Author Topic: Remove Manned guns from fields  (Read 5656 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Remove Manned guns from fields
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:03:27 PM »
More people in Planes and Tanks, less people in Point and Shoot, yawn play, ruining hard earned sorties from 8K away. It does nothing for the game. Regular bot manned acks do more than a great job.

I will say that they should be kept for the CV and ship fleets just for the sake of the CV weakness. 

Please consider

Vio

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Remove Manned guns from fields
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:19:10 PM »

Needed for the vulchers and the spawn hanger campers/  :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:29:46 PM »
Manned guns seem to be my bane lately.  It must be fun for some folks though.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:45:29 PM »
It takes nothing from the game and if a person wants to man an ack, all the power to them.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 10:43:25 AM »
If the base gun lethality is doubled?   +1

If not?  -1
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 12:15:40 PM »
 It does not prevent vulching. If 3 planes are vulching, after they killed the bot AAA, and you shoot one plane down, then they shoot you. Did it really prevent vulching?

It took the guy in the field 1 second to hop in the manned gun, and shoot someone down, who spent 10-15 minutes already in a sortie flying to that base. The manned ack player does not have to worry about time. The attack player does. If I get one pinged death from manned act. I now have to fly all the way back to the base for someone who presented 0 risk, 0 time.

What is fun about this? You are 6K from a base scouting the field. A person sees the plane near the field on radar. They hop in field Ack 88, you get puffs 10 feet from your plane from a point and shooter, then you blow up before you can get to the base and Jabo. You just spent 10 minutes to die instantly by someone risking nothing. Or what, you go home to avoid any chance of getting puffed out of the air? 

Look at how many people die from inaction manned guns. Look at all those sorties where probably at least 50% were pissed off about it. I see no reason for it. It does not promote action. It does not promote game play.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »
It does not prevent vulching. If 3 planes are vulching, after they killed the bot AAA, and you shoot one plane down, then they shoot you. Did it really prevent vulching?

It took the guy in the field 1 second to hop in the manned gun, and shoot someone down, who spent 10-15 minutes already in a sortie flying to that base. The manned ack player does not have to worry about time. The attack player does. If I get one pinged death from manned act. I now have to fly all the way back to the base for someone who presented 0 risk, 0 time.

What is fun about this? You are 6K from a base scouting the field. A person sees the plane near the field on radar. They hop in field Ack 88, you get puffs 10 feet from your plane from a point and shooter, then you blow up before you can get to the base and Jabo. You just spent 10 minutes to die instantly by someone risking nothing. Or what, you go home to avoid any chance of getting puffed out of the air? 

Look at how many people die from inaction manned guns. Look at all those sorties where probably at least 50% were pissed off about it. I see no reason for it. It does not promote action. It does not promote game play.

If said player took 10 minutes to fly over and deack said field of auto acks, take 11 minutes to get rid of the manned guns. Its not like they are going any place. Also remember AHIII 88's are neutered compared to the real thing just as the Wirbel and Ostwind are as well.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »
If said player took 10 minutes to fly over and deack said field of auto acks, take 11 minutes to get rid of the manned guns. Its not like they are going any place. Also remember AHIII 88's are neutered compared to the real thing just as the Wirbel and Ostwind are as well.

Yeah, and what if there's a person in a manned gun with great aim you won't be able to "de ack" the field, what's even the point of wasting the time to fly to a base to battle a puff of smoke? Why not force someone to up a Gv or plane and actually expend a sortie to shoot someone down? What has the 88 and other manned acts on bases actually brought to the game besides grief?

And for the record, I'm positive about 90% of the players who try to deack a field without a manned ack get their plane so rekt, it's not even in flyable conditions, and in most cases is the end of the sortie. Just in 1 or two passes. That's the experience for 90% of the players.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:10:48 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
Occupied manned guns should count as a kill.. that is my only issue with them.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 03:30:36 PM »
More people in Planes and Tanks, less people in Point and Shoot, yawn play, ruining hard earned sorties from 8K away. It does nothing for the game. Regular bot manned acks do more than a great job.

I will say that they should be kept for the CV and ship fleets just for the sake of the CV weakness. 

Please consider

Vio

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
So this sounds like yet another wish to force gameplay to your style...which sounds to me like you don't want to let someone land at their base, and/or don't want to let someone take off from their base; you must think it's fun for them being vulched because it's fun for you to vulch them. Maybe if you don't chase people back to their base, and let them take off and get some air under them for a chance at a fight, you won't come here and complain about the manned ack and post a wish to have it removed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:05:09 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »
So this sounds like yet another wish to force gameplay to your style...which sounds to me like you don't want to let someone land at their base, and/or don't want to let someone take off from their base; you must think it's fun for them being vulched because it's fun for you to vulch them. Maybe if you don't chase people back to their base, and let them take off and get some air under them for a chance at a fight, you won't come here and complain about the manned ack and post a wish to have it removed.

Please tell me how a manned ack is a player style? It doesn't have a score, you can't actually die, and it takes 0 risk. A manned ack is not a "player style".  It doesn't solve the problem  of vulching or it would have stopped people from vulching already. I proved that in the last post. rolling in vehicles is actually much more beneficial. The bot AAA already protects people from landing and taking off. If it's down, well, gee golly, don't you think it's poor defense on your part? The only thing it would "force" players do it is actually compete in the game... Wow, what a novel idea. Who wants to fight against a puff of smoke that doesn't even give you a kill? Why should they get all the benefit with 0 risk?  The Puff ack can kill you  from 6-10K away. You don't even have  to be near the base. It can snipe you  out of the sky in a 1v1 fight near the base.. What fun is that?  to spend 10 minutes to fight a puff of smoke and die instantly? I honestly don't get what at all is rational or how it benefits the game play more so than make it stale.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:44:15 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 06:41:51 PM »
Btw, I did not come here and post this in a fit of rage. I've thought about it quite a bit.  It's a logical realization that it takes more away from the game than it brings.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
It is "Vilkas" style of game play. There are many other who are very good in the guns and they love to spoil the "party" at the field.

I agree they should count as kills/deaths to each player.

Deacking a field is very easy if you use team work. 3 guys making runs at the same time can and often will clear all guns in a couple passes with little or no damage. It just takes a bit of practice.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 07:31:34 AM »
and leave the base undefended-but then you say up a plane and defend, unnhuh so u can vulch. if you don't want to get shot down by auto or manned ack don't fly into the ranges, you say it was 88MM that got you, well kill 88
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.