Author Topic: P47-M  (Read 13739 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: P47-M
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
AAIK why do you always bring other games into the conversation, there is no other game out there as good as ACES HIGH/ACES HIGHIII.
the only reason people play certain games is because they like that type of game, si fy, rpg, space, military, etc. a game can be a great game for some players not so much for others. and quit trying to HiJack my post.

the people have spoken, they don't want the P47-M perked or eny'ed so be it.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2017, 03:12:09 AM »
Here is a list of planes that should have perks:

FW 190 D9
P51D
P47M
F4U1A
Yak3
F4U1C
Spit 16
109 K4
LA7
F4u4
KI84
N1k2

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2017, 11:19:20 AM »

FW 190 D9 -1
P51D -1
P47M -1
F4U1A -1
Yak3 -1
F4U1C -1
Spit 16 -1
109 K4 -1
LA7 -1
F4u4
KI84 -1
N1k2 -1

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
to be fair I think we could use a few more lower-perk planes, just 1 or 2 perks. I think the C-hog is one of those. I think the Yak-3 is begging for that as well. MAYBE the P-47M might warrant a 1-perk cost, but you'd have a hard time proving why. There just isn't a sound case so far. The rest don't deserve a perk, to be honest.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2017, 11:34:30 AM »

FW 190 D9
P51D
P47M
F4U1A
Yak3
F4U1C
Spit 16
109 K4
LA7
F4u4
KI84
N1k2

I'm sorry nugetx, but I think you need more experience in the game before you start wishing for things like this. For example, with experience in the game, you would know that the F4U-4 and the F4U-1C are already perked.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »

F4U1A

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

No kidding. The F4U-1A may be the best dogfighter of the 1-Hogs, but it's by no means the all-around performer the -4 is (acceleration and climb have only improved from abysmal to somewhere center of the pack).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

F4U1A
KI84
N1k2

:rofl

I just don't see any plane particularly dominating the arena at the moment.  The later stuff gets used but very little of it affects the arena that badly other than when people run.  By that logic anything faster than X should be perked.  Then once that's done, the next fastest thing will need to be perked because people will be running in it, until we wind up with everything being perked but the Storch.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »

I just don't see any plane particularly dominating the arena at the moment.  The later stuff gets used but very little of it affects the arena that badly other than when people run.  By that logic anything faster than X should be perked.  Then once that's done, the next fastest thing will need to be perked because people will be running in it, until we wind up with everything being perked but the Storch.

Wiley.

Yeah but the Storch can drop smoke and icons of GV's show up sooner for it. Clearly it has an unfair advantage.

Perk the Storch!  :devil
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »
I been paying perks to Pipz to fly the storch. You mean its not perked?  :furious :furious :furious

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2017, 12:32:33 AM »
I always fly my Jug Mary.... and i get blasted out of the sky without a problem.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:04 AM »
Unperk em all.  Who cares.  If folks are that insecure they need to only fly the best bird out there, so be it.  None of this is real :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2017, 01:18:12 AM »

Wiley.
That is a common fallacy.
It assumes that perked planes are not flown. If you perk a plane for 1 perk point it will still get flown a lot. Quite a few player will even be able to sustain its perk drain by perks obtained while flying it (ENY comes into play here).

If you perk the 109k for 1 point, the 109G14 will probably be the most common model (given the small loss of performance and 20mm gun that some prefer), but 109K will still be abundant and my bet is it will be the 2nd most common 109 and not by a huge margin. Same goes for the La7 and La5.

Some models that dont have many variants are more problematic, like the ki84. On the other hand, the ki84 is not that common and not that great anyway.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2017, 09:05:26 AM »
Still think the 190D has the biggest impact on the game as far as non perked planes. The BnZ style means that people don't get down and dirty as often and thus causes stale game play when they simply hit X and accel away. The La7 and yak3 more than likely will turn. The P51D is a bit harder to stay alive in because the 50s get you picked and the accel isn't that great. The 190D is better on the deck than the P47M and with alt,  the 190D could run from the P47M giving it the advantage, and the advantage in accel off the merge. The 190D can also dive as good or better than the P47M. The 190D has 500 cannons. These are all reasons why try 190D achieves the same K/D as the P47M, but with close to 1000 more kills. Isn't that a metric that should be considered?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:08:35 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »
Still think the 190D has the biggest impact on the game as far as non perked planes. The BnZ style means that people don't get down and dirty as often and thus causes stale game play when they simply hit X and accel away. The La7 and yak3 more than likely will turn. The P51D is a bit harder to stay alive in because the 50s get you picked and the accel isn't that great. The 190D is better on the deck than the P47M and with alt,  the 190D could run from the P47M giving it the advantage, and the advantage in accel off the merge. The 190D can also dive as good or better than the P47M. The 190D has 500 cannons. These are all reasons why try 190D achieves the same K/D as the P47M, but with close to 1000 more kills. Isn't that a metric that should be considered?

Yes absolutely, I agree 100%!  But only as if the game is to be redesigned to fit what your idea of good game play is.

And this is only if we ignore what Wiley said:

Wiley.

I'm not sure if you are passionate or myopic Violator, maybe a bit of both?  Once again, sir, I think most of us get it, you want the majority of players furballing, no matter what they want to do.  You think it's better for the game, even if others just don't want to play that way.  Please, your opinion has been heard, "ad infinitum", just give it a rest.  Thank you <S>.
Wag more, bark less.