Author Topic: STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!  (Read 5689 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!
« on: October 23, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
I wish Hitech would work on upgrading some of the middle of the pack planes that would make them competitive with the speed demons.
 And I don't mean hiding the rivets on the metal sheeting of the aircraft. I mean make the plane faster by streamlining it. Upgrading the engine. Putting the 12.1 machine guns in place of 7.6 (Numbers?).
We desperately need more planes so we have better choices for battle. And please don't tell me to learn to fly the planes we have. I have done research of just looking at which planes come in first through 12Th place each month. Its the same planes over and over. Why aren't the early war planes built in early 40's restricted from being the main arena? For example the F4U-1, there are only 8 pilots that fly this plane more the 10 times a month. Hundreds never touch it. And the list goes on.
Yes there are a handful of pilots who are good in any plane. But hundreds who won't touch them and are forced to fly the top dozen.
And when you put the top dozen into categories its even worse. Say I want a fast plane the has cannons  and can turn well at high speeds. Or I want a fast plane with 50's and flaps that work at 275 MPH.
My point is we should have more planes to chose from in the upper tier group! I wish!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: STOP REFURBISHING HAS BEENS!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:55:32 PM »
So your asking for a bunch of "pretend planes" to compete with the planes that are always in the top ten right?

:bhead

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:05:58 PM »
And I don't mean hiding the rivets on the metal sheeting of the aircraft. I mean make the plane faster by streamlining it. Upgrading the engine. Putting the 12.1 machine guns in place of 7.6 (Numbers?).

This game is built on a flight simulator that is designed to simulate the REAL flight characteristics of REAL airplanes.  You want to modify these planes to make them something they aren't, or weren't.   
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 05:08:08 AM »

Sigh..

Next!

:rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:15 AM »
Not sure I follow some of the OP's thinking.   He complains that early War planes aren't restricted from the MA, because hardly anybody flies them there.   But if no one is flying them, why would they need to be restricted from the arena?  And the F4U-1 began operating with the Marines in early 1943, so its mid-War plane, not early-War.

At first pass I thought maybe this aircraft could help with what he wants:

After a second reading though, I'm thinking this might fit his bill:

But no one is "forced" to fly anything.  If you feel forced, its probably a result of the incorrect conclusions you've drawn by observing what everybody else is flying, and your own definition of what fun or success looks like in the game.

Fly a C.205, a P-39Q, a 109G-2, a Yak-7B or the F4U-1.  You can be competitive in it if you're smart and fly it to its strengths.  Be a part of weakening the Big 12's dominance.   In short, be the change you want to see. 

<S>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 08:19:40 AM »
I am totally with the OP. Someone flying a Spit 16 or a Tempest has a totally unfair advantage over someone flying a P-40C.  :old:

Actually, ALL fighters should have exactly the same flight and damage model. Different aircraft shapes are just going to be like skins. You get the "P-51" skin for free, additional skins (like a Hurricane, or a P-38) can be bought for just $0.99 each. This levels the playing field, everybody can fly his favourite fighter without being disadvantaged, HTC gets additional money and adding new planes would be so much less of a work.  You could even add a MiG 15 or a F-18 without unbalancing the arena! And get rid of the perks!

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 08:37:40 AM »
People are naturally competive and will usually choose the thing that gives them more of an advantage.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:51 AM »
Let's just make it real simple. One arena with late war Corsair versus late war Zero with two carriers each and no land, one arena with late war Mustang versus late war Dora with two bases each and no water. No land grabs, no ground vehicles, and include air spawns at 30k so we don't have to waste time climbing. Make the fuel burn 0 and unlimited ammo so we can keep fighting until dead. Enable friendly collisions, turn off killshooter, and make collisions blow up both planes.

Get ready for each arena being filled with 1,000 players 24x7.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »
People are naturally competive and will usually choose the thing that gives them more of an advantage.

I agree to a certain extent.  I mean, I think this is a completely true statement for some people, maybe even most people.   But I can't bring myself to fly a Spit 16 or Fw.190D-9, even though I believe those aircraft would give me the best advantage.  So in my case there is something other than pure competitiveness at play, more along the lines of feeling like I need to challenge myself by using less-popular, lower-performance planes.  Plus I don't feel I can really appreciate or learn the game if I just strap myself into one cockpit all the time - I can't settle down to one airframe for very long.    The P-38 was as close as I came to that - a beautiful machine, multipurpose, jack-of-all-trades.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 09:42:07 AM »
F4U-1 is the plane he picked to use as an example....bruh that thing is top 15 for 1v1 birds in the game. Just because people don't use it doesn't mean it ain't a beast.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:06:40 AM »
Another one of these threads?

There are over 100 planes in the game.  Each one has the ability to kill something.  They may have a disadvantage based upon their real life flight characteristics and loadouts, but they will probably also have some real advantages when it comes to other aspects.

My KI61 is a 35ENY plane -- doesn't mean I don't blast spixteens, las, ponies and other LW beasts out of the air.  Sorry, but the pilot is 99% of the fight, the plane is 1%.  Try learning ACM and SA -- it'll be quicker than waiting for fake planes to be created for you.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:37 AM »
Yes....I think we need crew modifiers as well, higher roll rate and more accurate guns the more experience credits achieved... that sort of thing. That way the game would ROCK!
Pies not kicks.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »
No it would not..
In AH its all up to the player, everyone gets the same planes and its up to you to do the best of it. My success or failure should depend on me only, not by the game deciding how good i should be at shooting or rolling or whatever..
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
As an internet society, we really need to implement a sarcasm font.

OP, just no.  There are other games that allow you to play Pimp My Plane.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11