Author Topic: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?  (Read 18263 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Oh oh oh stop bud stop, I can't cope with the deluge of well argued and evidenced points and nothing made up out of thin air at all  :rolleyes:  Really is like talking to a wall trying to have a discussion with you. About as much fun too. You carry on bud. Don't let me or anyone else burst your bubble that you're an unrivalled master when it comes to game design and ACM for that matter too. What a legend!  :rofl

I thought Ack-Ack's findings were valuable and actionable. Absolutely sincere offer - if I can help with any design work - especially if you're looking for something innovative then my design and especially ideation skills are at your disposal free of charge. I can make time. Trust me on this - you need someone thinking far from the coding & engineering perspective to solve those user-experiece issues. That's me  :banana:  Entirely up to you, no offence either way if you're not interested. I can PM my qualifications especially my most recent one is pertinent and you can decide if my skillset is any use to you. Wouldn't hurt to talk. Let me know.

And what proof do you have with 0 #s in the arena, Mr. Smart guy? You spend all your time in the match play arena that had less people than it did before any changes.

I'm happy to go to the DA and teach you some some real lessons about ACM  since you consider yourself to be so high and mighty in the only arena you play in.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2017, 05:51:56 PM »
In before the lock!!! :x
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »
I'm happy to go to the DA and teach you some some real lessons about ACM  since you consider yourself to be so high and mighty in the only arena you play in.

edit.......  Nevermind!

:salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
Why am I am the only one who's not allowed to be a dick?

What more proof do you need that the current MPA has suffered and needs to be looked at?

How can anyone say it's "okay" just leaving it like it is?

I can't physically change the MPA. The only thing I can do is gripe about it.

I can't open a custom arena because I don't play all day. It's not about "my arena", it's about having it for the community. There needs to be a free fight arena/area. Very simple.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 06:30:43 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2017, 12:42:40 AM »
Mr. Smart guy?

You say that like it's a bad thing  :)  Just like in ACM everything's relative however  :frown:

You spend all your time in the match play arena that had less people than it did before any changes.

Well not anymore. Just because something happens at roughly the same time does not mean it was caused by that other thing. It is a subtle but significant point of logic. Ideating (creating ideas and solutions) from a flawed analysis or starting point amplifies the issues with any proposition exponentially from that point out. Like a branch getting thinner and thinner the farther it gets from its host. That's why Ack-Ack's findings are so significant. That is data from the primary source. Gold dust feedback from the target user group. Long-term players are of lesser value on this point.

Why am I am the only one who's not allowed to be a dick?

I don't think you're a dick buddy. I just think you're a bit misguided thinking that being a good stick translates into knowing how to bring more players in an evolving, inconstant environment. Oh and you're a noob at reasoned argument. I don't know what your education level is. Mine's waaaay too high. I have four degrees. A mixture of sciences and arts. I was professionally trained to analyse contradictory problems & make inferences and ideate. In both a scientific and artistic way. Unfair fight of course. I still love you though even if you're an uneducated country bumpkin (no homo)  :D

What more proof do you need that the current MPA has suffered and needs to be looked at?

The DA numbers declined at a faster rate as the general population declined and experienced the tipping point of uncritical mass before the other arenas. I witnessed it. I was there almost everyday, starting just as most Americans were headed off to bed and often ending just as your primetime really got busy for years. Tempest time was the marking point for the end of the 'Breakfast Club' phase. Many of those regulars were the old H2H crowd. Because there were always people in there, there were always people in there. A lot of new players came there. I helped a lot, taught a lot of basics to a lot of people, including Midway (sorry about that, lolz). Occasionally an MA superstar would show up, but mostly only after an arena reset. Let's be frank, most MA players looked down on the furball crowd. I got quite a shock when I first went to the MA because the fighting spirit and ACM was cack by comparison. The condescension was completely unfounded.

How can anyone say it's "okay" just leaving it like it is?

No one's saying that it's okay with no numbers. It's unplayable on my timezone of course, as I have accepted. While you're in your US Timezone seeing it coming it has already happened to me (and Lusche for another example). Aces High has gone away from us. One possibility you must face however is that there are problem domains with no solution. AH's fate might already be sealed by other more readily availably instantly-accessible ego-stroking activities. I said might. Overswings are very nice opportunities.

