Author Topic: Small Adjustments to Gameplay  (Read 244 times)

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
Small Adjustments to Gameplay
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »
Few things I think would be nice to have and would improve game-play:

1. GV spawns across water.   An island should be an island.  Perhaps allow GV's to spawn from carriers but not across oceans onto islands with no task group present. 

2. GV spawns at bases seem to spawn at the one location often an exploded hanger.  Often theres a tank sitting at the back of the exploded hanger popping any GV that spawns.   It'd be nicer if when one hanger went down the GV's spawned at the remaining up hangers. 

3. More strategic bases - there are a few strategic bases on some maps but not a great deal.  A strategic base is one that either no GV spawn into it, has good altitude, has terrain blocking etc.   The reason these bases are strategic is because they're either difficult to take (no GV spawn means you need a goon or CV), high alt means you can pork surrounding bases easily etc.   These bases tend to create good fights as both sides try to take or retake them.

4. Less GV spawn points - if GV's spawn into every other base it becomes trivial to roll the map using two or even one man teams.  It would be more interesting if more bases had spawns to one or two other bases but not to all other bases.  This would require certain bases to be taken first to get gv access to subsequent bases.   Say Base 1 has spawns to base 2 and 3, base 2 has spawns to base 5 and 6.  Base 3 has spawns to base 4.  You couldnt' take base 4 without taking base 3, so as long as you defended base 3 base 4 couldn't fall while defending base 2 and 3 would defend base 5 and 6 etc.   

J

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Small Adjustments to Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
OOPS
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:41:02 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:23:01 AM »
The GVs spawn across water only simulate a boat landing there with out all the hassle of driving boats and such. The idea is to keep the action/combat moving.

I agree that the base spawns could use some randomeness to them. At this time it is far too easy for someone to spawn camp a base.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 11:24:03 AM »
Points 1, 3, and 4 are within the control of the terrain builder, I think.  So we could see terrains with these ideas implemented.

I agree with #2 completely.  Sometimes GVs will hide inside a burning hangar, using the flames as cover, which doesn't seem realistic to me at all.

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »
It's fun for the folks that like to play that way.  That's what's so great about this game.  There are so many ways to play and each and every way there is to play sooner or later ends up in a big fight with each other.  The turn and burners are trying to get the B&Z'ers into a situation that does not give their enemies an advantage and vice versa.

It's selfish to expect others to play the same way you do.
This post makes no sense at all.  It took me a while to decide if you'd accidentally replied to the wrong post.

These are suggestions, not demands, and its a discussion point, not a criticism of others gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:29:34 AM by Zygote404 »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »
This post makes no sense at all.  It took me a while to decide if you'd accidentally replied to the wrong post.

These are suggestions, not demands, and its a discussion point, not a criticism of others gameplay.

I did actually respond to a different post.  I should probably be shot for this mistake.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
I did actually respond to a different post.  I should probably be shot for this mistake.
No worries :)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 12:30:32 PM »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
Number 2 goes without saying.

I am suprised HTC hasn't done that already after all these years.