Author Topic: ENY is Killing AH  (Read 14690 times)

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
ENY is Killing AH
« on: November 02, 2017, 06:10:55 AM »
I am offering an argument to end or modify the imposition of ENY. As a game leveling, balancing factor of fairness, it fails. The game appears to be in a rut with the Rook nation largely absent. Numbers cycle from about 150 when all countries are populated relatively evenly, to about 25-30, with the Rook nation at times unrepresented. So, when it is 7 vs 11, the 11 member nation must struggle to make advances with early war planes against perk planes while the Rooks sit in tower. Have you ever tried to capture a field with FM2's against just a few La-7's/Spit 16's? The old days of the hoard covering each other's six are temporarily suspended at best, getting 10 people in on a mission is a real feat in the Steam age. None of them seem too impressed with ENY, either, btw.
 When the map is new, or balanced, the Rooks seem to attend more. They certainly do not seem to log on and express, "goody, the have stinky eny let's nail them." It is more like, "bummer, the map sucks again, I'm playing Minecraft" and they leave and ENY soars.

No one really cares who won the last map, in internet terms, it no longer exists. If removing ENY to allow these stale maps to end and refresh causes a slew of victories for the populated country, I think what people will notice is, "ah, new map, a new chance to nail them," as so often inevitably happens anyway. It will increase attendance.

ENY is why we have maps with 60% fields belonging to the home country -- that do not end for days. This stuff is incredibly obvious and I should be enjoying my subscription, not managing the nature of it, so you are welcome for the heads up. Please consider the message, accept it's validity and make appropriate adjustments.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY is Killing AH
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:50:58 AM »
Since the introduction of ENY limiter the number of complaints about uneven numbers went down and are practically extinct. It was not like that in the past. ENY whines have replaced the population unbalance whines.

The issue with ENY is specific to the case of very low numbers that happen during east Asia/Australia evening (lack of players from that time zone). Indeed the situation can probably be improved. However, if you often suffer from ENY restrictions that bother you, it means that you should consider switching chess piece.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:37:15 AM »
Yes

Fly the Yak9T

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
The Op consistently flies for the Bishops, who almost always outnumber both other sides combined, yet he still WHINES like a little BIT*H about ENY. How typical for him and his squad.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »
  I was dedicated to one side for a long time but it got stale. So now when I log in I join the lowest # side. Lately it has been the knits who I think have historically has been the lowest # side most often.  :joystick:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
As a Rook, I flew the KI-61 almost exclusively the last few months, and fly the 109-G6 quite a bit as well.  This against Pony's, MJugs, U4's, LA7s, Spixteens and the whole lot and do quite well.

So, to say that ENY is killing the game, I would say is laughable.  I've haven't had any issues with me not being able to fly the plane I want in years.  Perhaps you should get out of your comfort zone?   :headscratch:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:14:59 AM »
Okay we need to settle on what is killing AH.
is it-eny.
is it- lack of players.
is it-M3 resupply.
is it-maps are too big.
is it-maps are too small.
is it-the manned guns on the airfields.
is it-age of maps-type of maps.
is it-the amount of trees on the maps.
is it-is it the inability to see parked shut down gv's from over 600 ft/yrds whatever it is.
is it-1 country more players on the the other 2 countries-even out numbering 2 countries together.
is it-the European players have a harder time to log on to enough players to play in their prime time.

there are many more stats to post here. but I want to go play..

SO we really want to know what is killing AH3. it damn sure isn't eny,
I as usual disagree on what is killing AH3.
unless I'm missing something. I think AH3 is in a player slump.
people said back in the last year of AH2 that AH2 was dying.
back in AH2 people were moaning and groaning about lack of map changes or upgrades.
so finally HiTech and company bust their butts to give us a new upgraded game. and yes they lost customers, I don't know how many. but I see returning players here and there.
and again we moan and groan<--nicest words) too many trees-tree limbs grab you-prob fixed.
spawns too far/too close-strats too far/too close.
changes to maps that HAD really fun Tank towns because THE MAP BUILDER didn't like the TT's that way, a map Builder that as far as I know doesn't even play this wonderful game-as far as I know. "HTC's CUSTOMERS" liked it. but didn't matter to the map builder.

got off topic-everybody has a opinion on what is killing AH3.
there is nO proof that AH3 is dying, and until HiTech says it is I won't believe it is.

P.S. I know HiTech has been punching the keyboard putting out ads and joining Steam-which a few people are coming by to check it out.
but you also have to think or remember that there was a bunch of steam players at 1st-they now know this game is here in which before they didn't. and I'm sure there are thousands or millions that haven't seen this game yet. :salute :rock and sayonara

ENY IS NOT KILLING THE GAME

OH AND BY THE WAY THIS TOPIC LIKE MANY OTHERS HAVE BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:24:57 AM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:31:28 AM »
people said back in the last year of AH2 that AH2 was dying.

And they were right. AH2 is dead and gone  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »

This does solve most problems. Especially on ndisles map.  :aok

Also, agree on country hopping. I've met a lot of super nice people from just changing countries.

I don't agree that ENY is killing AH.

Fly the Yak9T
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline EagleOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 10:49:10 AM »
ENY is killing the game when i cant up 163 to kill strat raiders!  :rolleyes: :D :neener:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »
ENY is killing the game when i cant up 163 to kill strat raiders!  :rolleyes: :D :neener:

This is actually the only time ENY has ever really affected me  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »
Patient:  Doctor, my head hurts when I hit it with a hammer.

Doctor:  You're stupid.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
The same players that complain that perks are too hard to get are the same guys complaining they can't fly uber-rides all the time.  It's kind of silly when you think about it.

:old:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 10:58:40 AM »
Pigs on the Wing tried to even out the numbers....maybe it's time one of you Bish squads to do your part for the community....

Oh and I like how bish are the LOUDEST on 200 about fighting against a horde(Looking at Anti Horde) when they literally have people posting they always have the numbers :rofl :rofl :rofl

:ahand
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »
ENY is awesome.

Variety is the spice of life. Embrace it. Cant take your beloved easy mode La7?  Try the La5 or any of the "lesser" 109's.  Cant take your beloved P51D? Try a "lesser" P47 or F4U or even a P38!  **gasp**

C'mon folks, stop being such wussies.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.