There needs to be a free fight arena/area. Very simple.

Finally you're saying something productive. Well there might be something in that. Might put something on the Wishlist tomorrow. Not terribly encouraged with the likelyhood of it being considered at this point TBH.

So I'm suspecting I have an insight into your value system here. You-have-to-be-good-to-be-anything sort of theme implying little equality and an exclusively hierarchical worldview. I myself do not view or experience the world this way. I don't believe I've ever claimed to be high and mighty about ACM even with the full self-knowledge that I can be antagonistic sometimes. Especially to some people apparently. I have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of teaching myself to fly to a reasonably high level. I dare you however to find a single example of me smack-talking or holding that over another player. Often I end up helping. Or used to anyway.

I'm inferring your implication here is to 'teach me a lesson' for giving you a hard time. I understand that. But you should know that we have fought several times during my Bill & Ted's intensive guitar-training ACM phase where I went off by myself to discover the kind of ACM that some of the top players have been taught. So I do not speak in ignorance when I say I think we are approximately equals in ACM and I do not presently consider you could teach me anything in that regard. You can take that statement anyway you wish.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:48:33 AM by nrshida »
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Chewie

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
 :rofl Man, how did this thing get WAY off track?   :bhead
23 Years MO Air Guard.  C-130s.  5 Years USMC Aviation. "Sir! I flunked Flank School!"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2017, 07:08:00 AM »
When it became very important to convince a delusional person that they are delusional.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2017, 08:38:30 AM »
Aces high. The only the game in history where you can statistically and consistently perform the highest in multiple types of arenas and game play, but still not "understand" the game play and how it flows...

Nrshida says, you can't identify or correlate # swings after a change has been made? That's your arguement... and it's most certainly not anything a 12 year vet would see who statically shows they understand the game play. Buzzsaw is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The #¢ dropped by 20-30 players every time that arena was on. If you can't see that, y'all need to analyze the game more closely.

And I'm the delusional one.

I've made over 6 solutions on how to make the mpa arena more actionable. Don't tell me I have only made one.

Nrshida.  Shade account one time in one plane doesn't count. Id love to see your understanding of the game play in the MA or other arenas like Combat Challenges. See, the difference is, I can use my in game stats to show that I understand the game and play it well enough to even get #1 fighter last month. Top 5 k/d in CC, highest K/S in CC. 2nd highest landed kils in a single sortie. In every other game around the world, that equals undertsanding the game play the best. I went 200-7 in a tempest in the MA and beat Kruel in a bet. What do you have to show for your conclusions about the game?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:51:02 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »
Nrshida says, you can't identify or correlate # swings after a change has been made? That's your arguement...

It's not my argument, it's the way to unravel yours. You can do what you're trying to do if you can establish a link between the change being the causation of the observed effect, which you can't. In this case there are far too many other variables. It's not my opinion stating that by the way. That's a basic tenet of scientific reasoning.

Nrshida.  Shade account one time in one plane doesn't count.

It was three times in the MA actually and I wasn't flying my Ki-84 on any of those occasions. And don't even try to tell me you never shade. I know better. Players like you encouraged me to do it in the first place (read further). I know it's a small dataset but 3-0 is still a 100% win record for me and a 100% lose record for you. Therefore my knowledge of the game is waaaaaay better than you. So be quiet and listen to whatever I say. By the way you've got a real potty mouth when you get shot down sometimes. I might have been 12 for all you knew. Shocking insults and I never said a single word to you just outflew you and shot you down. You shouldn't get so angry over a game bud.

I went 200-7 in a tempest in the MA and beat Kruel in a bet.

You flying (arguably) the best propellor-driven (perked) plane in the planeset against typical MA planes proves you know more than Dale about how to run his game? Fascinating. I suppose Dale has, in theory, unlimitted perks. Strange he hasn't tried your method.

What do you have to show for your conclusions about the game?

I had loads of fun stall-fighting everything I could find  :banana:  I don't need to show anything old bean, I'm not trying to cite in game 'accomplishments' ( :rofl) as justification for my superior understanding.

