Author Topic: Manned ack should count as a kill?  (Read 8721 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Manned ack should count as a kill?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
Not entirely sure who's HT's post was directed at.  If it were me it's not about blaming someone. A squad mate posed the question the other day. It was a question posted in the right forum category and a simple one. Not trying to ruffle feathers.

Me either.    Just politely expressing my thoughts...    :salute :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 07:18:28 PM »
Oh you definitely chase them. Deack the field if necessary. No runners.  :devil

+
 :banana:  :x
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 07:33:50 PM »
Looks forward to owning number one position of "ack killer using a pistol".

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 09:32:45 PM »
Why me?   I'm not griping about it.   I just agree with the OP.  It seems unbalanced.   *shrug*

:salute

Because you constantly use inaccurate hyperbole to try boaster your whining arguments.

HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2017, 09:57:12 PM »
Because you constantly use inaccurate hyperbole to try boaster your whining arguments.

HiTech

Not picking a fight here but what's inaccurate or hyperbole about it?   There is ZERO risk to be in manned ack.   The fighter/bomber has 100% risk for very little upside.  That's a fact.

Tonight was a perfect example.   I'm in a fight around a base and pop an ack gun.   I get potted by someone in one and PK'd to tower.  Kill streak ended.   K/D drops.  K/S drops.   Guy in manned gun....worst case scenario for him?   He gets towered.    Even if I kill him ten times he still hurts me more than I hurt him. 

It's your game.  You make the rules.  But nothing I've said is even close to hyperbole (intentional exaggeration).   Feel free to explain how I'm wrong if you wish.   I'm sure others would appreciate it as well. 

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:59:45 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »
Not picking a fight here but what's inaccurate or hyperbole about it?   There is ZERO risk to be in manned ack.   The fighter/bomber has 100% risk for very little upside.  That's a fact.

Tonight was a perfect example.   I'm in a fight around a base and pop an ack gun.   I get potted by someone in one and PK'd to tower.  Kill streak ended.   K/D drops.  K/S drops.   Guy in manned gun....worst case scenario for him?   He gets towered.    Even if I kill him ten times he still hurts me more than I hurt him. 

It's your game.  You make the rules.  But nothing I've said is even close to hyperbole (intentional exaggeration).   Feel free to explain how I'm wrong if you wish.   I'm sure others would appreciate it as well. 

Thanks for proving my point.

HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2017, 10:00:38 PM »
Looks forward to owning number one position of "ack killer using a pistol".

Can this be done?  Anyone ever killed a manned ack with a pistol?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:06:21 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2017, 10:01:45 PM »

Thanks for proving my point.

HiTech

Okay, you totally lost me here.  Whatevs.    :cheers:

Congrats on Steam.   Looks like it is gaining interest.   I've pointed a few ppl here that way.  Hope it works.   :salute

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:05:47 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 01:37:26 AM »
Okay, you totally lost me here.  Whatevs.    :cheers:

Someone who always used hyperbole and thought of it as persuasive language might think that hyperbole required more exaggeration. They would be wrong. Totally   ;)

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 02:25:04 AM »
I dont think a kill should be granted for popping a manned gun, but a death should be granted to the defender.  There is a reason manned guns are consistently at the top of the kill board every tour, high reward with no risk.  I can't imagine anything will ever change on this matter with the response you got though.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 02:35:58 AM »
I dont think a kill should be granted for popping a manned gun, but a death should be granted to the defender.  There is a reason manned guns are consistently at the top of the kill board every tour, high reward with no risk.  I can't imagine anything will ever change on this matter with the response you got though.

There is no reward for getting kills in a manned gun other than seeing your name in lights when you tower out.  Kills in a manned gun aren't scored nor are you awarded any perks but a plane that kills a manned ack is scored for it.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:15 AM »
No one cares about scores, most people want to either have fun or survive.  The amount of points you get for attacking a manned gun are minuscule compared to the risk you are taking flying within 10k of a base.  If people are given a death for dieing in a manned gun they will be more likely to up and fight and realize that dog fighting might be more fun than firing OP puff balls.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2017, 03:16:41 AM »
No one cares about scores, most people want to either have fun or survive.  The amount of points you get for attacking a manned gun are minuscule compared to the risk you are taking flying within 10k of a base.  If people are given a death for dieing in a manned gun they will be more likely to up and fight and realize that dog fighting might be more fun than firing OP puff balls.

So let me get this straight:  You are saying that no one cares about scores, but then you think that they will more inclined to stop using manned guns if it were to count as a death when destroyed?

Am I the only one finding something a bit off with this comment??? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2017, 03:19:56 AM »
So let me get this straight:  You are saying that no one cares about scores, but then you think that they will more inclined to stop using manned guns if it were to count as a death when destroyed?

Am I the only one finding something a bit off with this comment??? :headscratch:

Yes, they dont care about their score, they care about their k/d

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 03:38:32 AM »
Yes, they dont care about their score, they care about their k/d

Then how would you categorize the death as?  Fighter? Bomber? Vehicle?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.