Author Topic: Watch out US eastern seaboard.....Irma  (Read 5436 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: Watch out US eastern seaboard.....Irma
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 05:25:11 PM »
The spy cam from one of those islands was intense.  No person should be above ground in those winds.  Crazy. I can't imagine the horror of having to ride out that storm.  :salute

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:30:26 PM by NatCigg »

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 01:24:59 PM »

free image hosting api

Lasted Euro run, 72 and 96 hr respectively

Chuikov

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »
Forecasts have wobbled a bit but keeps coming back to the above prediction.  Irma is also followed by Jose, now a cat 2 hurricane that might hit Florida around next weekend.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »
Here in Daytona Beach we're calling Irma the " put your head between your legs and kiss your donut goodbye" hurricane!!! I'm rushing to get both my cars ready to bug out Saturday lol!!! Everyone else in it's path please stay safe, this one is no joke, it will kill you!!!!! :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 02:53:05 PM »
I was supposed to be down in Tx this week for work, but they held off on that for after Irma hits....probably going to be down in Florida now.

I was down for Andrew in 1992 which imho was much worse than Katrina (was down for that also) With Katrina there was still standing structures...Andrew was just a debris field. It looked like a 60mile wide F4 tornado ran up the state.  Irma is no joke for sure....just as strong as Andrew. Hopefully those mountains in Cuba will scour off some of her power.

Anyone down there worried about having enough drinking water...just a helpful tip. Get gallon Ziploc storage bags and fill your freezer with them....Will keep the food cold in case of power outages, and a good source of emergency drinking water if needed  :aok

Stay safe
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »
Does seem like a "Here we go again" moment  doesnt it MBailey?

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 10:28:12 AM »
Have 20 gallons of water not counting wash tubs and sinks. 10lbs of pasta, 5lbs rice, 2 big cans of hopin jack, and plenty of lead.

Chuikov

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
Should be in ISS live cams in few minutes; http://www.n2yo.com/space-station/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
Seems to be a relatively dry hurricane.  3 day forecasts are showing between 10 and 15 inches for the Eastern coastline of Florida, while the Western coastline is predicted to get 2 to 10 inches of ran.

Contrast that with Harvey who dumped over 50 inches of rain, during a 3 day period, in South Texas.

Winds are another story.  Irma looking like a bad girl.  Hopefully she will continue to diminish.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
Does seem like a "Here we go again" moment  doesnt it MBailey?

It sure does Sim. Just once id like to go and meet the wonderful people of this country...when things are going good. Sadly we only see them when things are at there worse.

This miserable witch decided to track farther west, possibly affecting the entire length of Florida, and isn't supposed to loose any energy scrubbing the Cuban mountains, and may gain strength before landfall given the 90degree deep water off Florida. One time im hoping the forcasters are wrong

I only hope and pray that all the building code upgrades that were mandated after Andrew were indeed done....

You headed there SIM?

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »
looks more like southern florida today.  Storm surge is forecast over 10 feet.

http://marine.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=GMZ031&warncounty=marine&firewxzone=&local_place1=Buttonwood%20Sound%20FL&product1=Storm+Surge+Warning&lat=25.1266&lon=-80.45

finding hot open water she spins up to a category 5 and slams florida. similar track to the 1935 hurricane https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935_Labor_Day_hurricane

islands, gone. scary.  :uhoh

:salute

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 03:00:41 PM »
Not sure where as yet. The company has told all, and yeah ALL is everyone employed by Duke, to come in Monday morning with 7-10 days of packed clothing. All I know right now is that my group is part of the first wave.

Spent a portion of this afternoon stocking the truck bins and checking equipment. From my point of view, its shaping up like another Katrina....just meaner.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 11:54:57 PM »
I prepped 3 houses (2 with wood because no shutters) but securing my garage door was the biggest task.....mostly because of the heat and trying to engineer a solution that would withstand what were projected to be 150mph winds.

On tuesday, I was in the hospital getting a "stent" installed because of a kidney stone that was impacted which kept me from starting on monday like I preached.

I credit being an opiate lightweight for being able to finish by thursday at dinner.....leaving at least one day later than I wanted but I made it to atlanta tonight.

No flying out......everything full or overbooked.

The drive was done driving secondary roads that paralleled I95 after running into a parking lot 2 miles from my house.

US1 was empty which blew my mind and we averaged 45mph all the way to atlanta.

Really can't believe a road that ran within a mile of a dead stopped interstate would be empty but it was like that all the way up.

My cars are parked in the middle of the elevated parking structures at palm heach international airport.

Still wish I could have started earlier and I look forward to the storm moving off making this work not having been necessary.

The most difficult part of this ordeal was convincing my girl to evacuate.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 08:57:26 AM »
The most difficult part of this ordeal was convincing my girl to evacuate.

THIS made me laugh. It was freaking PULLING TEETH to get the girl to evacuate ahead of Harvey...

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »
Should be in ISS live cams in few minutes; http://www.n2yo.com/space-station/
ISS should be above the hurricane again in about 20-30 min. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload