Author Topic: Not exactly training.. But maybe?  (Read 5587 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Not exactly training.. But maybe?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 12:01:45 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:03:17 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 01:05:19 PM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:03:32 AM by Skuzzy »
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2017, 01:07:08 PM »
By saying I've been playing for 8 years, when i was 12 years old playing for me was a 3 hour bombing run at 30k that missed the target by 3 miles, and driving tanks in first gear. LOL. I played again at like 18 for a few months, and now am back again. Never spending more than a few months at a time.

Easy fellas'... No need to compare cannon sizes. I never meant to start any conflict. We're all frienemies' here :)
<S>
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2017, 01:11:58 PM »
No worries, we have plenty of players who have played for years and don't understand the basics well enough to explain what they do in a fight. Don't take it personally.  :D  It just illustrates the point of learning what to practice before you practice.

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »
Oh yessir, no offense taken. I just didn't want you to think I've played steadily for 8 years and can't recognize the difference Lol.
I just seem to have a hard time applying what someones is telling me while I'm trying to out fly them/ train with them.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:04:16 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:04:34 AM by Skuzzy »
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 02:26:44 PM »
I never meant to start any conflict.

You didn't.

We're all frienemies' here :)

No we aren't.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 02:35:32 PM »
Exactly how is this conversation that has digressed helpful to the guy needing help?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 02:49:27 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:05:16 AM by Skuzzy »
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:05:32 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
Anyone online right now and want to go a few?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:05:54 AM by Skuzzy »
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 01:19:14 AM »
I've played this game on and off for about 8 years now, as I am by no means a pilot or have any kind of pilots experience (as also AH is the only flight sim I've played) The curve can be a bit taunting for me. I am a very competitive gamer, so it really becomes frustrating getting caught in situations and having no idea how to counter, or survive... Since a young age I have been fascinated with the German aspect of WW2 (strictly military, and non political obviously) so the 109's have always been my exclusive planes. Every once in a while I'll get bored and up a 152 or LA-7 for base defense, but almost 97% you'll catch me in a 109. With that being said, I still don't quite understand most ACM or tactics. I must say, my aim is above average, though that doesn't help much when you miss the few snapshot opportunities I get - if any. I would simply like to possibly observe, learn, and progress from a good 109 pilot, as there aren't many left (that I'm aware of) that have the patience, or time for a young learner. I don't necessarily mean 24/7 babysitting, but more of some 1v1's / winging as there aren't many that heed the DA call anymore, and all my old squadies have since left/been banned.. (lol) I understand that most 109's are best with speed, but i usually get caught turning, and trying to pull too much lead, as when I try to BnZ them, simply overshooting me get's old. Sorry for the novel, but if you read this and have the time, I would much appreciate some help. I really feel I could climb the ranks with a little direction, as a young whipper-snapper. Thanks!  :rock

Give me a few days to find some old post of mine. I've written a few longer write ups about the 109s. I also have a great film from the last combat challenge of me flying the G14 the whole time. I'll send you that when I get to my comp.  It may be useful to watch to see how to fight in furballs and maintain SA, while also getting kills. The 109 is one of the best counter puncher planes in the game. Learning defensive tactics like loaded rolls and getting opportunities for quick snap shots are a few keys to success. Learning to set up snapshots is extremely important for 109s. Throttle management (can't simply zoom dive around 500mph everywhere) and entering/escaping the furball are also very important tactics to the 109.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:24:37 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 01:46:54 AM »
Give me a few days to find some old post of mine. I've written a few longer write ups about the 109s. I also have a great film from the last combat challenge of me flying the G14 the whole time. I'll send you that when I get to my comp.  It may be useful to watch to see how to fight in furballs and maintain SA, while also getting kills. The 109 is one of the best counter puncher planes in the game. Learning defensive tactics like loaded rolls and getting opportunities for quick snap shots are a few keys to success. Learning to set up snapshots is extremely important for 109s. Throttle management (can't simply zoom dive around 500mph everywhere) and entering/escaping the furball are also very important tactics to the 109.
YES! Been "VIOLATED" by this "tater" chucking guy,more than I want to admit! He winged up with one of my squad mates, for a session about how to fly the 109. Was BWDelta. He had nothing but exhalations about their time together. Not to crap on any other 109 sticks but if I wanted to milk someones brain, would be Violator's. He gets my vote mainly because he is well above average in every ride I have ever seen him in. :rock  Plus I may just be trying to curry favor, as in take it easy on me? :uhoh Seriously though, he is a class act and while not a trainer...I think he should be!   On a different note. I know you are quite competitive but might want to ease up on the 200 vox. Just my opinion, You will attract more bees with honey, type thing. Its not that I see you taunting or bragging, but you are a wee bit antagonistic at times. I was in there with you yesterday, with the He who shall not be mentioned discussion happened but maybe just let it go before it gets too heated? Most of us have the same type of personality on this game and you wont change any minds, so why keep it going after it becomes so snarky? Not judging ONE BIT, just some advice  :old:  :salute   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain