Author Topic: Sunset issues  (Read 831 times)

Offline Beau

• Zinc Member
Sunset issues
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »
With the new fix for issues with score sheets not closing.........they are still not closing. With VR you have to take the headset off and close it from the desk top, you cant do it with the head set on.
Also, since the push to make the game appealing to VR users the night time issue is a big handicap to said users.  Where those without VR can adjust gamma settings to adjust the lighting VR users are not afforded this little hack. Anyone trying to use VR when the sun even begins to start going down is handicapped, and this is true for at least an hour before the sun goes down and at least an hour after it struggles its way into the sky. Forget targeting anything once the sun finally goes down. So VR users are forced to work in from very dim conditions to outright unmanagable conditions for probably close to 2 hours. Those without Vr are not handicapped in this way. With VR not being that clear with images to begin with, the added sun issues cause me to just leave the game until I can see again. Sorry but this will and does turn VR users off.

1old,grouchy,coot

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: Sunset issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 02:22:39 PM »
COOOOT! It's not that bad! I have Oculus and I don't find sunset and night to be that bad. I do find it to be realistic, which I like.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
You could go into Graphics Card Settings to change stuff like Gamma. I know you can with NVIDIA. I cant handle BRIGHT Light its an MS thing. Si I changed my color scheme and contrast, gamma setting for AH3 with Nvidia control panel :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Beau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:19:07 AM »
Changing gamma settings in nvidea does nothing for changing the lighting issue in VR. All it does is make the desktop view brighter. If this issue doesnt bother any other VR users then I will just be quiet about it and continue to log off when I can no longer see what Im trying to hit. No big deal.
Love coot :rolleyes:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 02:56:49 PM »
Changing gamma settings in nvidea does nothing for changing the lighting issue in VR. All it does is make the desktop view brighter. If this issue doesnt bother any other VR users then I will just be quiet about it and continue to log off when I can no longer see what Im trying to hit. No big deal.
Love coot :rolleyes:
You could go into Graphics Card Settings to change stuff like Gamma. I know you can with NVIDIA. I cant handle BRIGHT Light its an MS thing. Si I changed my color scheme and contrast, gamma setting for AH3 with Nvidia control panel :aok
You have to change NVIDIA by DISPLAY PORT, Oculus is port specific with changes. It absolutely helps, OTHERWISE i would not have suggested it Sir :aok Alot of info on setting in this thread if you want to research it.Some here have been working through these issues for about a year now. So far this thread IS NOT like some others where you will get the answer ALT-F4 for issues. If you see an answer here, you can count on it being a solution for most if not ALL
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:01:42 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:07 AM »
Yes many air to air shots near the ground are blind shots even at 200.  The P47 with default convergence gives you shotgun effect so that can help.

The gamma setting in plain ah has always been a gamer setting.  Not sure why htc leaves it in the game.