Author Topic: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour  (Read 10468 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
You will also remember that the AvA arena in AW was a virtual ghost town, just like the AvA arena in here.

Apples and oranges.   The AvA settings are not the same as the MA beyond just sides-and-rides.

Players go where critical mass is and rarely venture (relatively speaking) out of that bubble.

When I joined WBs it was still fairly populated and had an AvA that was full all the time (with an empty MA).  Then for various reasons the MA became popular almost overnight and the AvA died.   The crowd just moved and that was that.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:07:04 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Hartmann

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2017, 08:55:58 PM »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2017, 01:32:31 AM »
So what if there are a lot of P-51D's flying?  There is nothing wrong with that.

That's the reason the playerbase is so low today - gameplay, because after years of playing many people found out what many people said over the years, and they left becuse nothing was changed.
The graphics improvement did not bring back many new players and they will not.

Look at counter strike, it's a game from from 1998, the graphics are very old, but the gameplay is same awesome as in the day and it has many players playing, and is one of top games played on Steam, the 3rd iteration CSGO has over 600,000 people playing at same time.
A game is about gameplay first.

For example, the P-38L is a late war P-38 but does not unbalance the game compared to the P-38J, a mid war plane.

A p-38L or J  unbalances the game vs spit 1  or I16, a early war plane.    late > mid > early

"Everyone" isn't flying late war planes,

Sorry but statistics and numbers tell the truth.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:41:48 AM by nugetx »

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2017, 01:42:40 AM »
Nuggs.. point luche at the score page..not sure he has been before ..stats are a little complicated for some...maybe a pie chart..wheres zack :old:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/scores/planes.php

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2017, 01:55:36 AM »
You will also remember that the AvA arena in AW was a virtual ghost town, just like the AvA arena in here.

I dont know, the AvA I remember always had over 100 people
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2017, 01:56:33 AM »
they left becuse nothing was changed.
the gameplay is same awesome as in the day

Didn't you just contradict yourself in the same post there bud?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2017, 01:57:00 AM »
Didn't you just contradict yourself in the same post there bud?

please re-read my post.....

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2017, 02:04:43 AM »
please re-read my post.....

I did. In your first example you said people left because nothing changed. In your second you said people stayed because nothing changed.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2017, 02:06:30 AM »
yak9T boom boom boom bang! :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2017, 02:08:08 AM »
I did. In your first example you said people left because nothing changed. In your second you said people stayed because nothing changed.

In Counter strike the gameplay is perfect, that is why it did not require changing and it has same high userbase.

In Aces High once people found out the same things which are being talked and talked over the years, and nothing is changed, they just leave.The proof is in the player numbers.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 02:11:48 AM »
To have a better gameplay experience, all Aces High would require is to have

- 2 sides
- main arena Axis vs Allies
- all planes with perks

Once the word would get out,the playerbase might keep on steadily increasing.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2017, 02:18:16 AM »
That's the reason the playerbase is so low today - gameplay, because after years of playing many people found out what many people said over the years,

Also this is logically flawed, and your inference does not flow with the observable evidence. If AH has persisted for what in game years amounts to hundreds of years, and it never changed (the core gameplay), why would the cause for drop in numbers suddenly imply because it hasn't changed is the cause. Surely other causes would be more likely: a shift in cultural values, different generation unaware of WWII, shortening attention spans making faster reward alternatives more attractive, more easily-accessible rewarding entertainment and so on...

You have to suport your premiss with evidence if you are going to draw inferences from it. Evidence and proof are different things by the way, but evidence > supposition > biased supposition.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »
The proof is in the player numbers.

The proof is not in the numbers. You're saying the numbers have dropped. The cause is the game is not how I'd like it to be and the proof for that is the numbers have dropped.

To have a better gameplay experience, all Aces High would require is to have

- 2 sides
- main arena Axis vs Allies
- all planes with perks

Once the word would get out,the playerbase might keep on steadily increasing.

Pure supposition. As a proof by contradiction (since your argument is of the 'for all' variety), I wouldn't care to see the change you propose. It's entirely irrelevant to my AH gameplay. Bet you're not even interested in hearing about that because it does not fit your narrative.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2017, 02:28:30 AM »
I wouldn't care to see the change you propose. It's entirely irrelevant to my AH gameplay. Bet you're not even interested in hearing about that because it does not fit your narrative.

I'm looking at perspective of thousands of people who play  ww2 flight sims.

This is what the flight simmers who play  games like il-2, cliffs, bos etc would like to see.  This is what people who play flight sims for over 20 years would like to see in a ww2 flight sim.

They do not get that from Aces High, they are not here - it's as simple as that.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2017, 02:37:59 AM »
I'm looking at perspective of thousands of people who play  ww2 flight sims.

How are you qualified to analyze their motivations and opinions? Are you uninterested, then, in the wishes and motivations of people who enjoy a 'less popular' gameplay (and some who have for decades)? It is simply decided by weight of numbers in your view?

This is what the flight simmers who play  games like il-2, cliffs, bos etc would like to see.  This is what people who play flight sims for over 20 years would like to see in a ww2 flight sim.

They do not get that from Aces High, they are not here - it's as simple as that.

So your position is the only explanation for the (relatively) recent drop in numbers of AH players is that it is different from other WWI / II flight simulators and if AH is to get more numbers it has to stop being different and conform to the core gameplay standard of things that are bigger than it? It's as simple as that?

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0