Author Topic: THE FINAL SOLUTIONS  (Read 8949 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: THE FINAL SOLUTIONS
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »
Two countries will kill this game.

With two countries the majority who are not of the personality type in games like Lazerr will have no breathing space. Popping their head up to do anything casually like they can today will result in them getting killed because now they cannot hide from the Lazerrs. Hitech will have to force everyone to be Lazerr fodder or quit the game. Having their back always to a wall will drive away more players than it will attract. And Hitech will have to impose ruthless side balancing against his subscribers wishes so the Melee arena doesn't turn into the AvA or WW1 arenas with the side balancing problems there. That's why a two sided WW2 war like Vraicu keeps harping about will also kill Aces High. If a two sided war was the solution, the players who show up for 3 Fridays a month to play WW2 on Friday nights would have lobbied Hitech years ago to convert the Melee arena into a WW2 live 24x7 arena.

You cannot force players to fight in AH3 like it is a 24x7 winner take all combat game and expect to keep any numbers. Force is what Hitech doesn't do that makes this sandbox world work. I doubt the game will die as easily as Lazerr is dooming, I think Lazerr is angry at Hitech for not "Forcing" his paying customers to play the game Lazerr's way.

There is a lot of this out of game vets who want AH3 to be exactly like AH2 a decade ago and blame Hitech for that not happening.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Two countries will kill this game.

(Munch)

That's why a two sided WW2 war like Vraicu keeps harping about will also kill Aces High.

Yeah, because the three-sided war isn't killing the game, right?   (And I'm hardly alone in advocating for a two-sided MA as things stand now.)

You cannot force players to fight in AH3 like it is a 24x7 winner take all combat game and expect to keep any numbers. Force is what Hitech doesn't do that makes this sandbox world work. I doubt the game will die as easily as Lazerr is dooming, I think Lazerr is angry at Hitech for not "Forcing" his paying customers to play the game Lazerr's way.

There is a lot of this out of game vets who want AH3 to be exactly like AH2 a decade ago and blame Hitech for that not happening.

He is "forcing" a three-sided war, so yes, he does force his paying customers to play a certain way--his way.  That's his right as the owner, of course, but let's not pretend the option is the customer's.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
Oh, and on these massive maps it is quite easy to hide.  Trust me, lack of hiding is not the issue.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 10:23:02 PM »
Who are the lazerrs of the game?

The ones that play all aspects of the game?

Get a clue.

And a post about his new map in 3...2...1...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2017, 10:48:08 PM »
Who are the lazerrs of the game?

The ones that play all aspects of the game?

Get a clue.

And a post about his new map in 3...2...1...

Drop the mic and walk away.    :rofl
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2017, 11:40:35 PM »
The same group continues to whine about exactly the same thing, over and over and over. They don't get it, never will. They should go and let the rest of us play in peace.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2017, 12:40:23 AM »
Yes :)

It's because no one in real listens to them :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »
The same group continues to whine about exactly the same thing, over and over and over. They don't get it, never will. They should go and let the rest of us play in peace.

When I wanted to play today I logged in to see 15 people online...... who am I supposed to shoot at ?   Bomb factory ? I can do that in a single player game.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2017, 04:04:02 AM »
First off, I haven't been in this game as long as most of you. So I have a bit of a hard time seeing the "problems" some of you have. How is a Three sided war killing the game? There is absolutely nothing stopping you from doing just about any thing you want,imho. Its fairly easy too kick up a fight in my experience. Every country gets double teamed at some point. One day its Knits, next is Rook,and so on. In my opinion, the thing killing the game is "Chess Piece Loyalty". I understand why that is the case! Folk just dont want to miss out flying with squad mates if their members are on before the 6 hour "country swap" is over.  I also understand that more than a small number would never change sides due to their absolute dis like of some players on the other sides.   I guess the Human nature takes over for some? We are designed to be Tribal in nature, so it makes sense.  There is nothing stopping you from starting a fight at the other front though. So it comes down to how much do you put up with before you do what is needed to change the situation. For example, If bish are getting doubled some could go Knit or Rook and attack them on THEIR second front. True, it may be only 1 or 2 guys willing to swap countries but pretty sure it would help out in hindering the gang bang. The only person that controls your fun in here is YOURSELF. If 6 hours is too long to commit your self to change the situation, then its hard for me to give sympathy. You could always get your guys to swap to your current country, if that is your issue. Another thing, pretty sure some folk would probably do this if not for all the Richards werent constantly lighting up chn 200 with"SPY SPY SPY" They may have swapped to help balance out the game...WHICH WOULD be beneficial to your situation. 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2017, 04:50:14 AM »
Every country gets double teamed at some point. One day its Knits, next is Rook,and so on.

No, no, no.

It's always us getting ganged by them. Always!  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »
I don't think giving someone a free low-end plane to die in, over and over, will help player retention.  That's not fun, and people have other gaming options. 

FWIW, the only solution to your problem may be to learn to enjoy gameplay while outnumbered, and forget "winning the war" if your on the outnumbered side.  If you just focus on your individual plane or GV, there are plenty of goals you can achieve.  There always will be opportunities for a skilled player to pick away at the horde.  And if you're not that skilled, then becoming so is an additional goal to achieve.
+1

Negative g cut out problems, weak guns, limited view, low performance are not fun for new players. Skilled pilots in late war planes and early war planes vs noobs in old crates does not seem fun for the new guys.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:26:16 AM by asterix »
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2017, 05:37:25 AM »
Every single game in history starts you from 'lowest'  where you 'rank up'.

Have you ever seen a game where you start from 'the end' ?  Where your character has everything ?   no !  because it's bad for gameplay.

That's why no one uses early and mid war planes,  because they have the 'end planes' unlocked. Those of you who care so much about 'new players dying in early war planes' just speak baloney.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:39:21 AM by nugetx »

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2017, 05:57:29 AM »
Every single game in history starts you from 'lowest'  where you 'rank up'.

Have you ever seen a game where you start from 'the end' ?  Where your character has everything ?   no !  because it's bad for gameplay.

That's why no one uses early and mid war planes,  because they have the 'end planes' unlocked. Those of you who care so much about 'new players dying in early war planes' just speak baloney.
I hate those games that put lowest rank vehicles against top rank unless I choose so for increased challenge. I play AH because I absolutely love this game and this is the only online game I play at present. Sure there are some minor things I would like different, but the big picture is awesome. I put myself into the position of a new player and I would hate this game if I had to fly those old crates against vets. Only after a lot of experience I found Spit 1 worth to fly even in special events because I had a lot of difficulty with it. Veterans flying early war planes for challenge against late war planes and late war planes against late war planes seems a better gameplay.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:50 AM »
Yeah, because the three-sided war isn't killing the game, right?   (And I'm hardly alone in advocating for a two-sided MA as things stand now.)

He is "forcing" a three-sided war, so yes, he does force his paying customers to play a certain way--his way.  That's his right as the owner, of course, but let's not pretend the option is the customer's.

It's fascinating that those guys who defend what is now currently don't see that they are killing the game, there can be nothing worse for gameplay than 38 vs 12 vs 18, it just makes people log off and not play,  and they are happy that they can shoot at an 'horde' and that they are outnumbered.  :rolleyes:

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:21 AM »
I hate those games that put lowest rank vehicles against top rank unless I choose so for increased challenge..

Which is exactly what is on Aces High    :O   

So do you hate or love Aces High? Make up your mind, you cannot hate game  which put lowest early plane vs late war plane  and love it at same time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:09:44 AM by nugetx »