Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32068 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »
OK ladies, now that we have all broken off our 7 inch stiletto heels stamping our tiny little feet in righteous indignation, and beat the stuffings out of our pearl beaded hand bags over this. Let alone put runs in all of our nylons and fishnets. Isn't the end of the testing month about up for Hitech to pull his numbers on the M3? And you know, Hitech is so busy, he hasn't even looked at my new MA terrain that I turned in for inspection about two weeks ago. Either he is bullet proofing VR or something interesting is on the horizon.....

Let me tell you, you do not want to see Junky in his high heels and fishnets, nope, the whole squad found a box canyon and flew into the walls to clean that vision out of our eyes..... :O
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #376 on: October 28, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
M3 promotes sissy combat.

Let me guess... u consider those that drove M3s with or without troops
"sissies" in the WWII, Korean, Nam and subsequent wars?

"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #377 on: October 28, 2017, 02:33:52 PM »
Let me guess... u consider those that drove M3s with or without troops
"sissies" in the WWII, Korean, Nam and subsequent wars?
Don't bring up real war with this because that is completely ridiculous....if it was realistic we wouldn't have vehicle spawns and it would take a steady flow of m3s over the duration of the day to resupply fields.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #378 on: October 28, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »
Don't bring up real war with this because that is completely ridiculous....if it was realistic we wouldn't have vehicle spawns and it would take a steady flow of m3s over the duration of the day to resupply fields.
or 109s handing out together at high alt waiting to pick... For once I agree with you junky.. Nothing about this game resembles real war.. However it's still really fun
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #379 on: October 28, 2017, 06:39:53 PM »
The reason you are getting that kill is because the person attacking you is making a mistake, not because of your talent. Same when you get a kill with a main gun from a tank.
If you mean passionate like he was with his FPH's  then I'll take it as a compliment  :aok
Its only way to get a kill,NO? It takes skill,not everyone can do it! I dont try to main gun from a tank, i suck at it. Everything in this game requires some degree of skill. I understand what you were trying to say, though. :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #380 on: October 28, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
or 109s hanging out with p38s together at high alt waiting to pick... For once I agree with you junky.. Very few things in this game resembles real war.. However it's still really fun....IMHO
edited
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #381 on: October 28, 2017, 08:01:06 PM »
Its only way to get a kill,NO? It takes skill,not everyone can do it! I dont try to main gun from a tank, i suck at it. Everything in this game requires some degree of skill. I understand what you were trying to say, though. :D
Not really, the aiming mechanic with guns is easy compared to other first person shooters
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #382 on: October 29, 2017, 02:21:46 AM »
Not really, the aiming mechanic with guns is easy compared to other first person shooters
What aim?
You wait for the strafing plane to be right over you and then shoot at the tree next to you. The plane dies from the blast radius.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #383 on: October 29, 2017, 09:49:35 AM »
It's most effective with a competent driver.

This was while driving over a sector on the trinity map that people say is impassable.

It's not, obviously, if you can straddle the tops of the mountains for the entire trip.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #384 on: October 29, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »

This was while driving over a sector on the trinity map that people say is impassable.

It's not, obviously, if you can straddle the tops of the mountains for the entire trip.

LOL this reminds me of the time I drove a sector and a half through Mindanao, a good share of it in reverse because 1st gear couldn't climb the hills and hid above the town of one of the rooks 163 bases back when they were still capturable.  I waited for 3 squad mates to level town with buffs and then snuck in with red cons flying over me the entire time. I mean why look down, there was no GV spawn to that base.  Right as my troops took the map room 10 or more 163's decided to launch all at once into unfriendly field guns.. I'm sure we had some unhappy folks just then.  :D
  Sorry, a bit off topic but I just had a trip down memory lane.   :old:
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #385 on: October 29, 2017, 10:51:18 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Yep! I've done this.  :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #386 on: October 29, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
But... the goal I think HTC is striving for IS realism... if it weren't... its just an arcade game  :D
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #387 on: October 29, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
But... the goal I think HTC is striving for IS realism... if it weren't... its just an arcade game  :D
They are but if you want that type of realism then have fun with hours of driving supplies.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2017, 02:44:02 PM »

The fact that objects/resources are still set to be able to be destroyed ever since this game's birth..

The fact that the game still contains all the facets and characteristics of being much more than just exclusively about fighter aircraft,

and the fact that HTC for 18 years has not wavered in the slightest from that approach proves the company still caters to a much broader demographic of subscribers than just simply and exclusively fighter enthusiasts.

Oh, the disdain occasionally uttered about that simple premise.  :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2017, 02:56:47 PM »

Hitech has always said that this is a GAME using WWII type equipment. Its the equipment that they try to make as realistic as possible. Many things are "adjusted" for game playablity. If it was to strive for realism for everything we would be messing with engine management and so much more.