Anyway. As exciting and non-repetative as this discussion is, you're clearly not interested in listening or improving yourself and I think I've said all I need to say on this subject. So let's just leave it there. By all means go ahead and have the last word if it makes you feel better. Quite used to that emotional response. I think this thread's pretty done. Unless you want to tell us about this time you outran a P-51D in an Me262 and now you know what's wrong with the world economy.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »
Please, no!! Don't "leave it there" . :pray  At least keep it going to Friday.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »
Please, no!! Don't "leave it there" . :pray  At least keep it going to Friday.

Seriously bud, if you or someone else responsible can just point out earlier when I get embroiled in these kind of pointless, non-progressing,  'frog-boiling' debates I'd really appreciate it. Just say 'klaatu barada nikto' and I'll stand down. It'd really help. Thanks.

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
Seriously bud, if you or someone else responsible can just point out earlier when I get embroiled in these kind of pointless, non-progressing,  'frog-boiling' debates I'd really appreciate it. Just say 'klaatu barada nikto' and I'll stand down. It'd really help. Thanks.

But...  There's no entertainment value in doing that.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2017, 10:59:55 AM »
It's not my argument, it's the way to unravel yours. You can do what you're trying to do if you can establish a link between the change being the causation of the observed effect, which you can't. In this case there are far too many other variables. It's not my opinion stating that by the way. That's a basic tenet of scientific reasoning.

It was three times in the MA actually and I wasn't flying my Ki-84 on any of those occasions. And don't even try to tell me you never shade. I know better. Players like you encouraged me to do it in the first place (read further). I know it's a small dataset but 3-0 is still a 100% win record for me and a 100% lose record for you. Therefore my knowledge of the game is waaaaaay better than you. So be quiet and listen to whatever I say. By the way you've got a real potty mouth when you get shot down sometimes. I might have been 12 for all you knew. Shocking insults and I never said a single word to you just outflew you and shot you down. You shouldn't get so angry over a game bud.

You flying (arguably) the best propellor-driven (perked) plane in the planeset against typical MA planes proves you know more than Dale about how to run his game? Fascinating. I suppose Dale has, in theory, unlimitted perks. Strange he hasn't tried your method.

I had loads of fun stall-fighting everything I could find  :banana:  I don't need to show anything old bean, I'm not trying to cite in game 'accomplishments' ( :rofl) as justification for my superior understanding.

Anyway. As exciting and non-repetative as this discussion is, you're clearly not interested in listening or improving yourself and I think I've said all I need to say on this subject. So let's just leave it there. By all means go ahead and have the last word if it makes you feel better. Quite used to that emotional response. I think this thread's pretty done. Unless you want to tell us about this time you outran a P-51D in an Me262 and now you know what's wrong with the world economy.

Prove I shade. Never have. That's a false claim.

Prove you killed me 3 times in the MA. And all you know is the Ki84. I fly at least 5-10 planes a month and have more experience and kills in those planes based on in gameplay achievements. I have over 2500 kills in 4 categories, including Mid war planes.

Prove that you can achieve a higher K/D with as many kills in the easy mode plane and maybe I'll take your comments seriously.

It's easy to make baseless claims and then act superior with the false logic that changes don't have an effect on player #s.

I'm not telling Dale how to run his game. Im telling him that changes do have an impact on player #s. Lack of action has an effect on player #s. And the current changes to the MPA while in some cases are cool. Need to be adjusted. This is an arena that I cannot make changes to. Only Dale can do that. The MPA is half way done. It could add lot more players and be a great part of the game but it's lacking in key areas by not supporting free fly and not supporting team choice for squad battles.

Nrshida if you can't statistically prove you understand the game in any way. What makes any of your arguements hold weight over mine. That's the most illogical part of this debate.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:14:33 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »
Nrshida if you can't statistically prove you understand the game in any way.

Neither can't you.
Being number 1 in fighter doesn't prove any kind of understanding of gameplay design or running a business.

By the way, your stats you are using to 'prove' your superior knowledge about the workings of AH are rather cute. Maybe I should go down that route and post mine, so would have to bow before me and step aside everytime I post something about how to fix Aces High. After all, K/D, # of kills and stuff really show who's qualified, don't they? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
would have to bow before me and step aside everytime I post something about how to fix Aces High.

I think we kind of do that anyway, Lusche.

After all, you have the data.

- oldman