Change Active Hours. Open Notifications and go to All Settings. There you can stop updates during your play time under Updates and Security.

BTW you can also set updates to be deferred for up to 30 days for quality/security updates and 365 days for feature updates, if you want to give Microsoft a chance to bug fix the updates before you get them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:16:10 PM by FLS »

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 03:26:36 PM »
BTW you can also set updates to be deferred for up to 30 days for quality/security updates and 365 days for feature updates, if you want to give Microsoft a chance to bug fix the updates before you get them.

Since when has that been an option for the Home versions? I thought it's for the business versions only. "Tested by home users..."
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »
Since when has that been an option for the Home versions? I thought it's for the business versions only. "Tested by home users..."

Good point. He didn't say he has the Home version.  If he lacks those options he can use the method Skuzzy posted.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »
It's home.  Like the say they force it on you, but there is a way to turn it off.  I think I did not do it correctly.

Also, I am still confused why AH would has such bad interference from it but WoT dose not?
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 08:16:01 PM »
I run AH3 with Win 10 with no apparent issues.  On occasion I get really bad latency, but tend to write that off to living in the mountains with my iffy boosted wireless signal.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 06:09:40 AM »
You are comparing a wide open world (Aces High III) with a substantial visible range (17 miles), over a close combat (less than 1 mile draw range), small arena game.  Think resources.  It is apples and oranges.

A flight sim cannot be compared to a ground based game, unless you would be happy to be able to only see the ground from below 5200 feet (the draw distance in WoT).

We have no limits on the number of planes you can see in the air either.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com