Author Topic: new map...opinions?  (Read 3405 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: new map...opinions?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »
OP has no clue what he's talking about...just like he has no clue on strategy in game.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 03:22:11 PM »
OP whines about BowlMA that I killed the strat running(sneaking) game. Oceania this time I place all the strat in one area open to even passing squirrels whizzing on them. OP whines again with no specifics other than whining. I cannot help it if "Hitech" enabled 163 at all three un-capturable feilds for the defense of the strats. He communicated to me that my ride setups for each base were not in place after my last run of the terrain build. That happens some times with the terrain editor, I enabled the 163 at only a single field. He was kind enough to personally address the problem. On purpose I didn't place any Flak bases near the strats just for the "Whining OP". Hitech decided to enable the 163 at all three un-capturable feilds, so OP, whine at Hitech.

The OP got to whine his whine about BowlMA and his pat on the head from me, Hitech decided differently...... After this OP, build terrains if you want to keep attacking my work. Your whining has gotten lame.

I apologize to Hitech and Skuzzy if you gentlemen disagree with my tone here.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 06:34:44 AM »
Not playing all the time is s good thing and if you don’t like a map do your ironing or go for a windy walk with a friend in the forest
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »
Bustr has succeeded in making a map that makes me not want to play while it is on. Even Bowl did not do that!
His purpose is to channel activity into localized areas, creating a melee, and in that he has succeeded, and good for him. I'll be interested to see how many players prefer that (though the people on this message board are not representative of the AH community as a whole, but no other sample available).
My problem is that everything is extremely predictable.  Creativity is stifled. People of mediocre ability but a desire to help, like me, find little useful to do and get shot down or bomb****ed. while trying. Because what the enemy is doing is predictable as well I can always resup something, but that gets old fairly quickly. So why bother logging on?
This map might well appeal to the guys who have playing the game for a decade. But, given the steep learning curve of AH3, new guys, unless all they want to do is shoot stuff down and then die in a blaze of glory, might be quickly discouraged.

Just my opinion. Would be interested in hearing others'.

My opinion......build your own map and submit it if you don't like whats in play and don't whine about the people who put in a lot of time and effort to try and produce some different map options for us in game...... :old:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 02:54:33 PM by Canspec »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 03:07:26 PM »
My problem is that everything is extremely predictable.  Creativity is stifled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so how does a game supposed to sneak up on you, that's what it sounds like you want?  how is that supposed to work. oceania map is ok.

tell us what you want in a map that is wrong with this map--because this has gv fights- air to air fights bombers dropping bombs and cv groups with Battleships and sheep oh my--wait dang it bish stole all the sheep.

this was only the 2nd time oceania map has been up. but really aren't the battles on all the maps really the same all the time.

Fair enough, though I think I explained it in my original post.
I want base take options. For such a large map, Oceania gives few such options, and anyone who can read a map can see a try coming pretty easily. In crafting this map, Bustr wished to concentrate activity and he has succeeded. I'm sure many people like that. But it makes what I do (usually bombing or whirbling something) far less effective, especially with the new GV dar thing in existence. When I play, I want whatever I up to achieve a larger purpose than to just shoot someone else down.
I'm not saying it's a bad map. I'm just saying that I hate it.

For context, I absolutely LOVE Buzzsaw. It has everything: quick action if you want that, a multitude of reachable targets in a reasonable amount of time, strats to attack or defend in planes or GVs, channeled CV battles (though I wish the channels were a little wider!)...you name it. I don't get it why it's unpopular with many. And maybe that means I'm out of step with a large part of the AH community. *shrug

But I hate Oceania, lol. Enough said.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »
Then build a terrain and stop complaining in here.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »
OP whines about BowlMA that I killed the strat running(sneaking) game. Oceania this time I place all the strat in one area open to even passing squirrels whizzing on them. OP whines again with no specifics other than whining. I cannot help it if "Hitech" enabled 163 at all three un-capturable feilds for the defense of the strats...

No...I whined that most of the strats on Bowl were a very long way from bases you could up to hit them from, and any strat could be resupped with 4 minute m3 rides. The 163 thing doesn't matter in the slightest since each of the bases you refer to is essentially equally able to defend its strat cluster. And I'm not against 163s being able to defend a strat. It was 163s +Flak bases + very long flights + 4 minute resups that I found displeasing.

