Author Topic: Watch out US eastern seaboard.....Irma  (Read 5437 times)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
Re: Watch out US eastern seaboard.....Irma
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2017, 05:55:24 PM »
Here in Lithia, Florida east of Tampa waiting for the eye to come. So far its just wind and rain with the wind strengthening every hour. Eye should be over my house around 2am.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »
At 2330 pressure was 968 MB at my house, wind gusts to 85mph. The subdivision were I live suffered very minor damage, a couple of screens, and some small trees that were planted poorly. My shutters are already down and in the garage.

Chuikov

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Hoping all of you in Florida made it through OK, with not too much damage....

My oldest daughter lives in Middleburg, Fl on Black Creek at North Fork.... She probably has lost everything pretty much... Flood level was already at 24+ feet at 9 am this morning, expected to crest over 26 ft....later today

My youngest daughter just lost power around 5 am, she and my granddaughter are doing good

Their Mom's business started flooding yesterday in Jacksonville... then had a tree limbs come through her roof into her kitchen this morning....

Crap happens..... If you evacuated, I would probably wait a good 6 to 7 days if not longer, depending on how bad your area got hit...

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
We have an office building on Grand Turk in the Turks and Caicos Islands.

Yes, we still have it.

Hurricane Ike destroyed it in 2008 (I think) and when we rebuilt it we did so with a BIG hurricane in mind.  I was moaning and groaning about the cost at the time.

Grand Turk was in the worst quadrant of the storm when Irma hit them.  It hit as a Cat 5 (which starts at 157 mph) with 185mph sustained winds with gusts to 220mph.

All comms are down but one of our managers has a Sat phone (for just this reason) so we know that all our staff are safe and that the office building has minimal damage (some leaking in the kitchen area apparently). 

I don't quite honestly understand how everyone made it through that, we'll see what injuries and damage there is before getting too excited.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2017, 11:39:42 AM »
I'm getting some word from places on Provo that made it thru pretty well.  Being on the leeward side helped I'm sure but they'll be planting trees instead of burying humans.

I was just there 2 weeks ago and the next trip down was supposed to be November. I'm sure it'll get moved up now but I'm not getting much for human loss right this moment with our affiliations.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »
Apparently the TCI government did a stellar job in getting everyone prepared and helping to keep them safe.  Good to hear.  The governor has stated there have been no fatalities in the TCI.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:26:21 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
Hoping all of you in Florida made it through OK, with not too much damage....

My oldest daughter lives in Middleburg, Fl on Black Creek at North Fork.... She probably has lost everything pretty much... Flood level was already at 24+ feet at 9 am this morning, expected to crest over 26 ft....later today

My youngest daughter just lost power around 5 am, she and my granddaughter are doing good

Their Mom's business started flooding yesterday in Jacksonville... then had a tree limbs come through her roof into her kitchen this morning....

Crap happens..... If you evacuated, I would probably wait a good 6 to 7 days if not longer, depending on how bad your area got hit...

TC

I am not sure if this post I am doing right now is ok or not, if not please remove it Skuzzy

Here is a link ( with picture of my Daughter's place ) to the gofundme page I asked my Oldest Daughter Jamie to create and send the link to me

Any help by anybody will be gratefully and extremely appreciated... any left over money will be donated to other Hurricane Irma and Harvey victims

https://www.gofundme.com/jpwwwz-starting-over-after-irma

Please keep praying for those that are suffering

TC / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
Link is closed

Thank everyone who has been sending me PMs and thank you for the prayers and thoughts and support for my oldest daughter, Jamie, Who lost nearly everything...

Her Aunt asked her to stop the gofundme page her Mom asked Jamie to make, because her Aunt Nikki has/had tallied up the loss of what was destroyed and started her a new one

TC / Johnny ( I will post the link to the page and share it on my Facebook page )

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2017, 05:57:57 PM »
I prepped for a cat-5 and getting jeers from workmates who think they did the correct thing because a small sliver of luck came their way.

I'm still glad it didn't hit here hard but these guys need a wake-up call.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2017, 06:20:18 PM »
I agree with you about the wake up call

Not sure how much more my oldest daughter can handle if another traumatizing event was to happen anytime soon

Last year she lost 2 births then after thanksgiving her ex wanted a divorce just after 5 yrs married (I actually was happy, but never told her) then Straight winds / tornadoes came through from storms from Louisiana and destroyed 1/2 the garage by dropping tree(s) that fell centering the garage and her Mazda 6 that was Parked just outside completely totally it this past February

Now total loss of the waterfront home she was renting on a lease... She was basically starting over since moving down there from NC after splitting with her ex

I can tell you this.... I have depleted all my finances, having to Max out 4 credit cards and even draw on my overdraft protection trying to help both of my daughters and granddaughter

Not much more I can do, since I'm disabled now (since 2009) and am trying to take care of 2 of my parents both with extremely bad health....

But I raised my girls to be strong and know how to keep moving forward...is frustrating and depressing, but we'll get through this

TC

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »
And there's more to come, possibly.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2017, 12:46:59 AM »
Maria just went from storm to cat 5 in ~40hours, hitting Puerto Rico and the Islands that were spared by Irma..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »
...and Turks and Caicos...again, it appears. :bhead