Author Topic: P47-M  (Read 13742 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: P47-M
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »
I completely agree.

-1  This does not add to the game, it takes away.

Have to disagree with you there.  People that fly perk planes are much more timid than usual, because of the fear of losing perks.  Timidity takes a lot away from the game.  The game sucks when everyone is more worried about avoiding death than causing it.  Removing another reason for timidity would be most certainly adding to the game.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »
Have to disagree with you there.  People that fly perk planes are much more timid than usual, because of the fear of losing perks.  Timidity takes a lot away from the game.  The game sucks when everyone is more worried about avoiding death than causing it.  Removing another reason for timidity would be most certainly adding to the game.

I really think you guys are missing the point that regardless of perks, rewards, name in lights, score, or whatever other thing you want to bring up, a lot of people simply don't want to die.  I'll grant the point that some fly a lot more carefully when they're using a perk plane, but not all.

If it was a matter of "buying" a perk plane as is suggested here, it might be ok but IMO in that case the prices should be adjusted downward.  I'm thinking about half what they are now.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
If the majority want to furball why aren't they?   :headscratch:

Because they left.

32 people in MA as I speak. I wonder why its not more popular?

[/quote]

They might be more timid, but there will be less of them. the 190D gets 5X the kills of the Temp. Which do you think causes a bigger imbalance at this time?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 01:28:36 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
I think it would be far more reasonable to request an ENY adjust to the Dora than adding a perk based on it's more recent k/d and usage numbers.  It's not perk worthy, but it definitely deserves a sub 10 ENY.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2017, 01:51:07 PM »
Player count is low, more perks and less fun equals less people.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2017, 02:28:43 PM »
Because they left.

And you know for a fact that every one of them left because of lack of furballs how exactly?  I know your peer group left because of it, but you're extrapolating an awful lot based on what looks to me like wishful thinking for the most part.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »
And you know for a fact that every one of them left because of lack of furballs how exactly?  I know your peer group left because of it, but you're extrapolating an awful lot based on what looks to me like wishful thinking for the most part.

Wiley.

Just go ahead and ask the 10 squads that have left in the last 3 years, or who only do FSO now.

All that it appears to me is that the way you want people to play is actually hurting the #s, but no one will actually admit that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
To Mr. Lunatik's original post about perking the P-47M; put down the crack pipe man.  Rarity arguments aside - this AC is outclassed by several in the set already.

<S> and fair skies.  I am going to make some guacamole and send it to Skuzzy now.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:11 PM »
Just go ahead and ask the 10 squads that have left in the last 3 years, or who only do FSO now.

All that it appears to me is that the way you want people to play is actually hurting the #s, but no one will actually admit that.

'Only doing FSO' isn't leaving. Nor is it 'furballing', per say.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:51 PM »
They havent left because of man guns or P-47:s.
The game is just the same as when there was hundreds of players, it isnt that the gameplay have driven people away but for different reason people stops playing, that is true for all games. Problem is that no new players are filling their place. Whats left is a bunch of the old core that have been flying forever.

The first to leave when numbers drop is the furballers that want swift, instant action. The base takers and win-the-war guys can still do their thing so they stay longer but even they are feeling the low numbers. Euro prime time is dead and gone since ~1½ years ago. When numbers are low enough the player base implodes and that is what have happen to pretty much everyone outside the US. I havent bother to log on on weekdays for well over a year.

No map or plane or man gun will change it. And the problem isnt the gameplay, it is a fantastic game, problem is that people doesnt know it. I havent met anyone here that have heard of Aces high and problem now is that i cannot recruit anyone either because the only thing they will see when they log in is an empty arena..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »

Who said I want people to play a certain way again?  I want people out there trying to kill me.  I'm going to try to kill them.  Gameplay will ensue.  I want them to come at my side however they want, and I want my side to rise to meet them when it happens.

What I don't want is for the game to be turned into something limited and mindless resembling WT.

They havent left because of man guns or P-47:s.
The game is just the same as when there was hundreds of players, it isnt that the gameplay have driven people away but for different reason people stops playing, that is true for all games. Problem is that no new players are filling their place. Whats left is a bunch of the old core that have been flying forever.

The first to leave when numbers drop is the furballers that want swift, instant action. The base takers and win-the-war guys can still do their thing so they stay longer but even they are feeling the low numbers. Euro prime time is dead and gone since ~1½ years ago. When numbers are low enough the player base implodes and that is what have happen to pretty much everyone outside the US. I havent bother to log on on weekdays for well over a year.

No map or plane or man gun will change it. And the problem isnt the gameplay, it is a fantastic game, problem is that people doesnt know it. I havent met anyone here that have heard of Aces high and problem now is that i cannot recruit anyone either because the only thing they will see when they log in is an empty arena..

About catches how I feel about it.  The game has a shelf life for everyone that plays it and that timer starts counting down the first day you log in.  Not enough replacements coming in to sustain it.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2017, 11:47:51 PM »
I think it would be far more reasonable to request an ENY adjust to the Dora than adding a perk based on it's more recent k/d and usage numbers.  It's not perk worthy, but it definitely deserves a sub 10 ENY.
ENY does not do anything really except lock out the plane when numbers are un ballanced.

ENY affects your perk gains, but that does not matter when there is hardly any use for perk point. Unlike the ENY lock, a perk tag does not prevent you from flying the plane.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »
Because they left.

Question is why did they leave instead of staying and playing like they want to play?

How much help from HTC do people need to furball in the MA?

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Other than die hard fans most people don't invest years in a single game.  The key is bringing new people in, I am new to AH (compared to most of you old timers) but gameplay here same as WBs, same problems and issues. Without  an in-flow of new players every game will eventually shrivel.  Heck as bad as WBs is now they still manage to keep 20 or so core players on in prime time, 3-4 during the day.  High hopes for Steam here, helped WBs notta but AH is a much better cared for game.

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2017, 08:58:52 PM »
Question is why did they leave instead of staying and playing like they want to play?

How much help from HTC do people need to furball in the MA?
One thing that's changed substantially is GVing.  Logged in yesterday to a couple of tanks vulching fields.

Spent an hour or so fighting them.  Got shot down twice to a t34s main gun.

No planes to fight, just GVs blowing up town and fields and getting shot by ostwinds before their icon shows up.

It was retarded so logged off.