Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14724 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
Agreed. The dora is 2nd only to the 51 in total kills for fighters. Higher than the spi16 and la7. How can they justify not having it eny 5?

Not only that, but it has the highest K/D with the most kills. That's a big # because it means it doesn't die as much, therefore it's a very tough plane to kill. The other 5 eny planes get tangled up in fights easier which is why they die more. The 190D runs away and flies at 20K, which makes it one of the best planes.

I also meant to include the 19A5 as another under rated furballer and perk farmer. Much more fun and exciting to fly than a 190D anyway.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »
ENY rarely hits my choice of rides but I do wish players could get the plane they want.

They can, just switch teams.  :D

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2017, 01:26:49 PM »
They can, just switch teams.  :D

I don't really have an issue with ENY but the problem I do see is if you are one of the war winning crowd , like I am changing teams isn't much of an option, at least till the map is won.  It would be much like playing chess against myself. Why would I work hard to capture bases, pork factories and such just to change teams so I can fix the stuff I broke and take back the bases I helped take in the first place?  I'm guessing it might not be such an issue for a pure furballer type but for a war winner it's an issue.

I Have hardly ever bothered to change sides because I'm happy with were I'm at really, but I can see this as one of the big problems with the "Just change sides" argument.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2017, 02:47:54 PM »
P51-B is actually better at the altitude most people engage at in here which is always an option and the 38J is an all around better plane than a 38L IMHO.  P47D40 can still carry a ton of ord and is a better plane than the N...  so really, I don't see that big of a deal with ENY limiting plane selection for the vast majority of people.

Even the LA5 is a freaking beast, and the spit viii and spit ix are extremely maneuverable and fast planes as well for the stick stirring crowd.

I'm still at a loss as to what exactly ENY is preventing anyone from doing -- there are plenty of available planes that do the job just as good, if not better than their LW counterparts.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »
To be honest...the only time I even notice that ENY is an issue, is when joining missions(which isnt as common anymore) or defending with GVs. I hate not being able to roll my WIRB. Yes, the osi or M16 is available but those are a bit difficult to transition too,for me. M16 can get killed before plane is even in range, around 1k. The .50s disappear close to that range and any La or other cannon bird can take you out before you can even blink. Thats my only issue at all, and its not really an issue. I can understand why we have ENY, theoretically, I just dont see the problem. To me, I think ENY gets the blame for Game Mechanics being different now. :uhoh Yes you may need more people involved in a task, using higher ENY planes like Bombers for example. Forced to take 26's instead of Lancs, may take 2 or three formations instead of just 1. Seems lack of TEAM WORK is really the problem when ENY kicks in. Same with Furballers. Yes flying a P40 against 2 Spit16's is alot harder than an La7 vrs 2 Spit16's (which is a fight most furballers really relish) but its the lack of team work that makes it different(for most). Thats just my way of thinking about the issue. Its NOT the game, as much as how it is played these days
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »

I don't really have an issue with ENY but the problem I do see is if you are one of the war winning crowd , like I am changing teams isn't much of an option, at least till the map is won.  It would be much like playing chess against myself. Why would I work hard to capture bases, pork factories and such just to change teams so I can fix the stuff I broke and take back the bases I helped take in the first place?  I'm guessing it might not be such an issue for a pure furballer type but for a war winner it's an issue.

I Have hardly ever bothered to change sides because I'm happy with were I'm at really, but I can see this as one of the big problems with the "Just change sides" argument.

I agree, and dont change sides very often. On the other hand Im mature enough to understand the hows and whys of ENY and can accept them. :D

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2017, 10:45:14 PM »
On the other hand

Huhuh huhuhuhuh    :rofl

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »
AFK players should be kicked after a set period. It's been 10 years we need that.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »
AFK players should be kicked after a set period. It's been 10 years we need that.
I agree
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »
by arena though, because i've parked in TA several times to get my skins all downloaded.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »

How long? Some players may be taking a dump between sorties but are a bit constipated. Some may be having to deal with Seventh Day Adventists at the door. The wife may want a third honey-do. Some may even be conversing with new players and helping them with AH minutia. Damned AFKers.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
How long? Some players may be taking a dump between sorties but are a bit constipated. Some may be having to deal with Seventh Day Adventists at the door. The wife may want a third honey-do. Some may even be conversing with new players and helping them with AH minutia. Damned AFKers.

If they're off saving some orphans or whatever, I think they can live with logging back into the arena as a consequence of such important endeavours.  Regardless of how easy it is to bypass it would at least get rid of the accidental ones.

Of course then the complaint becomes, "I watched so and so up at a back field and do nothing all night.  Kick him." and etc and so forth.  But at least it will make some people feel better somehow.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2017, 12:40:01 PM »
Would zone ENY work better than overall ENY? For example, got a hoard in one area ganging a base, they should probably get an eny limit, if they die, must come back in earlier plane.

One problem that got me was, we were trying to capture a base from a CV. Our eny was at 25. We could only fly planes with 1 bomb, and we were not hoarding the base. The other team was able to roll spit16s and Ki84s to easily whop our earlier war planes with ordenance. We couldn't even get to the base. Did the eny really work? Or did it just make it that much harder to fight and therefore worthless to try for a base take. People logged and it reduced the #s on our side, it didn't spread them out.

Now, If the eny is zoned. It would balance the hoards with earlier war planes in that area. Which would create better fights. If it's Zoned, then people can roll their favorite plane from another zone and won't log off due to not being able to fly their fav plane.

Just a concept.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2017, 01:27:21 PM »
We could only fly planes with 1 bomb

F4F Carries two bombs   :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »
If they're off saving some orphans or whatever, I think they can live with logging back into the arena as a consequence of such important endeavours.

And if they're ON saving orphans? You know - that thing I mentioned about helping a new player or two over coms with AH minutia? Are we supposed to always be doing this in flight and on auto-pilot? ;)