Author Topic: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks  (Read 4517 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:43:29 AM »
Hi all, I want to clarify a few things

1)
I now understand what Aces High is about, when I came at first I was looking for a more oriented WW2 game, and I wanted the game to look like WW2 but I know AH is not that and it would alienate the old playerbase. I respect the playerbase and all the users here that's why I stayed and am playing.

2)
Saying that, I think that Aces High could do with a few tweaks here and there to be more attractive to players, alleviate an issue concering the lower player numbers in arena and provide a different usage of planes compared to what is currently, so the underused planes on arena, are used also. I know this was talked about over different threads, but the information is so spread out it's hard to track of everything everywhere.

- Side balance

Side balance is tightly linked with the player numbers, new players stay or go depending on how attractive the game is at first. I know some will shudder at this, but bear with me.
When new players come to the game what is the first thing they see? $14.95 price tag - biggest turn off for new players today, I KNOW I KNOW but if you are still reading, please continue.A potential solution for this and the side balance is to have 1 plane free (others made some great suggestions like plane on rotation or 'plane of the week' so post them here!).
Freeloaders that would not pay could still play with the plane and maybe even subscribe from time to time, and others would have more time to play compared to 2 weeks to decide if they want to pay for the game, having more players would be a solution to the side balance problem.

If however the players numbers would not go up another solution to balancing the sides is to have 2 sides and a auto balancer. Fighting  38 vs 12 vs 18 is not fair for the side with lowest numbers. 2 sides would work much better with lower player numbers a 35 vs 35 would be fair and balanced, and if player numbers would go up again to the hundreds the game can always go back to 3 sides, right?

Auto balancer would be a great tool, it should automaticaly drop whole squads and single players that are entering the arena to the under populated side, to keep the numbers balanced.
Once players are on a side they have to commit to the side without the ability to change side so there is no side hopping unbalancing the game, the auto balancer could 'remember' them so it's not possible to change side for example for a day or two, and the new players who are entering the arena who are not yet 'commited' would be filling the under popped side.

- Perks

Perks on all planes have two purposes. To create a more fair match up on arena thus allowing the effective usage of earlier planes which in turn, makes the game utilise all the available game assets (the planes) as the players will have to progressively go through the planes starting from early war planes.
It would go together with players who are playing on the '1 free plane', because no matter if it would be a early or mid plane others would not have an unfair advantage over them.

'But I cannot fly my favourite ride when I log in on arena' - okay, we can do something here also.....

Pay to upgrade?  $1,99 to get 5 unlocks of your favourite ride ?
Weekly plane packs? $4,99 to get 3 brands of 5 plane uses, special deal ?

The game does not become pay to win, i repeat it DOES NOT, because anyone could still have the planes by playing and HTC would have a potential higher revenue $$$ - win win situation.

summarizing:

The game would get more players from '1 free plane', the arena would have a better balance (player and plane wise), and HTC would have potential higher revenue from the already paying customers who potentialy would pay for the 'favourite' ride.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:23:51 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: A few things......Nugetx, side balance, player numbers, perks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 03:30:36 AM »
clean up aisle 3..............
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 03:39:01 AM »
Pay to upgrade?  $1,99 to get 5 unlocks of your favourite ride ?
Weekly plane packs? $4,99 to get 3 brands of 5 plane uses, special deal ?

I realize people have different ideas of what "floats their boat", but I never understood paying real money for extra virtual "cartoon" crap. Too grounded in the real world, I guess.  :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 03:41:19 AM »
I realize people have different ideas of what "floats their boat", but I never understood paying real money for extra virtual "cartoon" crap. Too grounded in the real world, I guess.  :rolleyes:
You already are paying 15$ monthly, so what would be that extra 2$ if you really, really wanted to fly that favourite ride.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 03:43:34 AM »
With respect nugetx, what you suggest is to turn AH into Warthunder, or whatever it is called now. I do not like that game or its system.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 03:50:08 AM »
You already are paying 15$ monthly, so what would be that extra 2$ if you really, really wanted to fly that favourite ride.

You don't know my budget. That's why I like this game's payment system and cost. No extra virtual B.S.

Simple.
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 05:41:55 AM »
Dolby stop using some one else's Pc to write trolls  :)

Warblunder  :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 06:14:06 AM »
While many games use similar mechanics for convience, Aces High would still remain Aces High, there is no reason not to change something if it will make the gameplay better.
Having more players, balance on arena, a lot more planes used in majority would make up for better gameplay, and HTC could have more $$$ by the players who want their ride 'now'.

All I'm presenting are positives pro HTC and pro gameplay.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:15:44 AM by nugetx »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 08:59:05 AM »
The problem with your ideas is they WILL NOT WORK like you think they will.

[edit]

I had written a big thing about why your ideas wont work and tried to explain it in simple english, but Shidas right. You "know" you are right and will not look objectively at any explanation no matter how rational. Im done with your post.

Good luck with which ever game company you convince to screw up and follow your suggestions. 

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
How do you know they will not work?

I said why they will work, but no one said why they will not work. Saying 'they will not work' does not make them 'not work' lol.

Steam brought new players, this would also.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:22 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

IN...

Hey nugetx... I'll pay you 4.99 a month to go away  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
I do not like these suggestions, FWIW.

Firstly, the idea of side balancing is meaningless to me.  I don't care who "wins the war".  Any enjoyment I get out of AH is based on the localized situation around my plane/GV, and this is pretty much independent of side balancing.  I.e.; hordes will exist in any case, and having a "balancing" horde on "my" side is buys me nothing ITO my personal game play. 

So given that I don't really care about "balancing", limiting what I can do in the game to achieve it is not appealing. 

MH

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 10:06:07 AM »
Some people play the game, some play the BBS.    :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 10:21:37 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

IN...

Hey nugetx... I'll pay you 4.99 a month to go away  :aok

I'll pay him $5 a month to stay.   Your bid.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »
Steam brought new players, this would also.

Oh, the arrogance.

What is it with always doing what is easier and "critiquing" and lobbying another game company to death instead of taking this self-professed " all-knowing, all-seeing, 'godly' knowledge and experience" into creating your own venture?

Too challenging? Maybe doubt does exist in your thought process after all.
"The Ragged Irregulars"