Author Topic: Oculus version total reinstall now has issues  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Oculus version total reinstall now has issues
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:29:28 PM »
I completely reinstalled my aces high from scratch today and now have a few of the reported issues.

1) taking off the oculus rift headset now results in the desktop window acting like it would with non oculus which never worked for me before. (so now it works as expected  :aok)

2) i'm now getting the previously reported pauses during gameplay where the window just freezes for like 2 seconds. (i never used to at all. Not sure if related to #1 but seems like it could be)

3) no matter how many times i check the boxes to turn off those clipboard help videos they never go away. (and i can't remember the file to make them shut up)
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Oculus version total reinstall now has issues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:29:01 PM »
Do you see the hourglass with the pauses?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
I believe it IS related to #1. If I never remove headset,I DO NOT HAVE the hour glass pauses. Once I do remove headset, even just a second or 2 to adjust eyeglasses, the pauses start. :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:23:47 AM »
I completely reinstalled my aces high from scratch today and now have a few of the reported issues.

1) taking off the oculus rift headset now results in the desktop window acting like it would with non oculus which never worked for me before. (so now it works as expected  :aok)

2) i'm now getting the previously reported pauses during gameplay where the window just freezes for like 2 seconds. (i never used to at all. Not sure if related to #1 but seems like it could be)

3) no matter how many times i check the boxes to turn off those clipboard help videos they never go away. (and i can't remember the file to make them shut up)

The file you need to add is VR_newuserno.cfg , the value in the file needs to be 0 to make the vids go away.

When you uncheck the change to desktop setting in AH it helped to me to restart Oculus and AH after unchecking.

Hope this helps
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 07:14:02 AM »
i had to create the newuserno.cfg and then it created the VR_newuserno.cfg the next time i checked the boxes.

pretty sure, i futzed with it a lot .

Thanks McShark!!   :cheers:

FLS, not sure on the hourglass, next time i fly i'll look. Not sure when that'll be.  :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
i had to create the newuserno.cfg and then it created the VR_newuserno.cfg the next time i checked the boxes.

pretty sure, i futzed with it a lot .

Thanks McShark!!   :cheers:

FLS, not sure on the hourglass, next time i fly i'll look. Not sure when that'll be.  :cheers:

:aok
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »
Btw if you are haveing the hour glass trouble, disable the auto mode switch, restart and test again for me please.

HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »
i will def be checking this after work today.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »
 :aok Will do, Sir
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 04:31:18 PM »
Okay my results are no hourglass.  The window just freezes for a moment off centered like it does when you pull the headset off/put it back on.

i tried both with vr mirror enabled and disabled, didn't make a difference.

took off my headset a few times during the flight so the screen on my monitor would go to desktop window for aces high, then put it back on.  views froze twice. No hour glass was visible.

It Looks exactly like what it looks like, when you put the headset back on after taking it off mid flight. The view is like off center and frozen for a moment.

I then exited the game.

launched it again and went back in and flew some more never taking my headset off and the view didn't stick at all the whole time.

When i was never getting the pauses, my vr window also never went to the new desktop mode.

Even after the patch came out to make it go to desktop mode, mine never did. Just to be sure that's clear.

Only after reinstalling from scratch (after complete removal of aces high from my machine) did it start going to full window desktop mode. So it would see there was some prexisting file that's related to that process that never got overwritten on my machine until it was deleted first and then overwritten.

that's my guess.

seems like going to that desktop mode triggers it and then it happens like 10 - 15 mins mins later, momentary freeze and then again 10 -15 mins later  (twice within one sortie)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:32:53 PM by Kanth »

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 05:18:50 PM »
Btw if you are haveing the hour glass trouble, disable the auto mode switch, restart and test again for me please.

HiTech

Thats what I did and since then I have no issues.

To me the back to desktop setting throws something off in Occulus triggering freezes. After shutting that down, restart Oculus and AH issues were gone.

Edit:

To narrow things down. After the patch when you implemented the 2 D back to desktop option I had nonissues whatsoever. After disabling the option and going back to flying, I had the hourglass. Turned option back on to no improvement, still hourglass. Disabled the option again and restarted Occulus and AH and after that trouble free. Since then I stay away from the setting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:24:49 PM by McShark »
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 11:09:08 PM »
Thats what I did and since then I have no issues.

To me the back to desktop setting throws something off in Occulus triggering freezes. After shutting that down, restart Oculus and AH issues were gone.

Edit:

To narrow things down. After the patch when you implemented the 2 D back to desktop option I had nonissues whatsoever. After disabling the option and going back to flying, I had the hourglass. Turned option back on to no improvement, still hourglass. Disabled the option again and restarted Occulus and AH and after that trouble free. Since then I stay away from the setting.
YUP,same with me. Disabled the "AUTO MODE SWITCH" no hour glass. I did have 2 or 3 pauses/stutters but no "Hour Glass". I really like the "A Switch Mode" though, its not really all that much of an issue and will deal with it. Well, hasnt been a BIG issue. I mean havent crashed or anything because of it...yet :uhoh I just hold off on removing headset,as much as possible. Doent start till I do remove it.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 10:13:23 AM »
Yes i rarely remove my headset so really it won't be much of an issue. Having the desktop mode is much more helpful than the freezes are a hindrance  for sure.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
Yes i rarely remove my headset so really it won't be much of an issue. Having the desktop mode is much more helpful than the freezes are a hindrance  for sure.
I am fairly good at paying attention :uhoh...Just noticed that you dropped the "CM IN TRAINING" to just CM STAFF :banana:  CONGRATULATIONS    If it was some time ago...I said FAIRLY good,at paying attention  :x

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:32 PM »
Thanks, it was actually today. very observant.  :cheers: