Author Topic: STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
FAIL!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 11:47:43 AM »
Maybe he's frustrated because he dosen't have the perks to fly 262's as often as he can fly spit16's.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
Maybe he's frustrated because he dosen't have the perks to fly 262's as often as he can fly spit16's.

I will take the tempest over the 262 every time and it is dirt cheap and a killer.   

I did furbal with a 262 the other day.  Now that was fun albeit it did not last long.  Man those front slats were popping in and out with every turn.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
No it would not..
In AH its all up to the player, everyone gets the same planes and its up to you to do the best of it. My success or failure should depend on me only, not by the game deciding how good i should be at shooting or rolling or whatever..

I guess sarcasm doesn't work anymore, it is getting harder and harder to satirize anything these days.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 12:42:28 PM »
We can make it like NASCAR where everyone is equal.   P-51 Mustang-only arena.   I'm in!

:aok

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »
The graphics upgrades that various old AH1-era planes have received recently have nothing to do with their flight models. In this era of VR the old AH1 cockpits look pretty hopeless which I'd guess is why HTC are so keen to replace them first. It is likely that the rest of the AH1 era stuff will be upgraded over the next 6 months or so, which means the Ar234, A-20G, Boston, Ju-88A-4, Ki-67, Me 163 and Tempest.

Unless some new flight data comes to light about a particular plane then it is likely that any AH flight model changes would be global, i.e. a revised post-stall or flap lift model. Such a revision might help some planes more than others but it would be unlikely to upset the MA status quo too much. While much of the plane set is not used much in the MA, AH isn't only about that arena and many of these other rides are needed for scenarios.

If HTC were to follow certain other "flight sims" and revise flight models on the basis of play-levelling, national bias or player pressure rather than by historical accuracy then they would lose a lot of their established player base.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:50:53 PM by Greebo »

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 12:48:13 PM »
Git gud, son.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 12:49:57 PM »
I can't seem to find the picture of the ME-P40 Tigerkitty anywhere...  if anyone can help, it was amazing.

Someone slapped a ME262 wings on a P40 fuselage.   It actually looked pretty dang hilarious and mean.  That was the first thing I thought of with this thread, but alas, I cannot find the pick.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 05:21:53 PM »
The author of the OP pointed out a very narrow viewpoint about how the mass majority of players choose to play this game with specific opinion to what the game developers choose to do with enhancements to said game.

Either the author is really new to the game or looking to start an uproar.

1) HiTech decides what he wants to do with the game.  We can post all our wishes here but very few ever become reality.
2) Each player pays their $14.95 per month to fly which plane they want and how they play the game. 
3) HiTech adds planes and improves existing planes to help out FSO and Scenarios for better balancing.

There are so many planes and vehicles to choose.  They all have one thing in common.  They are designed to shoot.  We know that the Late War inventory far exceeds the Early War inventory.

To the author:  How do you play?  A lone wolf or with a squad?

If you are a lone wolf, then fly the best of the best to survive.  If you fly with a squad, then how does your squad operate in the Melee Arena?

I will give you an example what the Arabian Knights do on our Squad Night.  We choose a Hangar Queen (Early War aircraft) and lift off as a group and fly to an enemy airfield for a fighter sweep.  We fly against the Late War aircraft never knowing who those players might be and whether they are great or lousy in those birds.  Doesn't matter.  We have tons of fun in the process.  Some of us get shot down but we take a few of them with us.

A good measure for any player in this game would be this.  If you can shoot down Late War planes in Melee Arena with an Early War plane, then you might be doing something right.  That is my opinion.  Each player plays as they want and decide how they value success or failure.

I vote NO to the OP.  Keep improving the Early and Mid War planes.  Bring in more of them.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 08:26:41 PM »
If HTC were to follow certain other "flight sims" and revise flight models on the basis of play-levelling, national bias or player pressure rather than by historical accuracy then they would lose a lot of their established player base.

Not to mention defeating the goal of the game:  To simulate the REAL flight characteristics of REAL airplanes.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
I will give you an example what the Arabian Knights do on our Squad Night.  We choose a Hangar Queen (Early War aircraft) and lift off as a group and fly to an enemy airfield for a fighter sweep.  We fly against the Late War aircraft never knowing who those players might be and whether they are great or lousy in those birds.  Doesn't matter.  We have tons of fun in the process.  Some of us get shot down but we take a few of them with us.

I find that most of the Arabian Knights are dangerous no matter what plane they fly.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
An I-16 with an La-7 engine and 4x 20mm would be pretty cool.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2017, 10:55:57 PM »

Don't forget the R.A.T.O.   :)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline horble

• Silver Member
STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 12:04:01 AM »

Hell, I'd be happy with a bigger gas tank.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:18:44 AM by horble »
Kommando Nowotny

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 01:01:12 AM »
"Oh noes! My Stuka is to slow and teh gunz suck. Better upgrade too jets and taterz."

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com