Author Topic: Being King of The Hill - By yourself....  (Read 2682 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Being King of The Hill - By yourself....
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »
When will seasoned players learn that griefing other players, new or otherwise, only serves to degrade this game.  Alot of the time I can laugh off things in the game, but last night was hard to accept. It's just not fun anymore.

So guys, keep vultching Tank Town / furballer fields, follow that injured SINGLE bomber all the way home and shoot them on landing (yeah bomb and bailers are the problem....), bypass an entire furball to follow a single crippled plane home and shoot them on landing... GREAT JOB!!!!...  (in making me log off so there's less action in the arena...  :aok ur a hero... :bhead)

Have fun playing alone because that kind of junk is pathetic. There really are better ways to spend your money than getting into this sandbox full of children who've been indoctrinated to be sadistic, foul-mouthed (200), psychotic little S.O.B.s whom only experience joy, when you experience anguish.  :bolt:

Lè Sigh..... Someone send me a Waaaaaaaaambulance... A whine has been recorded... Urge to Not Bother rising.....

P.S.
Is this just MY experience lately or what?

56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Being King of The Hill - By yourself....
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »
Only takes a few plops to ruin the swimming pool. Smack talk's a bit of a sub-game of its own. While I appreciate the maturity of your appeal I think you'll be disappointed. You can always set up a tab in comms - I have one labelled Silence - for the times you just want to fly and not be mithered. Put some nice music on instead  :)

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
I usually let people rtb if they can no longer fight (lose wing/engine/etc).

Its a good habit to continue.  :angel:

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:23 AM »

There's Honor in that... *RESPECT*

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:31 AM »

Same here but remember that decent behaviour doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll get that from others. Do your thing quietly, is probably more influential but beware of raising your own expectations.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Ah, no: I know people are ruthless and I expect no quater from them.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 11:56:30 AM »
While I agree with you some of that behavior is pathetic, why do you expect quarter given in an online game?  If it's possible to do, somebody will do it.

Expect the guy that can get to you to get to you.  If you're red and your plane is not falling out of control, expect him to try to finish you.

Projecting your sense of right and wrong on the other people in the arena is a recipe for frustration.  Do what you think is right, expect your opponents to throw everything they have at you.  You get a brand new plane if you die.

Getting fussy because a guy took down your smoking RTBing plane is pretty much equivalent to getting fussy because the last defender on the opposing football team tackled you after you evaded the rest of the team on your run.  You're a live target in the arena and he could get to you.

Personally I throw everything I have at my opponents and expect the same out of them.  I don't generally vulch or HO outside attempted base takes because it's not fun for me, not because of any particular moral reasons.  Do your thing, don't expect them to play by your self-imposed rules.  You'll be a lot happier.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »
While I agree with you some of that behavior is pathetic, why do you expect quarter given in an online game?  If it's possible to do, somebody will do it.

Expect the guy that can get to you to get to you.  If you're red and your plane is not falling out of control, expect him to try to finish you.

Projecting your sense of right and wrong on the other people in the arena is a recipe for frustration.  Do what you think is right, expect your opponents to throw everything they have at you.  You get a brand new plane if you die.

Getting fussy because a guy took down your smoking RTBing plane is pretty much equivalent to getting fussy because the last defender on the opposing football team tackled you after you evaded the rest of the team on your run.  You're a live target in the arena and he could get to you.

Personally I throw everything I have at my opponents and expect the same out of them.  I don't generally vulch or HO outside attempted base takes because it's not fun for me, not because of any particular moral reasons.  Do your thing, don't expect them to play by your self-imposed rules.  You'll be a lot happier.

Wiley.

While I think the complexity and depth of peoples actions in the right/wrong state are beyond simple descriptions that may fill a few lines in this thread on the off topic forums; there is no need to despair that others arn't following your own sense of honour. Honour is fairness and fairness is irrepressible compared to the fleeting stimulus of more self-centered directions.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
While I think the complexity and depth of peoples actions in the right/wrong state are beyond simple descriptions that may fill a few lines in this thread on the off topic forums; there is no need to despair that others arn't following your own sense of honour. Honour is fairness and fairness is irrepressible compared to the fleeting stimulus of more self-centered directions.

Lack of "Fairness" is what makes this game better than most IMO.  You are given whatever situation is going on in the arena at the moment and you have to adjust your behavior accordingly.

Sometimes you log in and through no fault of your own all your strats are down.  Sometimes they're vulching one of your fields.  You can choose to up like a lemming into the "unfair" vulch, or you can come in with alt from the next field over and break it up.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Nypsy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »

Wiley.

You hit the nail on the head Wiley.

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 12:17:20 PM »
I just do what everyone else does to me.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 12:25:38 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Wiley.

As usual
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
I just do what everyone else does to me.

I will freely admit if I see a guy line up a HO from afar I will sometimes oblige him, particularly in a heavily armed plane.  I don't feel good about it, but it's all he deserves sometimes.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
Bish have no honor
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »
While I agree with you some of that behavior is pathetic, why do you expect quarter given in an online game?  If it's possible to do, somebody will do it....

Projecting your sense of right and wrong on the other people in the arena is a recipe for frustration.

Getting fussy because a guy took down your smoking RTBing plane is pretty much equivalent to getting fussy because the last defender on the opposing football team tackled you after you evaded the rest of the team on your run.  You're a live target in the arena and he could get to you.....Wiley.

1. I don't expect quarter, but rather a sense of fair-play. I realize that is simply too much to ask.... So point awarded to Wiley..

2. It is a recipe for frustration, but the frustration was already there and partially needed to vent i suppose.  lol Point wiley...

3. I'd liken it more to I beat the whole team to the endzone, and the mascot comes out and levels me. Like what the heck!?   Point deducted?  :headscratch:

SO overall I suppose it's simply a lack of respect and you're correct, if it's doable in game it's not "illegal".  But the crux of the post is in the title, if that's really how you wish to play the game, be prepared when there's nobody left in the sandbox.

:salute to the responses. Appreciate level heads...  :rock