Author Topic: THE FINAL SOLUTIONS  (Read 8935 times)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Re: THE FINAL SOLUTIONS
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
Which is exactly what is on Aces High    :O   

So do you hate or love Aces High? Make up your mind, you cannot hate game  which put lowest early plane vs late war plane  and love it at same time.
Read my post again.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:21 AM »
The same group continues to whine about exactly the same thing, over and over and over. They don't get it, never will. They should go and let the rest of us play in peace.

It looks like some already have. 

Also, you can play in peace...  Don't read the boards.  Skip posts you don't like.  Ignore.  Simple.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2017, 09:00:44 AM »
+1

Negative g cut out problems, weak guns, limited view, low performance are not fun for new players. Skilled pilots in late war planes and early war planes vs noobs in old crates does not seem fun for the new guys.

Which is why you offer several planes or a coup.e decent MW rides.   A Spit V would be perfect. 
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2017, 09:02:32 AM »
Been many months since I played but still pay my 14.99. The two reasons are side balance and player numbers. For months I have read the forums and done a lot of thinking. I was rooting for steam to be the much needed salvation for the Big Two. There are two even chess pieces that move differently but are of equal value, Knight and Bishop. Two countries fighting each other is as balanced as one could get. This game takes months to learn and years to master. All early war air craft and ground should be free to play. It really is that simple as a concept to solve the Big 2.

So, let me get this straight, you are judging gameplay by what others post on the forums because you are not playing?  The forum.  Really?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:43 AM »

It's fascinating that those guys who defend what is now currently don't see that they are killing the game, there can be nothing worse for gameplay than 38 vs 12 vs 18, it just makes people log off and not play,  and they are happy that they can shoot at an 'horde' and that they are outnumbered.  :rolleyes:

There is some truth to this.

And all this panic over freebie noobs in "inferior" rides...   When it's 38-12-18 they're gonna' have plenty of room.

Any way...these are just thoughts.  As Skuzzy said, you have no idea where the next good suggestion will come from.  Maybe it spurs an innovation somewhere.   Who knows?
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »
A less risky business venture would be for HTC to force the 49ers to play a certain way so the game as a whole would have a lot less dweebery.....

Just sayin'
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
You're a funny dweeb...
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
Any way...these are just thoughts.  As Skuzzy said, you have no idea where the next good suggestion will come from.  Maybe it spurs an innovation somewhere.   Who knows?

Some sources are more likely than others though...  ;) :bolt:

Every single game in history starts you from 'lowest'  where you 'rank up'.

Which is exactly what AH does.  The difference is, it's not the planes that rank up, it's the player.  This simple truth is what you fail to grasp, and it is the core of why your ideas are not applicable to AH.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
You're a funny dweeb...
I bet youre the type that leaves your own squaddies to save your own neck....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Some sources are more likely than others though...  ;) :bolt:

I'd say the hit % is low across the board.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
I'd say the hit % is low across the board.

Hehe.  Never said it wasn't.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2017, 01:43:18 PM »
I'm with others that handing out free rides in the MA of early model aircraft will NOT help with the gaming experience for n00bs.

I personally fly the Spit-V, not because it's easy, but it is hard. It's a challenge to kill a late model aircraft in the Spit-V. And I do it cause after flying Aces High for 17+ years, it's a 'challenge' that I seek out of the game.  And nothing brings me more glee than to shoot down a La-7, Spit-XIV, Yak-3, or a P-51D because they forget the fighting performance the Spit-V (or the Spit 8) actually has.

Making aircraft 'FREE' - then we're no better than WarBlunder and it goes against the principle of try it free for a couple weeks and if you like what you see, sign up. If you don't, move along.

Going back to the original post - 2 sided area... you do know we already have a 2-sided arena? The AvA is there - most don't fly in it because they want to fly what they want to fly, not stuck in a '1943 historical match-up'. Which is a shame because it's a lot of fun and challenging! It's there you get to fly the Spit-V matched against the 109 Frank. Or a F4F/F6F versus the Zero and the Zeke. Or the 109-K4 vs the P-51D/Tempest/P-47M. All as it was during WWII.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:46:42 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:38 PM »

wow..that was close
I almost fed the troll..
Getting fed up of those big steamers on the lawn too..
Right..nothing to see here..moving on
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:39:48 PM by JimmyC »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »

That's why no one uses early and mid war planes,  because they have the 'end planes' unlocked. Those of you who care so much about 'new players dying in early war planes' just speak baloney.

You make blanket statements without any proof to back up your claims.  No one flies early or mid war planes in the MA?  HiTech already has shown your claim to be false when he posted the plane usage for a complete tour.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »

It's fascinating that those guys who defend what is now currently don't see that they are killing the game, there can be nothing worse for gameplay than 38 vs 12 vs 18, it just makes people log off and not play,  and they are happy that they can shoot at an 'horde' and that they are outnumbered.  :rolleyes:

What you don't see is that your ideas are bad for the game and game play.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song