Author Topic: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?  (Read 18264 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: FREE Aces High? New way to get fresh players?
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »
I admit that I didn't read every page of this thread, I lost it after the back and forth started, but I still believe a full game similar to what AW had, choose the plane choose a mission, would allow new players to learn the game and get the thrill of kills "offline" before they hit the main arena and go live, generate an interest, I still played those long after I knew my way around AW.

To boot I would suggest that players who bought the "full game" could have the pricing modified/discounted for a time period instead of $15.00 a month to start

my 2 cents
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 12:37:24 PM »

Neither can't you.
Being number 1 in fighter doesn't prove any kind of understanding of gameplay design or running a business.

By the way, your stats you are using to 'prove' your superior knowledge about the workings of AH are rather cute. Maybe I should go down that route and post mine, so would have to bow before me and step aside everytime I post something about how to fix Aces High. After all, K/D, # of kills and stuff really show who's qualified, don't they? ;)

Lmao. Fine. Leave the #s dying then. You all are seriously irrational. It's almost sad. I'm sorry you all support the degradation of AH. Congratulations. I blame it on yall.

Lusche, I will use your #s to prove my point.

How can you people be so blind and arrogant and act all smart?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2017, 12:38:08 PM »
After all, you have the data.

I wish I had "the" data. But HTC doesn't grant me access to that   :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »
How can you people be so blind and arrogant and act all smart?

You might find the answer of to this question within yourself, young Jedi  :old:

Remeber, you are tho one trying to prove your expertise over other players on your K/D. But then, once someone showing up offering to play along, he's seriously irrational.  :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:41:27 PM by Lusche »

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »
I admit that I didn't read every page of this thread, I lost it after the back and forth started, but I still believe a full game similar to what AW had, choose the plane choose a mission, would allow new players to learn the game and get the thrill of kills "offline" before they hit the main arena and go live, generate an interest, I still played those long after I knew my way around AW.

To boot I would suggest that players who bought the "full game" could have the pricing modified/discounted for a time period instead of $15.00 a month to start

my 2 cents

This is probably the best idea I've heard -- yes, there are missions to download, but it's rather tedious to load and setup and do all that, especially for someone who's never flown the game.  I think having an "Offline Mission" area with say 5-10 preloaded missions to choose from would be the way to go.  This give the "F2P" offline version to players as well so it doesn't seem as bait and switchy, and also gives them the ability to learn the game outside of being whack a moled in the MA.

I think a few part training missions would be great too.  I'm not sure of the logistics of creating an audio file to coincide with the flow of the mission and how difficult it would be, but I think if these two things could be implemented, it would at least give tools to players and also allow them to free play offline if they with not as much difficulty as there is currently.

Also -- I'm not sure how the 2 weeks works, but it definitely shouldn't start until they login to the MA for the first time.  Creating an account and using F2P shouldn't start the countdown.  It offers too much incentive to jump right into the lions den unprepared.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2017, 12:42:44 PM »
Agree 100% Hungry! I used the trainer missions in AW and H2H back in the day, to get familiar with AH1.

Two weeks isn't enough time to even get the basics down unless you're glued to the game 8 hrs @ day for 14 days. If you can't get a plane off the runway and have a basic understanding of the controls, very few will flip the pay switch "ON". Granted, some just "click" from the gitgo but they're few and far between, IMHO

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
You might find the answer of to this question within yourself, young Jedi  :old:

Yeah, it's called 0 people in the MPA arena, and #s dropping below 150s in the MA most of the time. You don't get better proof than that. Y'all are so arrogant that you have to make excuses on why the #s are dropping instead of increasing. And then so arrogant that you support the dropping of #s over identifying game play issues. And it's so Fing ridiculous that you say, well, achieving #1 in an arena means you don't understand the game play. Give me a F ing break. Name one other sport or game that uses that logic. Please.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2017, 12:47:58 PM »
Name one other sport or game that uses that logic. Please.

Show me one single sport where the top players have input into what the rules are and how the game works.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2017, 12:48:46 PM »
Seriously bud, if you or someone else responsible can just point out earlier when I get embroiled in these kind of pointless, non-progressing,  'frog-boiling' debates I'd really appreciate it. Just say 'klaatu barada nikto' and I'll stand down. It'd really help. Thanks.
LOL...OK! Original? Or the Remake?  :D   I prefer frog FRYING myself,but as used here...wouldnt be the same inference. I am not...NOT,taking sides in this debate...BUT I like your debate style! Get them frustrated, Bait the trap and they walk right into the hole they just made. Sometimes a good argument/debate is JUST PLAIN ENTERTAINING. A lot like ACM, as I understand it. The "ROPE" for one. I have some of the same AGGRAVATING personality ( quirks as some describe mine) traits that you revealed here! Good thing I havent been sued for causing head trauma...lots of folk are just into self inflicting pain exercises, when frustrated :bhead     :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
And it's so Fing ridiculous that you say, well, achieving #1 in an arena means you don't understand the game play. Give me a F ing break. Name one other sport or game that uses that logic. Please.

Being #1 in fighters is just that. It shows you are able to fly fighters reasonably well (it does not even say you are the best at flying fighters, else I would had never been #1). You still can be totally oblivious to the rest of the overall gameplay. You don't need to know anything about gameplay balance, player retention, how the dynamic of ground warfare have changed over time. You don't need to know how the various changes made to gameplay impacted player numbers. You don't need to know aboutt he efficiency of advertisement campaigns. You don't need to know how bases are captured. You don't need to know anything about almost everything concerning AH to get #1 in fighters. It proves nothing about anything.

You are the one claiming that your stats qualify you more than a player with 'lesser' stats.
If that would be true, I would be way more qualified than you. But I guess when you argue that way it's showing expertise, while in my case it would be arrogant.  :rofl

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2017, 01:00:30 PM »
Hey, keep watching the #s fall

Have fun.

You guys are weak.

No one has proven any real undertsanding of the game based anyones logic here. hell even akak didn't list any  actual sources. And you are proving my point by stating that I cant actually see those #s drop based on any changes, but I see a overall decrease in #s. And no one flying in the MPA anymore.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Have fun watching the #s drop. Arrogance follows y'all's arguements as I can prove the #s have dropped. That's all I have to prove.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:02:36 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:48 PM »
Nice dodge.  :rofl

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: October 31, 2017, 01:05:22 PM »
Show me one single sport where the top players have input into what the rules are and how the game works.

Wiley.

Tennis
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2017, 01:10:05 PM »
Nice dodge.  :rofl

You didn't even state what you were argueing differently about the game play than me. You didn't challenge any arguement I've made about the MPA. That being said, im not discrediting what anyone says, that's all of yours biggest fallacy. You all are discrediting mine, regardless of 0 # in the arena and my 12 years of playing in those types of arenas.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: October 31, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
koth had a lot of new players,  they seem skilled more than me at that age, but i knew the fm or acm better than them, i had a few more tricks up my sleeve. I could see them frustrated like i was, although what worried me is they gave up quick like most common man, (why keep getting beat, right!). This is a good sign HT has grabbed some new players out of the flight sim world.  What scares me is the game is not as fun as 07' when i was new, there used to be a 24/7 war going on with opportunities given to me all times of day, it was fun and felt like a exciting video game world, clicks, crews, squads, a underworld, a overworld, really rich. 

How to get that spirt back?  Im not sure it will happen.  The numbers needed to recreate that culture of fun.  The numbers need to support 24/7 action.

Since quantity is so important maybe price is most important?  But can HT operate like that?