As for Oceania, the AAA strat of a team can essentially only be hit by one of its two enemies--we're talking about a ten sector flight for the team that is placed furthest away. I dislike Oceania a lot, and that's an additional reason (see my previous post for others).

Please try not to take this personally, Bustr. I'm explaining, not attacking.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »
You are whining.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
For context, I absolutely LOVE Buzzsaw. It has everything: quick action if you want that, a multitude of reachable targets in a reasonable amount of time, strats to attack or defend in planes or GVs, channeled CV battles (though I wish the channels were a little wider!)...you name it.

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »
Then build a terrain and stop complaining in here.

You can be a tiny bit salamanderly at times, Bustr, but I don't see why people would complain over your terrains.   They're well thought out and we were in desperate need of them.   Kudos for the effort.

:salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »
You are whining.

Sounds like Constructive feedback to me.
It appears that molybdenum may have struck a nerve with you bustr.  You're old enough I'm sure, put the big boy pants on.
You really need to take others opinions into consideration, before throwing your legos' at them and telling them to build their own map.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
I don't need to be able to build a car to tell after driving it that I hate it. I don't have any problems with bustr's maps but telling anyone who does to make their own is pretty funny.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »
He wants all of the strat stuffed in 3 sectors of the terrain center so he dosn't have to spend any time to visit them. Buzzsaw is a "chaos pot" that exposes the strat to easy attack almost like being in a boxed AI game. The game play has no flow other than exposing players to "isolated activity" and ease of access almost like someone was already thinking about what mattered to Steam customers and the next younger generation. It's disjointed, no real war or strategic flow, and caters in a hand and glove manner to "individuals" with bombers and GV's. It's fun about once in a while and then it's tedious unless you drive GV's, solo Bombers, or want to live in an IL2 or HurriD. It's safe for budding air combat players to not become all night perma-scalps.

I won't build terrains like this, so I want him to knock it off and build his own terrains if he wants that kind of easy mode strat runners paradise. And to you too Coogan, build a terrain if you have a better product to offer the community than your desire to get away with dinging people in public. I've used individual design elements from Buzzsaw because they "work across design rational" to enhance the experience. I spend time looking at design features of all the terrains. I refuse to create a "LazyBoy Player" bomber pilot and GV chaos pot. Might as well buy a boxed AI game at that point.

So once again, stop dinging me and build your own terrains, this is not constructive criticism, its picking a fight. Both of you, build a terrain, then we can talk about terrain design because right now you guys are getting lame.

horble, until you build one, you won't know. Ask 8thjinx about it, he went through that epiphany about 2 weeks into his first terrain that is currently under construction. I don't get one dime from HTC for what I create.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 05:37:45 PM »
He wants all of the strat stuffed in 3 sectors of the terrain center so he dosn't have to spend any time to visit them. Buzzsaw is a "chaos pot" that exposes the strat to easy attack almost like being in a boxed AI game. The game play has no flow other than exposing players to "isolated activity" and ease of access almost like someone was already thinking about what mattered to Steam customers and the next younger generation. It's disjointed, no real war or strategic flow, and caters in a hand and glove manner to "individuals" with bombers and GV's. It's fun about once in a while and then it's tedious unless you drive GV's, solo Bombers, or want to live in an IL2 or HurriD. It's safe for budding air combat players to not become all night perma-scalps.

I won't build terrains like this, so I want him to knock it off and build his own terrains if he wants that kind of easy mode strat runners paradise. And to you too Coogan, build a terrain if you have a better product to offer the community than your desire to get away with dinging people in public. I've used individual design elements from Buzzsaw because they "work across design rational" to enhance the experience. I spend time looking at design features of all the terrains. I refuse to create a "LazyBoy Player" bomber pilot and GV chaos pot. Might as well buy a boxed AI game at that point.

So once again, stop dinging me and build your own terrains, this is not constructive criticism, its picking a fight. Both of you, build a terrain, then we can talk about terrain design because right now you guys are getting lame.

horble, until you build one, you won't know. Ask 8thjinx about it, he went through that epiphany about 2 weeks into his first terrain that is currently under construction. I don't get one dime from HTC for what I create.

I didn't knock your map, just your attitude.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Don't hate the maps........hate the playa who's gameplay has gone stale.