Author Topic: Remove Manned guns from fields  (Read 5661 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Remove Manned guns from fields
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »
I like jumping in a gun and trying to shoot down a-holes who are trying to vulch. When they go boom, I smile because I know I pissed them off.

Snicker +1
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:52 PM »
I just don't understand how you guys can defend wasting your time getting shot down by people who aren't even taking part in providing actional gameplay, that you can't even defend against after spending time getting there. Super exciting!! It just goes to show another reason why the majority of y'all cannot understand why people have left the game due to bordem, lack of action, and lack of time/value.

Hey, we are Epsilon-minus semi-morons, what do you expect?

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
We defend them because with out them the game would have closed long ago. Everyone has what they like to do. You don't like flying 10 minutes to a base to get shot down by ack, then dont do it!

Personally I enjoy shooting the crap out of ack guns. Sometimes I try to deack a field all by myself with as little damage as possible. Its a challenge and can be fun when nothing else is going on.

What you have to get strait in YOUR head is not everyone wants to play the game the way you want to, and thats OK!  Forcing others out of guns isnt going to make them all up in planes, many will log, much like you might do when cant find a fight.

My initial post was to limit player manned acks to only CVs. Make all the AAA bots. Bots would still help to reduce vulching. A manned ack may reduce 1 plane from vulching but that also prevents a player from taking part in actionable combat, which is more detrimental to the game. Its never about making people play how I want them to play. Its about populating the arena with action so that more people enjoy sticking around. Getting blown out of the sky by a manned ack whether someone is vulching or Jaboing, after 5-6 sorties just is not entertaining game play and actually does more harm than good. If you want to defend go to another base or  roll a tank and be  apart of the action. Blowing  someone out of the sky from a manned gun is not even a real defense and totally pointless. You all admit you use the gun as a griefing mechanism. You all admit it pissed you off.  How is that good? Where am I suppose to go to avoid ack if no one is rolling, the goal is to destory base and town after all.  Just consider how much value it brings to how much it doesn't.

I will put it to rest but please consider at least taking away the point and shoot 88 gun from fields. It will help a lot.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:56:14 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 08:18:25 AM »
Do as V asks but also make all vulch attempts subject to something like kill-shooter.*

*Of course, you know that'll result in players just lining up on the runway with buffs that are now indestructable 'ack.' ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:20:28 AM by Arlo »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
If anyone gets close enough to a field that a manned gun can shoot at them, they are not looking for a fight. If they were, they would be far enough out to allow an upper to get some speed and altitude.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »
Leave the Ack alone. When they have taken out all the hangers it is the only defense left.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »
Still, I'd like to see being killed while in a manned gun count as a death in your stats.  Seems to me there should be some risk to the gunner...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2017, 09:55:22 AM »
Adding 2 or more bot acks added will actually do more to stop vulching than a manned gun will.
If anyone gets close enough to a field that a manned gun can shoot at them, they are not looking for a fight. If they were, they would be far enough out to allow an upper to get some speed and altitude.

That is entirely untrue and completely destroys the entire purpose of the game. Sorta like how M3 resupplies are. You give too much credit to the defender who risks nothing. No emphisis on the attacker because it's all his fault. If an attacker has to travel 15 minutes to attack a base, why shouldnt the defender if he cannot roll? The manned ack doesn't solve any of those problems, it just makes the game play stale.

You all have such a huge misconception when it comes to attacking and defending.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:08:40 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
Adding 2 or more bot acks added will actually do more to stop vulching than a manned gun will.
That is entirely untrue and completely destroys the entire purpose of the game. Sorta like how M3 resupplies are. You give too much credit to the defender who risks nothing. No emphisis on the attacker because it's all his fault. If an attacker has to travel 15 minutes to attack a base, why shouldnt the defender if he cannot roll? The manned ack doesn't solve any of those problems, it just makes the game play stale.

You all have such a huge misconception when it comes to attacking and defending.

So if you take 15 minutes to fly to a base, will you circle around for another 15 minutes waiting for someone to up from a different base to engage you? Or will you come here and complain that you wasted 30 minutes of your time just to find a fight?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
Still, I'd like to see being killed while in a manned gun count as a death in your stats.  Seems to me there should be some risk to the gunner...

Sure, why not. I'm good with this.  :aok

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2017, 07:15:58 PM »
Absolutely NOT -1.  If anything I want to see FLAK TOWERS.  Further, if 88s are up at a field, then puffy should automatically be shooting at the enemy as well. 

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2017, 09:08:15 AM »
Its about populating the arena with action so that more people enjoy sticking around.

Killing you in a manned gun makes me renew my subscription. Wish granted.  :devil

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2017, 10:44:50 AM »

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Nosara

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2017, 01:29:49 PM »
Do not like Ack? de-ack.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2017, 01:42:30 PM »
Do not like Ack? de-ack.
I agree.  Some of these fellas can't stand working for their food.   :aok