Author Topic: Manned ack should count as a kill?  (Read 8819 times)

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
Re: Manned ack should count as a kill?
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »
Thanks for taking the time Hitech... It appears this message is not an easy one to convey clearly.  It was, on the other hand, very enlightening on this side of the BB. 

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »
Might have reached a little too far asking for kills.  They arent the same as planes or vehicles.  The person that gets shot in them should atleast die though.  Not too sure why this forum exists, even the most common sense requests are shot down and attacked because people are afraid of any change.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2017, 05:45:19 PM »
I can assure you I will never get past zinc from here on out :).

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2017, 06:04:21 PM »
As I said , no kills are scored in field guns.

Maybe your name in lights if you kill someone in a field gun?

HiTech

A scored category would be  better... but name in lights is better than nothing imo

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2017, 06:34:46 PM »
Might have reached a little too far asking for kills.  They arent the same as planes or vehicles.  The person that gets shot in them should atleast die though.  Not too sure why this forum exists, even the most common sense requests are shot down and attacked because people are afraid of any change.

All you can do is ask.   Expect a no, hope for a yes, that way you are never disappointed but sometimes happily surprised.  :salute :cheers: :bolt:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
88s on the fields need to go away. Not for score. Not for kills. But because it's a grief weapon. All reward and zero risk. It's a long range weapon taking a potential player and removing them from anything resembling a fight.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »
What was I thinking, this is exactly why I normally do not comment in wish list topics.

I'm out.

And it's not changing.

HiTech

We appreciate your time.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »
Not too sure why this forum exists, even the most common sense requests are shot down and attacked because people are afraid of any change.

Not so.  Just page through the forum some, and you'll see many requests that people agree with.  It's the hot-button requests that get this kind of attention...and this has been a hot-button request for years.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2017, 01:27:14 AM »
Actually, it is 100% accurate.   

No it's hyperbole. Like the 100% quoted above. As if simple statements have a percentage of accuracy. Hyperbole is ubiquitous. When it's a regular habit you may lose awareness of it. I realize it's just your style but Hitech seems to want you to be more precise in your language when critiquing the game. If you praise it he'll likely be less stringent.  :D

...Not too sure why this forum exists, even the most common sense requests are shot down and attacked because people are afraid of any change.

See the comment about hyperbole. Nobody here is afraid of change. It's a ludicrous argument. We've had monthly if not weekly changes for 17 years.

I've had a few wishes granted that improved the game. So have many other players.

Wishes to limit what other players can do are seldom implemented.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:23:40 AM by FLS »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »
88s on the fields need to go away. Not for score. Not for kills. But because it's a grief weapon. All reward and zero risk. It's a long range weapon taking a potential player and removing them from anything resembling a fight.

:rofl Grief weapon.  That's a good one.  There is no reward for being in a manned gun other than seeing your name in lights if you shoot down a few planes.  The rewards belong to the player that takes out a manned gun as they get scored for the kill while the player in the manned gun does not.  Now, knowing that, how can you say the player in the manned gun gets all the rewards when he basically gets zilch for killing a player in a plane or a GV?

Being hit by acks, whether it be an auto or manned gun is the risk one takes when attacking an enemy base.  During the war, these type of attacks on bases were the most dangerous a pilot could face due to the anti-air defenses.  Why should it be any different in game?  Why should we make it easier for the attackers while tying an arm behind the defenders?
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2017, 07:50:19 AM »
Ack-Ack. If you want to fly all day in flack guns, be my guest. Decent fights are hard enough to come by without the threat of a magic BB taking me out of it. Flak bursts are not combat and the longer a player can sit in an 88, the less likely they are to actually fight. I can fly around all day offline without having to pay to die from black puffs. I'm tired of tools being added that encourage players to avoid combat.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »
I created a monster lol.  It's not really about scoring to me.  I get my satisfaction out of killing people trying to kill me.  I think a fair amount of people are the same way.  If they can get "you shot down yucca" I would like to be able to do the same.  I like the GOTCHA! moments I guess lol.  Bustr made an excellent point.  I think manned ack have their place, removing them from gameplay is not what I started this for.  As far as the social justice aspect of it.  Let me pose this question.  If this is an issue why do we show the name of what player we killed or vice versa in every other aspect of the game?  I would imagine no one would like that to change. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:00:49 AM by YUCCA »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2017, 08:58:01 AM »
No it's hyperbole. Like the 100% quoted above. As if simple statements have a percentage of accuracy. Hyperbole is ubiquitous. When it's a regular habit you may lose awareness of it. I realize it's just your style but Hitech seems to want you to be more precise in your language when critiquing the game. If you praise it he'll likely be less stringent.  :D

See the comment about hyperbole. Nobody here is afraid of change. It's a ludicrous argument. We've had monthly if not weekly changes for 17 years.

I've had a few wishes granted that improved the game. So have many other players.

No, it's accurate.  Calling my statement "100% accurate" is *redundant* (and admittedly sloppy) because it's either accurate or inaccurate, but hyperbole it is not.  Manned gunners like Kingpin are a bigger threat than auto ack and they prove it regularly. 

I've been a writer for three decades.   I know what I'm saying and it's correct.  Others have agreed with me and they're not being called out.    (Generally speaking--directed at nobody in particular--when people can write at high level, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling, I'm much more likely to accept their critiques on the subject.)  I think hyperbole doesn't mean what you think it means.  Also, the blanket employment of hyperbole as a perjorative is not an appropriate usage of the word.

------
Hyperbole may also be used for instances of such exaggerations for emphasis or effect. Hyperboles are often used in casual speech as intensifiers, such as saying "the bag weighed a ton".  Hyperbole makes the point that the speaker found the bag to be extremely heavy, although it was nothing like a literal ton. Understanding hyperboles and their use in context can further one's ability to understand the messages being sent from the speaker.  The use of hyperboles generally relays feelings or emotions from the speaker, or from those who the speaker may talk about. Hyperbole can be used in a form of humour, excitement, distress, and many other emotions, all depending on the context in which the speaker uses it.
---------

The boss has weighed in.  It's not changing so may as well lock the thread and move on.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:19:49 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »

What part of this wish.is taking anything away from anyone?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
88 guns on fields the worst addition to the game play that has ever been implemented. Does not do anything to support game play, just leads to more players logging off after wasting a 25 minute sortie dying to a puff of a smoke. If I'm 3-5K away from a base fighting someone, That's not vulching!!

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion